Nasty Game Breaking Glitch in Pokemon XY!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/16/look-out-for-this-pokemon-x-and-y-game-breaking-bug

http://www.gamesradar.com/pokemon-x-and-y-save-glitch-reportedly-freezing-games/

These are just some of the many recent articles stating that there's a nasty glitch found in the latest Pokemon games. Apparently saving in Lumiose City's outdoors will cause the game to freeze when you start it up again. The only confirmed way to get around it is by hard resetting your file. Some people on Reddit claim that removing your SD card before starting the game fixes the problem. The glitch does not affect all players, but it's best to be cautious. Apparently a Nintendo representative said they're looking for a solution. For the meantime, PLEASE SAVE YOUR GAME INDOORS!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Good thing I found this out now. I've been doing some post-game stuff in Lumiose City for a few hours now. I don't know what I would have done if I woke up tomorrow and find out that I will need to lose 50 hours of gameplay.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

you scared me, i just turned off my 3DS after saving on lumiose city... inside lysandre cafe though. pretty sure i've saved outdoors a few times though

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

I never did like that city... =P

It seems that it happens if you save outside and shut off the game and try to reload it later. I'll probably just run into the Pokemon Center and save next time i'm there.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I've already done that before without anything happening lol.

Hopefully that SD card fix works.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#5  Edited By pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Wow, that's pretty bad.

How far into the game is that city? Hopefully, for the people whose games glitched, not too far.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

@Pierst179 said:

Wow, that's pretty bad.

How far into the game is that city? Hopefully, for the people whose games glitched, not too far.

A few hours into the game, but it's the region's main hub so you always return to it no matter how far you are in the game, which makes this glitch even scarier.

I've saved in Lumiose's outdoors plenty of times and continued playing, but I have the habit of saving and quitting in Pokemon Centers, therefore I'm not sure if the glitch is present in my copy. I'm too terrified to try it. :P

Hopefully they'll release a patch like they did for Skyward Sword.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#7 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

So I'll just need to remember not to save and quit in Lumiose city. *forces himself to remember that.*

This glitch is potentially catostrophic. Imagine if you transfer over all your old Pokemon and your save gets deleted...

Damn, that's a scary thought.

Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts

Thanks for the warning, I'll be sure to avoid that. Lucky we live in an age were they can hopefully update the game.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

From what I have heard this glitch is affecting the European and Japanese versions of the game but not the American version. Not sure if that is true though.