New generation of pokemon

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rtpjazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 rtpjazz
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts
If you think a new gen of pokemon would be cool, post your ideas.
erup123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 erup123
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts
too soon.
BishGoDie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BishGoDie
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
With the introduction in 4th gen of normal and special attacking moves for each style it really does limit what you can do (for example you have 4 different move types all special, but then you come up against something with huge special defence but weak to average normal defence, your normal attack is respectable but you have no normal attacks because you wanted spec attacks for max damage, what needs to happen is the number of attacks each pokemon can have at one time to be increased to either 6 or 8 so you can have a mix of normal and special attacks plus more room for status attacks too. also less legendaries in the next game would be good, and the ammount of baby pokemon they brought in was a bit lame... they also need more good fire and grass pokemon, they were seriously lacking in 4th gen
ms-fable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 ms-fable
Member since 2008 • 741 Posts
It's too soon and as I've said a million times.... WE NEED GOLD/SILVER REMAKES NOT 5TH GENERATION.
rtpjazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rtpjazz
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts

gold/silver remakes would be cool.

soopernewt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 soopernewt
Member since 2008 • 514 Posts
um maby a new 1 wold be good but i think the show is out of control thay have 10 frkin sesons gees
Avatar image for XxShadowTongyxX
XxShadowTongyxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 XxShadowTongyxX
Member since 2008 • 414 Posts
That would be freaking awesome if they made another generation of pokemon. Perhaps they would be as cool as the first generation and I will begin playing the games again. But until than yea, I really do not plan on it. But Gold/Silver versions were awesome. I remember playing those games for days on end with my friends, battling and trading pokemon. Getting them to level ninety nine.
tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts
How about in the new gen, you can customize your character and choose whether to be a trainer or a contestant. Each would have their own unique gameplay and multiplayer compatibilities maybe even some real time elements. You aren't set to play in a scripted manner but go at your own pace with obstacles blocking your path to the next gym. You could buy your own house, not a stupid hideout. If you have, say seven badges, you could even start your gym or contest hall, and earn money with every victory. Plus, wild Pokemon are actual sprites that can actually be seen.
Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts

How about in the new gen, you can customize your character and choose whether to be a trainer or a contestant. Each would have their own unique gameplay and multiplayer compatibilities maybe even some real time elements. You aren't set to play in a scripted manner but go at your own pace with obstacles blocking your path to the next gym. You could buy your own house, not a stupid hideout. If you have, say seven badges, you could even start your gym or contest hall, and earn money with every victory. Plus, wild Pokemon are actual sprites that can actually be seen.tktomo01

So it would be a combination of Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and Dragon Quest Monster Jokers? Sounds cool to me.

um maby a new 1 wold be good but i think the show is out of control thay have 10 frkin sesons geessoopernewt

What does the show have anything to do with a new pokemon game?

Icewells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Icewells
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts

I'd like to see a new series of pokemon games in which you're able to cutomize your character eg.cloths, hair style/colour, eye colour etc.

The game should be 3D and should have a new battle system in which you controll the actual pokemon ur using to fight against your opponent. Battles could be done a enclosed arena like area.

D-Pad could be used to move the pokemon , L and R buttons could be used to Block and dodge and the X, Y, A, and B buttons could be tapped for one of the pokemons four attacks.

Traveling from town town should be done with more and longer side-quests before you arrive at a town with a Gym Battle.. The game could be based on a new region and you should be able to explore more than one region.

It should have the pokemon league from the Anime series(not the crappy elite four cause I'm really tired of them)

If they remake Crystal I woul really like it to be like this, C/G/S were the best!!!.

hope this wasn't TOO long for u guys.

sirvvaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sirvvaffles
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts

rtpjazz

This
samus_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 samus_user
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts

How about in the new gen, you can customize your character and choose whether to be a trainer or a contestant. Each would have their own unique gameplay and multiplayer compatibilities maybe even some real time elements. You aren't set to play in a scripted manner but go at your own pace with obstacles blocking your path to the next gym. You could buy your own house, not a stupid hideout. If you have, say seven badges, you could even start your gym or contest hall, and earn money with every victory. Plus, wild Pokemon are actual sprites that can actually be seen.tktomo01

i have always wanted to make my own gym since i saw the gyms in emerald

XNA-Game-Maker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XNA-Game-Maker
Member since 2008 • 192 Posts

rtpjazz

The remakes would be along side the platnum pokemon game.

