NEW 6 minute Fire Emblem: Awakening Trailer (updated)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

LOTS AND LOTS

if you are not already excited for this game you may need a mental check

it looks like this game will be on of the best Fire Emblem games yet!

not only do we have

• Branching classes again!! (FE8) By this, for those who don't know it means your unit will not automatically class itself, like in FE9/10. You will get to choose from different options after using a class-up item (Master Seal, Master Crown, Fell Contract, etc). For example, you use one of those items on your mage. The mage can become either a mage knight, or a sage. Sage gets higher stats, but a mage knight can move after attacking or healing. Lots of fun for everyone!

but we have

• Explorable map (FE8) Assuming this is like FE8, you can complete maps at certain areas and then go back to ones previously completed to buy weapons at the shops, or occasionally do that map again. Like FE8, as well, it seems we are fighting zombie characters, hence why you can do maps over again (for EXP, most likely. Hopefully that means the difficulty levels will be bumped up a lot, something that was forgotten in FE8).
  • Supports/relationships(?) (FE4) FE4 was never released outside of Japan, so let me explain. Units could be supported back then, but for a differnet reason. pairing up two characters together will lead to them having children and the fathers will affect the stats of said children. We know there is some sort of support system in Awakening because of the support battles we've seen in ever trailer relased so far. But, in the new trailer, we now see hearts over the supported units' heads. The relationship idea is just speculation, pay in mind.
  • Laguz-like character, "taguel" (FE9/10) A character urns into a bunny/lion thing to fight. See in trailer.
  • IMPORTABLE CHARACTERS?! (INNES!) (+3,000 points) Not sure if these are importable character or just pretty protraits to look at, but you can oviously see characters from older games in Awakening for SOME reason. Any ideas?
  • DLC (new)
  • My unit customization (height, voice, hair, eyes, accessories, sex) (fe12)
  • Street pass (unlockables, rare items, and also multiplayer with other players, though it is cpu-controlled) (new)
  • CG cutscenes and voice acting (fe9/10)
  • Skills (learned via level-up) (intro. in fe4, but in fe9/10 too)
  • "Support-guarding" (new-ish?) Something that seems to happen occasionally in support battles. The supporting unit will jump in front of the attacking one and take the damage. But, from when we've seen this happen, the supporting unit is strong enough to not take any damage. Possibly a connection to this factor.
  • Its also noted that in support battles, the supporting unit could have already attacked (been grayed ot) and still offer support battle bonuses. (dubbed as "bonds" on the offical japanese website)

As we can see here, some supports/bonds offer A LOT of stat bonuses.

Hearts over two units' heads. Could mean that they are able to support, or...?

video here

new website stuff here

new storyline trailer here

Gamespot needs to fix the god damn link editting already...

EDIT: forgot boys on pegasi! oh yes. it's another feature of the supports. armored knights may gain pegasi to move farther distances. (poor pegasi...) and in the end we see (krom?) on a pegasi. it's possible that this is just one of the benefits of using supports in battle, but it is pretty exciting nonetheless. also, we see a black pegasus somewhere in the trailer.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

This looks AMAZING. Never played a Fire Emblem game before. This better see a US release.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I hope this gets localized in North America.

JLF1MarkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 JLF1MarkII
Member since 2012 • 1416 Posts

Thanks for not making me regret buying a 3DS Nintendo :D

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#5 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Please oh god please let this come out in NA.
ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

The Trickster looks awesome. Is it safe to say the Taguel is a new beast?

giangks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 giangks
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I found your information very detailed list, and I wonder where to buy this product ----------------------------------------------------- cars games
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Yoweeh

I'm pretty sure the trickster is just a mistranlation of the thief? they look very similar.

And this game has been announced for Europe. It's too bad the 3DS is region locked because there as been no mention of it for NA.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I am going to be so unbelievably mad if this game doesn't come out in the US. I would seriously consider getting a European or Japanese 3DS just so I can play this, and with that sexy FE 3DS bundle, I have the motivation to do so.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

I am going to be so unbelievably mad if this game doesn't come out in the US. I would seriously consider getting a European or Japanese 3DS just so I can play this, and with that sexy FE 3DS bundle, I have the motivation to do so.

nintendofreak_2

I'd be pissed off if Nintendo don't localized the game. This would be the first FE game I played on an handheld if it comes to the states...

The 2 main characters from that video look pretty similar to Ike and Marth. Oh how I'd love for Ike to make a cameo appearance!

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Yoweeh

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]

tocool340

I'd be pissed off if Nintendo don't localized the game. This would be the first FE game I played on an handheld if it comes to the states...

The 2 main characters from that video look pretty similar to Ike and Marth. Oh how I'd love for Ike to make a cameo appearance!

Like I said (though idk if i'm clear lmao) it seems like characters from past games can be downloaded into Awakening. Innes from FE8 (sacred stones), Arya from FE4 (seisen no keifuu) and Celine from Gaiden (fe5 or fe3 idk i never played gaiden) are shown on what APPEARS TO BE (no one is sure yet) an importable characters list.

