my zelda wii theory

This topic is locked from further discussion.

micahismyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 micahismyname
Member since 2007 • 427 Posts

i don't know if other people have this theory too, but this is what i came up with.

from the artwork it can be assumed that this is a direct sequal to twilight princess. it would also appear that link is quite old and he has no sword.

maybe he's old because it takes place many years after twilight princess and maybe he's swordless because he is not actually the protaganist!

I think this game may actually be aboutColin, theyoung boy who exibits link-like qualities throughout tp and can even be seen with a sword and shield at the end of the game. Link is old because Colin is now old enough to take his place. Link is swordless because he passed on the sword to colin.

There have been many links, why not two in the same lifetime?

omgadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 omgadam
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts

not gonna say that thats wrong, cause who really knows, but...I think its been pretty well established that that girl standing back to back with link in some way or another "is" the master sword.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

colins a noob, he cant fill links shoes

micahismyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 micahismyname

I think its been pretty well established that that girl standing back to back with link in some way or another "is" the master sword.

omgadam
never thought of it that way. she also looks like a zora though.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
What if the "Link" in the art actually IS Collin?! Which I highly doubt. They both have blonde hair after all!
LOZ_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 LOZ_Link
Member since 2004 • 1693 Posts

shoryuken_

so true...

micahismyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 micahismyname
[QUOTE="LOZ_Link"]

[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

so true...

the kid jumped into the path of an oncoming troll riding a hog!!
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
the game wouldnt sell if the main character wasnt link. itd be a HUGE mistake
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Who was Colin again? Was he the one you stared several charging boars(?) in the face? Or was he the one the bad guys captured and ran off with?
the game wouldnt sell if the main character wasnt link. itd be a HUGE mistakestarwarsjunky
How so? It's not like his name is in the title. :?
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Its not a direct sequel Miyamoto already said that its an entirely different time from TP, so Colin or anyone from that game won't be in. The general thought pattern is that the girl is the Master Sword and the game takes place before the Hero of Time.
KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

Its not a direct sequel Miyamoto already said that its an entirely different time from TP, so Colin or anyone from that game won't be in. The general thought pattern is that the girl is the Master Sword and the game takes place before the Hero of Time.Sepewrath

Yeah, so your theory is pretty much not applicable.

I'm sure he'll have a sword.

Your Wii-remote will be the sword, is what I'm guessing.

Avatar image for 228623477423185005978085524869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 228623477423185005978085524869
Member since 2009 • 604 Posts

man, talk about som heavy poetic license! but either way, since so little is confirmed on that game, no one can totally discard what you have theorized here.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sepewrath

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Its not a direct sequel Miyamoto already said that its an entirely different time from TP, so Colin or anyone from that game won't be in. The general thought pattern is that the girl is the Master Sword and the game takes place before the Hero of Time.KurodaMurasaki

Yeah, so your theory is pretty much not applicable.

I'm sure he'll have a sword.

Your Wii-remote will be the sword, is what I'm guessing.

Definitely the girl will be the master sword but it does not mean there wont be a sword in the game. People were being ridiculous when they were whining about that.
drphizzle0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 drphizzle0
Member since 2004 • 338 Posts

I just want this game to be hard. The pathetic difficulty level that the Zelda games have been is extremely annoying. I hate that stupid rinse and repeat three-hit combination that every boss has. It's TOO easy. I want a Zelda game that actually requires a skill set more than a time table.

BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

well i think that it will be a sandbox game and link will get guns and be able to hijack horses and kill random people

see i can play pretent too!

seriously man all they have shown is 1 artwork not even a screen shot an artwork

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sepewrath

I just want this game to be hard. The pathetic difficulty level that the Zelda games have been is extremely annoying. I hate that stupid rinse and repeat three-hit combination that every boss has. It's TOO easy. I want a Zelda game that actually requires a skill set more than a time table.

