New Nintendo 3DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pacific90
Member since 2010 • 848 Posts

I am trying to decide if I should get the 2DS on black friday or wait a while until the New 3DS goes on sale when it's released next year. I wanting to just get a handheld right now for the re-make of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.

Any thoughts?

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#2 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

I would say wait for the "New" 3DS, I already have it (imported it) and its just better. Loading time is way faster than the OG/XL/2DS, it has an automatic brightness adjustment, 3D doesnt blur now thanks to the head tracking camera that is located next to the front camera, that c-nub might come in handy for future games, downloading is much much faster, and there are future games that are exclusive for the "New" 3DS

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3  Edited By polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

Definitely the 2ds now. $130 price tag is dirt cheap and a way better deal than waiting for over a year.

I bought a limited edition 3dsxl last month and dont regret it at all. Before i had the 3dsxl, i had a 2ds and i really liked it for pokemon, although i thought the screen was to small for games such as oot and donkey kong.

Buy the 2ds and when the time comes you'll have money for the new one whenever that comes out.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

My 3DS was stolen near the end of the summer and a few weeks later the NN3DS was announced. I've been waiting since. If we get it, my best bet is it arrives either February/March, or May. I'm willing to wait that long.

I'm not spending 100 dollars on something I'll only be using for a few months.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pacific90
Member since 2010 • 848 Posts

i heard the only new 3ds exclusive games will be remake of wii games.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

I would wait a couple more years and see if Nintendo rereleases the New 3DS with a better placed C-nub. It's great that it's finally here after years of kissing Nintendos ass to give us a 2nd slide pad but, it's not even placed on the right spot and it's really tiny.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

I would wait until the new 3ds.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

If you want a handheld console now, waiting for the New 3DS (whenever that will release) will do you no good. Grab a 2DS or 3DS XL maybe.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i would wait. new 3ds will probably come march bundled with monster hunter 3 ultimate.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

If you are just going to play Pokemon on it I would get a 3DS now. If you plan on playing a spectrum of good 3DS games, esp. those that are taking advantage of the new hardware, I would wait for the New 3DS.