Considering FE6 and below never saw anything outside of Japan, there is a reason to delay localization. It's not a real reason, but a half-assed excuse if anyone was looking for one.

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Yoweeh

Bumping up. Another new trailer.

Since i keep making new threads, maybe I should make this the offical/unoffical Fire Emblem: Awakening thread?

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nintendofreak_2

Bumping up. Another new trailer.

Since i keep making new threads, maybe I should make this the offical/unoffical Fire Emblem: Awakening thread?

Yoweeh

Please do. You have a pretty good set up so far.

bluej33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#14 bluej33
Member since 2007 • 687 Posts
I don't have a 3DS and I'm not really interested in one but I'll buy one if this game comes to the US.
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Yoweeh

Please do. You have a pretty good set up so far.

nintendofreak_2

well i can't edit the main post because gamespot is a broken piece of crap

but

quick gameplay video (0:50) = http://youtu.be/mFbQuGP15oc

storyline video with subs = http://youtu.be/2g02vd83yqU

i am boycotting a href-ing because i don't even know how gamespot managed to break that

EDIT: From Serenes

A look-see at our Taguel lady, Velvet.

At the bottom right we see shots of the Lethality skill (assassin's skill for anyone familar with it) and to the bottom right a... chocobo? Full image : http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/220312C.jpg

Anna, looking very updated and adorable as always.

FE13 cleaning clothes = serenesforest.net/fe13/img/cloth.jpg

New FE13 Nintendo Point Cards = serenesforest.net/fe13/img/site/card2.jpg, serenesforest.net/fe13/img/site/card1.jpg

More from SF = serenesforest.net/fe13/media.html

In addition to Master Proofs, which promote a basic tier c1ass to an upper tier c1ass there are Change Proofs which allow characters to switch to another basic c1ass (there are limited options set for each character). Units can also use Change Proofs to switch between the corresponding upper tier c1asss once they've promoted.

^ Translation of a page. Also, we learn that Pegasus Knights (more screaming from me) can be promoted to Dark Pegasus Knights and can use magic offensivey. Now archers can have something to be afraid of with our previously "fragile" c1ass Booyah!

Nothing on US release yet.

Also, considering he got a 108 dmagae (critical) we can also assume that Krom is another Ike, but probably more overpowered.

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nintendofreak_2

Perhaps the Chocobo looking thing is the male Pegasus. It kind of looks like the generic Gryffin you see in a lot of RPGs.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#17 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
We didn't get the last game. I really hope we get this one
foxfacer2d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 foxfacer2d2
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

their legs creeps me out.

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Yoweeh

their legs creeps me out.

foxfacer2d2

wat

anyway though more trailers and sctuff here = http://youtu.be/VY2dfl4Axy0

we get introduced to krom, liz, fredrick, and others. we also finally see a level-up that's not perfect. we see some different weapons, particularly axes (which doesn't really look like an axe... but whateves). also edgeworth-archer has a very girly voice. i believe it was said he is male but that graon was really girly. like. woman-y moan-y. hopefully it's a woman so that there wont be a flood of creepy fanfiction BUT ANYWAY theres a cute wyvern riding girl and i'm not very professional about this. but we see a preview of the great knight, a calls for calvailers to branch into that has high defense. instead we see an armored general getting an amored horse (interesting! but poor horse). though, we will see how things play out once the translation start happening.

and 3:30 we see A LOT of stuff going on for branching classes. it seems like you can change classes when you feel like it (think shadow dragon and the useless feature it had similar to this) and class change/branch into a different type of unit according to the one you currently had set. ex. if you changed an archer into a pegasus knight it can now class change into a seraph knight or wyvern lord instead of sniper/hunter. (or so it seems; its a little confusing)

skills are learned upon level up. also you can add skills by other means? (unclear) KAITSU ZO!

its still unclear if sprites/protraits change with class change (hint: they probably don't but) pot-head kid will hopefully gets some updates because he seems like the trainee-soon-awesome type of unit but he has a pot on his head.

PS this game is coming out next month in japan! can't wait for reviews!

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Yoweeh

Beating a dead horse but idgf because MARRIAGES

We get more than supports this time around! Similar to FE4, characters can get married (even the My Unit). There are special screens/scenes for the married units and they will get stat bonuses when near each other. Apparently there are a lot of possiblities for the marriage combinations. Still is unclear if we will be getting actual support conversations back. Also not sure if homosexual characters will fly so easily like in the past (HEATHER, Raven & Lucius, that one characterwhoicantremember hurrdurr). Hint: nope

IS needs to stop being a tease UGH when will this game be announced for NA

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
Yeah I just read the marriage system stuff, using it again no? It was in FE4. Anyway, here is the Link is you want it.
Just3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Just3D
Member since 2012 • 41 Posts

It looks awesome.