drphizzle0
Its a video game, they all do that. since you have to use an input device to play the game and a person's reflexes to a device and then the device interaction turning into action on the screen is only so fast, there has to be some sort of pattern recognition to even the playing field. The only way to increase difficulty is no not adding cheap deaths, its to increase the difficulty of the puzzle aspect. And when I say that I mean the actual puzzles and the bosses, instead of getting the weapon in the dungeon to beat the boss, like say use the fairy bow you got from dungeons ago to shoot down an explosive barrel behind the boss on a seesaw device, use the megaton hammer you got in the dungeon to smack the seesaw knocking the barrel into the back of the boss, then use the double hookshot you got at the beginning of the game to hook up to the ceiling and then down into the boss to work over with your sword. It wouldn't be exactly easy to figure that all out while trying to defend yourself but there would still have to be a pattern because how would you beat a boss if say it never moves in a spot where you could hit it.? Thats how you increase difficulty without just resorting to cheap one hit kills or even needing advanced AI, or removing the patterns and making a potentially unbeatable boss.
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

man, talk about som heavy poetic license! but either way, since so little is confirmed on that game, no one can totally discard what you have theorized here.

dan_the_menace

Everytime you post a commentI picture that you're the guy in your avatar. Which is pretty lame, can you imagine that guy behind a computer posting all of these comments. It's wierd. Thought I'd share, no offence or anything.

I guess I better make this post worth while and less spammish...

Um, yeah... Assuming that Link will be in the next game is rationally unjustified, why do you assume Link is in the next game? Because he was in previous games, thus assuming the future will resemble the past. Although, this is unjustified because you don't know if the future will resemble the past.

For example, a chicken is fed every morning for his whole life, is he justified in believing that he will be fed tomorrow morning? Next thing you know, the next morning the farmer, instead of feeding him, kills the chicken for some roast. Thus this is why assuming the future will resemble the past is unjustified.

You could use probability to justify your claim, but probability too, requires the knowledge that the future will resemble the past, thus using probability is rationally unjustified.

Therefore.. I don't where I'm going with this.... Um.. All theories are equally right as ther theories? Therefore, stating Colin will be in the next game is just as right as stating Link will be in the next game.

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

Maybe it simply is that you play as a Older Adult Link instead of that Teenager Link, and that possibly the Master Sword instead of being put in its usual place is turned into a living being to better hide it from evil.

Possibly has something to do with gameplay elements? What will this game offer (other than 1:1 motion, really don't care about that) that the other Zelda games don't? And one slight difference (like the differences between all the Zelda games) don't count!

I want to see more of this game, I need a reason to be excited about it, and I need to know why it is something I want to play.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 228623477423185005978085524869

[QUOTE="dan_the_menace"]

trugs26

Everytime you post a commentI picture that you're the guy in your avatar. Which is pretty lame, can you imagine that guy behind a computer posting all of these comments. It's wierd. Thought I'd share, no offence or anything.

I guess I better make this post worth while and less spammish...

Um, yeah... Assuming that Link will be in the next game is rationally unjustified, why do you assume Link is in the next game? Because he was in previous games, thus assuming the future will resemble the past. Although, this is unjustified because you don't know if the future will resemble the past.

For example, a chicken is fed every morning for his whole life, is he justified in believing that he will be fed tomorrow morning? Next thing you know, the next morning the farmer, instead of feeding him, kills the chicken for some roast. Thus this is why assuming the future will resemble the past is unjustified.

You could use probability to justify your claim, but probability too, requires the knowledge that the future will resemble the past, thus using probability is rationally unjustified.

Therefore.. I don't where I'm going with this.... Um.. All theories are equally right as ther theories? Therefore, stating Colin will be in the next game is just as right as stating Link will be in the next game.

unfortunately, i don't have a pink ray-ban, and actually i look a million times fancier than the guy in my avatar. lol

and i see all the deep and unquestionable truth behind you nobel winning theory, but, for example: when i think about a new mario game, i rely strongly on the past to know that mario will undoubtely be in that game. i just think the same goes for link and the zelda franchise. i mean, what are the chances that my head won't explode when i click on the "Submit" button, just because that never happened before?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 228623477423185005978085524869

see? still here! lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#21 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
Its not a direct sequel Miyamoto already said that its an entirely different time from TP, so Colin or anyone from that game won't be in. The general thought pattern is that the girl is the Master Sword and the game takes place before the Hero of Time.Sepewrath
How can it take place before OOT when TP took place after OOT, and it is the same Link from TP?

