New Animal crossing visual disappointing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts
I mean the visualise of it look no different than the GC version. Does anyone know the size of the GC version of the game? Well it's 16MB and they have 8GB of space to work with now and yet they can't even update the graphics? Is that just me or is Nintendo getting lazy?
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
It looks way better than the gamecube version. The gamecube version has crappy graphics.
legolasxbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 legolasxbow
Member since 2008 • 667 Posts
I agree, but it wont stop me from buying it
JPSmonkey111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 JPSmonkey111
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts
Actually, the color are way better, and to tell you the truth, I like the art style of Animal Crossing. I have no problem with them re-using the same graphics from the Gamecube version.
legolasxbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 legolasxbow
I mean the visualise of it look no different than the GC version. Does anyone know the size of the GC version of the game? Well it's 16MB and they have 8GB of space to work with now and yet they can't even update the graphics? Is that just me or is Nintendo getting lazy?zaku101
im pretty sure it wasnt 16mb, i saw it be 1.4 gb. even animal crossing on ds is bigger than 16 mb.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts

Actually, the color are way better, and to tell you the truth, I like the art style of Animal Crossing. I have no problem with them re-using the same graphics from the Gamecube version.JPSmonkey111

Do you guys remember the gamecube version? It was blocky and fairly poor even for that era. The new one seriously does look a lot better, it's not just color...

-Wheels-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 -Wheels-
Member since 2005 • 3137 Posts
Animal Crossing has always been about content. Now expect crazy amounts more. Epic replay value.
-Wheels-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 -Wheels-
Member since 2005 • 3137 Posts

[QUOTE="legolasxbow"][QUOTE="zaku101"]I mean the visualise of it look no different than the GC version. Does anyone know the size of the GC version of the game? Well it's 16MB and they have 8GB of space to work with now and yet they can't even update the graphics? Is that just me or is Nintendo getting lazy?zaku101

im pretty sure it wasnt 16mb, i saw it be 1.4 gb. even animal crossing on ds is bigger than 16 mb.

I forgot to list this but the GC version is truly 16MB and the games not even built for the GC. The game was built for the N64 and ported to the Gamecube so the game actually has N64 graphics and yes it is 16MB. Google it if you don't believe me.

No, it's better than N64 graphics. Don't confuse simple design with N64 graphics.

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zaku101

[QUOTE="zaku101"]I mean the visualise of it look no different than the GC version. Does anyone know the size of the GC version of the game? Well it's 16MB and they have 8GB of space to work with now and yet they can't even update the graphics? Is that just me or is Nintendo getting lazy?legolasxbow

Your right it is about 1GB I was looking at the compressed version of it where they took out the usless dummy files and the game made up 16MB. But they still have 7 more GB of space why not upgrade the visuals a little?

legolasxbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 legolasxbow
[QUOTE="zaku101"]

[QUOTE="legolasxbow"][QUOTE="zaku101"]I mean the visualise of it look no different than the GC version. Does anyone know the size of the GC version of the game? Well it's 16MB and they have 8GB of space to work with now and yet they can't even update the graphics? Is that just me or is Nintendo getting lazy?-Wheels-

I forgot to list this but the GC version is truly 16MB and the games not even built for the GC. The game was built for the N64 and ported to the Gamecube so the game actually has N64 graphics and yes it is 16MB. Google it if you don't believe me.

No, it's better than N64 graphics. Don't confuse simple design with N64 graphics.

i did google it, compressed IS 16mb, but uncompressed is 1.4gb
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zaku101
[QUOTE="-Wheels-"][QUOTE="zaku101"]

[QUOTE="legolasxbow"][QUOTE="zaku101"]I mean the visualise of it look no different than the GC version. Does anyone know the size of the GC version of the game? Well it's 16MB and they have 8GB of space to work with now and yet they can't even update the graphics? Is that just me or is Nintendo getting lazy?legolasxbow

So the game is basically still 16MB then with added dummy files that do nothing to the gameplay to add it up to 1.4GB.

legolasxbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 legolasxbow
[QUOTE="legolasxbow"][QUOTE="-Wheels-"][QUOTE="zaku101"]

[QUOTE="legolasxbow"][QUOTE="zaku101"]I mean the visualise of it look no different than the GC version. Does anyone know the size of the GC version of the game? Well it's 16MB and they have 8GB of space to work with now and yet they can't even update the graphics? Is that just me or is Nintendo getting lazy?zaku101

So the game is basically still 16MB then with added dummy files that do nothing to the gameplay to add it up to 1.4GB.

