New Ninty console! Your pro and con

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

Name one pro and one con for this exciting news! It's too early to have any real facts, so let's cut through the online arguments and just say what you think will happen.

Mine-

Pro: So long, shovelware. You aren't worth the money it'll take to develop for this new console, and apparently Nintendo isn't focusing on your buyers anymore.

Con: So long 2011 Skyward Sword release.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Im sorry but what? I dont really understand what you are saying? Skyward sword is going to be for the current nintendo console generation, the Wii. And the Wii 2 or w/e it is going to be called will have shovelware, there is no way to avoid it with out turning away potentially good devs. So yeah, I dont understand what you are saying.

Pro- It will bring 3rd party dev's attention back to Nintendo, more games (hopefully ones breaking the 8.5 curse), HD, improved controls, and great online

Cons- If the Wii 2 gets BC with Wii, then it cant go wrong.... so yeah, No cons :P

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts
Pro: If the rumors are true and Nintendo is going for power and regaining the core market, it means enjoying all tue amazing first party titles AND great multiplats! No more need for more than one console! Cons: I dont own it yet :(
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Pro: It's a New Nintendo Console and will most definitely bring some new fresh ideas. Hopefully 3rd party support similar to that of their Handhelds. Hopefully Region Free (would solve ALOT of the Localization issues). Hard Drive is necessary now. Most likely better Online integration. Con: If HD is the only thing added, then that doesn't warrant the price of a new console.
iano-87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 iano-87
Member since 2010 • 685 Posts

Name one pro and one con for this exciting news! It's too early to have any real facts, so let's cut through the online arguments and just say what you think will happen.

Mine-

Pro: So long, shovelware. You aren't worth the money it'll take to develop for this new console, and apparently Nintendo isn't focusing on your buyers anymore.

Kojo222

I dont get your pros and cons...

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i don't get why people think nintendo will give up on their money-printing demoraphic, or that there won't be shovelware.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nini200
i don't get why people think nintendo will give up on their money-printing demoraphic, or that there won't be shovelware.BrunoBRS
There will be shovelware regardless. I agree with Bruno. Don't get used to it Buddy :P lol jk
Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

[QUOTE="Kojo222"]

Mine-

iano-87

I dont get your pros and cons...

I guess I was a little vague-

Pro: Nintendo has been great about letting developers experiment with the Wii's controls since it's inception. It also costs less to develop games for, with HD graphics not being a requirement and all. This brought us some wonderful titles we'd have never imagined before like Zack and Wiki. The bad part is that now there's a disproportionate number of titles on the Wii that are cheaply made and seem to only be there to make a quick buck. Supposedly, with this new console having HD graphics, it may be harder for games like these to find their way into the Wii2's(?) library. Also, with the rumor that Nintendo is looking to recapture the "hardcore base", devs that had before written off the Wii before can share their newer titles with Nintendo, and maybe give us a few old ones(in particular, I always thought Portal would make a perfect game for Wii).

Con: I wasn't really being serious about this one. I know the control scheme uses the wiimote. I was just noting the recent pattern of a new Zelda being announced before a new console, then being delayed for a few years so it can be released on the new console(Wind Waker, Twilight Princess). Not really a problem for me; both games were well worth the wait.

I'm not trying to start any arguments so if you don't like what I said, just forget it and give me your opinions.

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

Pro: New Nintendo console

Con: There can't possible be one the wiis old

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

OP is completely fail.

Pro: new hardware, new smell, new possibilities... awesome

Cons: i have to say goodbye to the wii.

OmegaAK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 OmegaAK47
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts

PRO: A new system that can compete with others Gen systems, this will start the next gen systems. Hopefully all this time Nintendo has been making new games, and new software.

Cons: If the systems comes out now, and it's only on the level of the current systems, then when the "next-Gen" starts, Nintendo will be left in the dust. :( (But hopefully that doesn't happen).

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nini200

OP is completely fail.

Pro: new hardware, new smell, new possibilities... awesome

Cons: i have to say goodbye to the wii.

KBFloYd
Not really. Read the article on the main page. Rumor has it that it will be Wii Backwards Compatible.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts

PRO: A new system that can compete with others Gen systems, this will start the next gen systems. Hopefully all this time Nintendo has been making new games, and new software.

Cons: If the systems comes out now, and it's only on the level of the current systems, then when the "next-Gen" starts, Nintendo will be left in the dust. :( (But hopefully that doesn't happen).

OmegaAK47

That's what i'm afraid of. Rumours say that the Wii successor will be MORE powerful than the PS3 and Xbox 360, but by how much? Once the PS4 and the Xbox 360 successor are released (around 2015 says Sony and Microsoft), will they make the Wii successor look just like the Wii did? Nintendo, 'jump in' and 'step your game up' or those two phrases are gonna bury you in power again. The things I want are: next gen. graphics (probably twice the power of the PS3 or 360), HDMI, 1200p/1320p/1440p (or whatever the next optimal maximum resolution will be, but this might not even be needed), 3D compatible (the PS3 and 360 are both compatible), BDXL (BD or Blu-ray Discs are 25GB and 50GB dual layered, but BDXL are 100-125GB and 200-250GB dual layered), andfull backwards compatibility, but boot the Gamecube compatibility.

Avatar image for MicrosoftISdumb
MicrosoftISdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MicrosoftISdumb
Member since 2005 • 1959 Posts

Pro: Touch screen controller that allows full games to be played on it? Um, yes please!

Con: ...... and you thought the 3DS' battery life was bad.... :o :cry:

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#15 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

wait what there will always be those bargin bin titles as long as the console sells for crying out loud ps2 had them

pro =better graphics at the same price as usual

con -the only con is buying a collection once again lol

but who cares , awsome games come from nintendo a better lookign mario mariokart zelda metroid fzero etc and we are in business

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#16 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
[QUOTE="riariases"]

[QUOTE="OmegaAK47"]

That's what i'm afraid of. Rumours say that the Wii successor will be MORE powerful than the PS3 and Xbox 360, but by how much? Once the PS4 and the Xbox 360 successor are released (around 2015 says Sony and Microsoft), will they make the Wii successor look just like the Wii did? Nintendo, 'jump in' and 'step your game up' or those two phrases are gonna bury you in power again. The things I want are: next gen. graphics (probably twice the power of the PS3 or 360), HDMI, 1200p/1320p/1440p (or whatever the next optimal maximum resolution will be, but this might not even be needed), 3D compatible (the PS3 and 360 are both compatible), BDXL (BD or Blu-ray Discs are 25GB and 50GB dual layered, but BDXL are 100-125GB and 200-250GB dual layered), andfull backwards compatibility, but boot the Gamecube compatibility.

around 2015 then you wouldnt have to worry for long , why cause nintnedo will be on their heels in 2-3 yrs after them lol and chances are thelly be stuck like glue this time !
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Pro: New Nintendo console Con: No more Wii mote.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts

[QUOTE="riariases"]

[QUOTE="OmegaAK47"]

mariokart64fan

around 2015 then you wouldnt have to worry for long , why cause nintnedo will be on their heels in 2-3 yrs after them lol and chances are thelly be stuck like glue this time !

Doubt it. Sales wise, Nintendo will probably be winning again, but in terms of specs, they'll probably be behind for chosing to release a new console much sooner than the competition. This means that those multiplatform games won't make it to Nintendos console next generation either. And scratch the whole 1200p/1320p/1440p. Nintendo should include 4Kp resolution (4000x2000p). It's next generations resolution. And there are already 3DTVs being developed for next generation without the need for 3D glasses so thats Nintendos 3Deyewearphobia out the window. There's nothing stopping them from including 3D compatibility.