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
There's too many of the creatures as it is, and most of the new ones just keep getting uglier with each additional generation (with a few interesting ones here and there). Before, when I actually was into the franchise to a great degree, there were just 151 of the creatures, up to 250+ or so with GSC when I quit (though I only owned the original Blue version and thus focused on the original 151). Now, there's probably around 500+ of the things! Good luck trying to catch 'em all! Anyway, one of the things that I think needs to be changed is the overall treatment of the creatures themselves, as well as the trainers' behavior. You have these people just running around, catching wild monsters with special balls, and forcing them to fight until they faint just for the pure pleasure of the trainers (or at least that's just how I see it). Also, some trainers have absolutely nothing better to do than to bury themselves in the ground and hide until another trainer walks by, when they pop up and demand a battle. Don't they have anything better to do with their time? Also, the various gameworlds that the series has been through have all been surprisingly peaceful. No war, and no death anywhere except that cemetery that you needed the Silph Scope to go through in the first games (and in that case, you don't actually see something dying, just a bunch of tombstones, ghosts, and people crying about their lost creatures that probably died in a battle or something, nevermind the fact that they only faint in all the battles YOU fight in). What if the world took a somewhat darker twist, with people fighting for their lives in a great war for some stupid reason? Maybe the trainers might actually get in the middle of the fight too to aid their pets instead of just standing in the background and barking out orders, because this time around, there's no mere fainting-if you make a creature fight to the death and don't attempt to help save its life or something, it's probably going to be gone. Forever. And replacing it won't be easy, especially if whatever took it out takes you out too. And if the game is configured so that player death means having to start from the very beginning again (like a Roguelike, or Steel Battalion when you fail to eject in time), you'd have far more incentive to stay alive (as well as keeping your friends alive too, especially when you've spent a lot of time levelling them up). Another reason for suggesting something like that is because I'm tired of the story being about some random young trainer who meets a professor named after some random tree that has to help said professor's research by catching a bunch of creatures, only six of which he'll ever use in the end while the rest rot in computer boxes. It's changed very little from Red and Blue, and some might say that if you want a game different from the main formula, that's what the spinoffs are for. The problem? All those spinoffs don't really fit what I want, either. Finally, it would be nice if this game were all in real-time, and you could see the wild creatures roaming around in the world instead of getting sucked into a random battle screen. It would be a bit more like Zelda in that sense, as the same world you travel in is the very same one where battles take place, and the battles aren't turn-based.
psp8976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 psp8976
Member since 2008 • 4310 Posts
i think they should put pokemon on the pc beaueas they can put more pokemon in there and more gym babge's and they can put in all the stuff they left out from the pokemon cartoon's most of the time
jacobs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jacobs06
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts

There's too many of the creatures as it is, and most of the new ones just keep getting uglier with each additional generation (with a few interesting ones here and there). Before, when I actually was into the franchise to a great degree, there were just 151 of the creatures, up to 250+ or so with GSC when I quit (though I only owned the original Blue version and thus focused on the original 151). Now, there's probably around 500+ of the things! Good luck trying to catch 'em all! Anyway, one of the things that I think needs to be changed is the overall treatment of the creatures themselves, as well as the trainers' behavior. You have these people just running around, catching wild monsters with special balls, and forcing them to fight until they faint just for the pure pleasure of the trainers (or at least that's just how I see it). Also, some trainers have absolutely nothing better to do than to bury themselves in the ground and hide until another trainer walks by, when they pop up and demand a battle. Don't they have anything better to do with their time? Also, the various gameworlds that the series has been through have all been surprisingly peaceful. No war, and no death anywhere except that cemetery that you needed the Silph Scope to go through in the first games (and in that case, you don't actually see something dying, just a bunch of tombstones, ghosts, and people crying about their lost creatures that probably died in a battle or something, nevermind the fact that they only faint in all the battles YOU fight in). What if the world took a somewhat darker twist, with people fighting for their lives in a great war for some stupid reason? Maybe the trainers might actually get in the middle of the fight too to aid their pets instead of just standing in the background and barking out orders, because this time around, there's no mere fainting-if you make a creature fight to the death and don't attempt to help save its life or something, it's probably going to be gone. Forever. And replacing it won't be easy, especially if whatever took it out takes you out too. And if the game is configured so that player death means having to start from the very beginning again (like a Roguelike, or Steel Battalion when you fail to eject in time), you'd have far more incentive to stay alive (as well as keeping your friends alive too, especially when you've spent a lot of time levelling them up). Another reason for suggesting something like that is because I'm tired of the story being about some random young trainer who meets a professor named after some random tree that has to help said professor's research by catching a bunch of creatures, only six of which he'll ever use in the end while the rest rot in computer boxes. It's changed very little from Red and Blue, and some might say that if you want a game different from the main formula, that's what the spinoffs are for. The problem? All those spinoffs don't really fit what I want, either. Finally, it would be nice if this game were all in real-time, and you could see the wild creatures roaming around in the world instead of getting sucked into a random battle screen. It would be a bit more like Zelda in that sense, as the same world you travel in is the very same one where battles take place, and the battles aren't turn-based.NamelessPlayer

I agree with everything you said.

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts

This a a great idea.

