turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I'm back with a new review for TSA: NMH! The review can be found here.

The short version of the review is that it's a gigantic let down, with an uninspired story, bad level design, and combat that gets old quickly.

What did you think of the return of Travis Touchdown?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@turtlethetaffer: I guess you've confirmed what most of the other review scores have said. It's disappointing to know the game gets old quick and isn't that fun to play.

I was thinking of picking it up sometime, but I'm still not sure. If I ever do, it'll probably be once it's $20 or less I guess. But I might be at the point where I won't have time for it.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 turtlethetaffer

@Ovirew said:

@turtlethetaffer: I guess you've confirmed what most of the other review scores have said. It's disappointing to know the game gets old quick and isn't that fun to play.

I was thinking of picking it up sometime, but I'm still not sure. If I ever do, it'll probably be once it's $20 or less I guess. But I might be at the point where I won't have time for it.

I would say if you can find it in the 15-20 dollar range and are a huge NMH/ Suda51 fan, it's worth it for completion's sake. But it definitely got old fast for since it lacked the attitude and unpredictability that made the first two so great.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#3 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I thought it was garbage, and I couldn't motivate myself to finish it. I'm glad I was able to return it, and get Resident Evil 2 instead. It got boring and tedious quickly, the combat was so oversimplified and shallow, it lacked all the charm and fun of the first two games, and it felt badly designed.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Thanks for the review @turtlethetaffer. I was in two minds about trying this one out, but having read though your experiences I think I'll wait for a real No More Heroes game to come out instead.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 turtlethetaffer

@mandzilla: Happy to help. I don't think anything really happens in it that will affect the overall story if a theoretical third one comes out.

@princessgomez92:I struggled hardcore finishing it. I want to support Suda so he gets a budget to create another proper NMH game or something new, but damn if this game wasn't tough to get through.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@turtlethetaffer: Ahh phew, that's good to know then. :D