Lol, i dont really get the point of dummy files, They wouldve had a better game if they used that space
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zaku101
[QUOTE="zaku101"][QUOTE="legolasxbow"][QUOTE="-Wheels-"][QUOTE="zaku101"]

[QUOTE="legolasxbow"][QUOTE="zaku101"]I mean the visualise of it look no different than the GC version. Does anyone know the size of the GC version of the game? Well it's 16MB and they have 8GB of space to work with now and yet they can't even update the graphics? Is that just me or is Nintendo getting lazy?legolasxbow

Lol, i dont really get the point of dummy files, They wouldve had a better game if they used that space

The only real thing the Dummie files do is make the disk hard to copy. Since it's just the N64 port why not use the extra space to make it a littler harder to crack. However this was useless.

k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts

Oh yeah, no improvement. I'm not saying AC: CF looks great visually, but it's definitely clearer, slicker, and brighter. AC is not about visuals, and as long as they're bright and colorful, but not too basic, just about anything is fine. AC: CF looks fine.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
It looks a lot better than the Gamecube version. The Gamecube version is actually just an enhanced port of a Japanese N64 game called Doboutsu no Mori (Animal's Forest). It certainly isn't pushing the Wii, but give it some credit. It looks a lot better than the DS or Gamecube versions.
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts
[quote="people"]BUNCH OF JUNK ABOUT ILLEGAL DOWNLOADS OF GAMESzaku101
The only real thing the Dummie files do is make the disk hard to copy. Since it's just the N64 port why not use the extra space to make it a littler harder to crack. However this was useless.

Any chance you remember when your posts were deleted for talking about this on Wii games. Does it matter if the disk if full or not, what matters is that Animal Crossing was an excellent, and still is, game. Don't complain about your downloads having to be bigger when you're looking into illegally downloading games.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
its a shame it will feel like the DS version. Why cant the developer go ALL OUT instead of saying sorry, that isnt in the game?
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
There's a upgrade. GC version had nearly 64 graphics.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

No the visuals are good. But i'm worried about that it's the exact same thing as the DS one.

Besides the new online stuff, it looks exactly like the DS version from GS's screens.

Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts
So far the visuals are updated but still they are quite simple. It seems like they havent done much at all improve the game very much. Theres not a whole lot of new content and the city thing is too small. All they really did was move stuff from the town to the city. They need to make the atmosphere more majestic and stuff. after a while u lose intrest and it needs something to keep u playing it.
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
Considering the style, I don't really see what more they could do with the visuals. Ya, I saw some cruves that could be a bit more curvy and some jaggs that should be less jaggy but really, I don't know how much they can improve on the graphics.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#24 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Nintendo is not getting lazy! Animal Crossing looks great!
David_le248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 David_le248
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts

How is it Disappointing?
way better graphics then the gamecube one

I wonder how you control the player???

wolf360rev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#26 wolf360rev
Member since 2005 • 514 Posts
I think animal crossing looks interesting. I don't really care about graphics.
bubnux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bubnux
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts
Way clearer, crisper and in widescreen. AC:CF looks amazing!
vwgti3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 vwgti3
Member since 2004 • 118 Posts
I dont care for graphics, aslong as their alot to do,and it a big game that keeps me wanting more
Avatar image for Forever_Changes
Forever_Changes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Forever_Changes
Member since 2008 • 428 Posts
Animal Crossing was never about the graphics but it looks alright. It looks like an improvement on the DS - but not much of an improvement. I don't know if I'm going to buy it. It's essentially the same game with an inclusion of a city.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

Animal Crossing was never about the graphics but it looks alright. It looks like an improvement on the DS - but not much of an improvement. I don't know if I'm going to buy it. It's essentially the same game with an inclusion of a city. Forever_Changes

the AC DS version was my first game of AC. The game was cool at first but quickly got old. I remember everyone getting exciting about the online and how you can visit other peoples town but once getting the game I seen how painful it was just to do it. Its a pain to just set it up. After reading how the Wii version is the same setup , I wasnt a happy camper. Basically what I think is, the wii version will feel the same. The developer clearly doesnt want to go all out for this one. Just a quick buck it seems. Its been over a yr I havent touch the AC DS version, thats how boring it is when theres nothing else to do.I will not be purchasing AC. Sometimes I felt like it was the worst game Ive bought for 30 dollars ever.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#31 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
Its the artstyle its the way its supposed to look. I think its fine
AndYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#32 AndYOU
Member since 2005 • 6712 Posts
Animal Crossing is a game of content, not visuals
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts

[QUOTE="JPSmonkey111"]Actually, the color are way better, and to tell you the truth, I like the art style of Animal Crossing. I have no problem with them re-using the same graphics from the Gamecube version.Englando_IV

Do you guys remember the gamecube version? It was blocky and fairly poor even for that era. The new one seriously does look a lot better, it's not just color...

Um....I was playing the gamecube version 30 minutes ago and it wasn't blocky,even for that era.

x-batgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 x-batgirl
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
Well seen as animal crossing's graphics are meant to be stylized i see no problem with the wii graphics. There obviously is an improvement but even so animal crossings graphics look good the way they do now, they shouldnt be changed too dramatically, its a major aprt of the game.
EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
I liked the blocky design to the game because it gave it an arts and crafts kinda feel.

Even though the graphics weren't upped like I would have liked, I'm sure they'll be using all the extra space to add tons more characters and items.

Sigh... I miss this game. :cry:
spyder465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 spyder465
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts
I think it an improvement from before. I'm going to get it.