There's too many of the creatures as it is, and most of the new ones just keep getting uglier with each additional generation (with a few interesting ones here and there). Before, when I actually was into the franchise to a great degree, there were just 151 of the creatures, up to 250+ or so with GSC when I quit (though I only owned the original Blue version and thus focused on the original 151). Now, there's probably around 500+ of the things! Good luck trying to catch 'em all! Anyway, one of the things that I think needs to be changed is the overall treatment of the creatures themselves, as well as the trainers' behavior. You have these people just running around, catching wild monsters with special balls, and forcing them to fight until they faint just for the pure pleasure of the trainers (or at least that's just how I see it). Also, some trainers have absolutely nothing better to do than to bury themselves in the ground and hide until another trainer walks by, when they pop up and demand a battle. Don't they have anything better to do with their time? Also, the various gameworlds that the series has been through have all been surprisingly peaceful. No war, and no death anywhere except that cemetery that you needed the Silph Scope to go through in the first games (and in that case, you don't actually see something dying, just a bunch of tombstones, ghosts, and people crying about their lost creatures that probably died in a battle or something, nevermind the fact that they only faint in all the battles YOU fight in). What if the world took a somewhat darker twist, with people fighting for their lives in a great war for some stupid reason? Maybe the trainers might actually get in the middle of the fight too to aid their pets instead of just standing in the background and barking out orders, because this time around, there's no mere fainting-if you make a creature fight to the death and don't attempt to help save its life or something, it's probably going to be gone. Forever. And replacing it won't be easy, especially if whatever took it out takes you out too. And if the game is configured so that player death means having to start from the very beginning again (like a Roguelike, or Steel Battalion when you fail to eject in time), you'd have far more incentive to stay alive (as well as keeping your friends alive too, especially when you've spent a lot of time levelling them up). Another reason for suggesting something like that is because I'm tired of the story being about some random young trainer who meets a professor named after some random tree that has to help said professor's research by catching a bunch of creatures, only six of which he'll ever use in the end while the rest rot in computer boxes. It's changed very little from Red and Blue, and some might say that if you want a game different from the main formula, that's what the spinoffs are for. The problem? All those spinoffs don't really fit what I want, either. Finally, it would be nice if this game were all in real-time, and you could see the wild creatures roaming around in the world instead of getting sucked into a random battle screen. It would be a bit more like Zelda in that sense, as the same world you travel in is the very same one where battles take place, and the battles aren't turn-based.NamelessPlayer

I also think that this is a cool idea, I loved the first and 2nd generation of pokemon, but now I think it needs to change, and a realistic approach would be a awesome way to change up these games.

cube2k8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cube2k8
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts
yeah that would be cool to have a remake of gold and silver
DirtyGoatAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DirtyGoatAss
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I want some remakes :D . Not another generation.
GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts

I'm pretty postive- There WONT be a brand new nextgen poke for the DS. Look at it this way

When the orginal Gameboy came out we had red/blue, and later a yellow came out. Which was foundamentally the same game.

Next, the GB Colour, it had silver/gold, as well as Crystal. Which yet again, was foundamentally the same game,

After, we had Ruby/Sapphire, for the GB Advance. As well as Emerald, which was like yellow and Crystal. However, since two main pokemon games came out before already, a remake of red and green(our blue in NA, and Europe)came out.

Notice the pattern? Only 1 new next generation of pokemon every Nintendo handheld.

Let's look on this generation. The DS has Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. Also, the coming up Platium, which is gonna be like yellow, crystal and Emerald- an updated version of d/p.

Since the gba had a poke remake, I wouldn't be surprised to see a gold/silver remake for the DS

Halokid94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Halokid94
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts
Too many pokemon to count. I think they need to focus on better gameplay and features than adding 100 somethin more pokemon
penneljo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 penneljo
Member since 2004 • 229 Posts

It's too soon and as I've said a million times.... WE NEED GOLD/SILVER REMAKES NOT 5TH GENERATION.ms-fable

exactly wat this man said

penneljo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 penneljo
Member since 2004 • 229 Posts

I'm pretty postive- There WONT be a brand new nextgen poke for the DS. Look at it this way

When the orginal Gameboy came out we had red/blue, and later a yellow came out. Which was foundamentally the same game.

Next, the GB Colour, it had silver/gold, as well as Crystal. Which yet again, was foundamentally the same game,

After, we had Ruby/Sapphire, for the GB Advance. As well as Emerald, which was like yellow and Crystal. However, since two main pokemon games came out before already, a remake of red and green(our blue in NA, and Europe)came out.

Notice the pattern? Only 1 new next generation of pokemon every Nintendo handheld.

Let's look on this generation. The DS has Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. Also, the coming up Platium, which is gonna be like yellow, crystal and Emerald- an updated version of d/p.

Since the gba had a poke remake, I wouldn't be surprised to see a gold/silver remake for the DS

GANGSTASAN
this guy has the right idea too