need for speed a complete joke, grid = AMAZING

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SoulReaperSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 SoulReaperSam
Member since 2009 • 62 Posts
is it me or has every need for speed game to come to the ds has just been a let down, compared to grid, which is just plain fast paced and stupid cool! need for speed just seems too slow and heavy, a total let down
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Never played Grid.

Never played Need for Speed (for DS).

tekky14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tekky14
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts

^way to contribute to the discusion^

Yeah, I heard that the NFS games sucked on DS, but GRID was awesome. Theres also trackmania DS hich looks very promising (I haven't tried it yet.)

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

Of course NFS is kinda bad in the DS.

The main entry of the series are the cars appearance customization, with the DS limited space they will have to give up on that, or the graphics or the framerate... so try to guess what they picked?

And anyway NFS, as a racing game is way overrated, the only point of the game is just customizing the car, but for what? Not that your car will be better to drive if it has flames or blue painting, besides the game its not very fun at all. Mario kart as a racing game is waaaay better and grid for a DS racing game is better too.

Maybe it just me, but with NFS mechanics and specially lack of fun (you just drive through the streets, if you crash your car crash... oh... great... -.-)... its better to drive a real car...

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts
anyone got fc for grid? im rdy to race
-_Cloud_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -_Cloud_-
Member since 2005 • 1851 Posts
I have the game GRID, but I have never played any of the need for speed games (they tend to fail every time). But you're right, GRID is by far one of the best realistic racers on the DS.
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
For someone who actually Played NFS games on DS, but not GRiD (yet) I can say the only one that picked my interest was Underground 2 because of it's gradual learning curve. The most fun racing game I've played was Ford Racing, while the best so far (to me) is Juiced 2 - Hot Import Nights. Didn't like Race Car - Create and Drive at all.
Gatcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#9 Gatcho
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts

i have played both ... and maybe this is just me. but i don't consider any one of them a good game ... and wouldn't go as far as calling any one of 'em "amazing". they're okay at best in my books. the DS isn't really a good console to play racing games IMO

SoulReaperSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SoulReaperSam
Member since 2009 • 62 Posts

i have played both ... and maybe this is just me. but i don't consider any one of them a good game ... and wouldn't go as far as calling any one of 'em "amazing". they're okay at best in my books. the DS isn't really a good console to play racing games IMO

Gatcho
hmmmm, yeah your right, racing isnt the best suit for the ds, but still good attempt
Tubenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 Tubenz
Member since 2008 • 184 Posts

^way to contribute to the discusion^

Yeah, I heard that the NFS games sucked on DS, but GRID was awesome. Theres also trackmania DS hich looks very promising (I haven't tried it yet.)

tekky14

Trackmania is very good, one of the best or maybe even the best racer on DS.
Haven't played any NFS games on the DS. Grid was alright.