not gonna say that thats wrong, cause who really knows, but...I think its been pretty well established that that girl standing back to back with link in some way or another "is" the master sword.

omgadam
And just who 'established' this thought?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 228623477423185005978085524869

my zelda wii theory: this game will be so awesome in all fronts that i'll probably shed tears of joy when firing it up for the first time.

Dycras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dycras
Member since 2009 • 1226 Posts

[QUOTE="omgadam"]

I think its been pretty well established that that girl standing back to back with link in some way or another "is" the master sword.

micahismyname

never thought of it that way. she also looks like a zora though.

she looks more like the great fairy from wind waker

Dycras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dycras
Member since 2009 • 1226 Posts

my zelda wii theory: this game will be so awesome in all fronts that i'll probably shed tears of joy when firing it up for the first time.

dan_the_menace

you mean just like what we all thought twilight princess would be after it was delayed like 3 times -___-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 228623477423185005978085524869

[QUOTE="dan_the_menace"]

Dycras

you mean just like what we all thought twilight princess would be after it was delayed like 3 times -___-

EXACTLY!

oh, wait... :(

but still... twilight princess was amazing.

reinchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 reinchester
Member since 2004 • 363 Posts

everyone knows colin is link's bastard child along with the baby at the end of tp..

boba707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 boba707
Member since 2007 • 1021 Posts

not sure how it could be b4 OoT since how could adult link be b4 young link he would have had to have pulled the sword, put it back, and pull it again?

MFmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#28 MFmotion
Member since 2008 • 176 Posts

WTF? I prefer a style type game like Majora's Mask.... with Midna...

Colin the new hero; that's ridiculous...

_.-_

sremick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sremick
Member since 2009 • 42 Posts

I don't even think of Zelda games as all fitting some arbitrary "timeline". They don't need to.

Each stands alone and is its own magical story and setting, just sometimes with some same/similar characters. Like different dreams from night to night. They don't have to be connected. Just enjoy each for what it is.

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

I don't even think of Zelda games as all fitting some arbitrary "timeline". They don't need to.

Each stands alone and is its own magical story and setting, just sometimes with some same/similar characters. Like different dreams from night to night. They don't have to be connected. Just enjoy each for what it is.

sremick

There we go.

Miyamato knows that people go insane trying to figure this stuff out, so he adds little continuity details for fan-service.

Redbonk95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Redbonk95

Go to gamefaq's forums on zelda wii. In the first topic, they have a list of trustworthy sources that talk about Zelda Wii.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

The Legend of Zelda Wii 2 null

I doubt it. Link wouldn't be in the artwork if he wasnt the protag. and colin would be.

I dont think the missing sword really means anything major

Edit: well with the theory that the girl is the master sword, the story could be set with Ganon appearing for the first time and the need to create the master sword

(correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that diamond on the girl also on the Master sword.. and her cloak also resembles the "wings" on the hilt)

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if things get turned upside down this time around. (and no, I don't mean by playing as Colin. He even told Link in TP that he didn't want to sword fight at all.)

The sword was around in OoT (the first time Ganondorf appeared), and it wasn't in Minish Cap (suspected 1st entry). Maybe there will be a new villian?

Either way, I'm betting my money on this story will tell how the MS came to be.

-Goldensilver-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -Goldensilver-

The Legend of Zelda Wii 2 null

I doubt it. Link wouldn't be in the artwork if he wasnt the protag. and colin would be.

I dont think the missing sword really means anything major

Edit: well with the theory that the girl is the master sword, the story could be set with Ganon appearing for the first time and the need to create the master sword

(correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that diamond on the girl also on the Master sword.. and her cloak also resembles the "wings" on the hilt)

Sword-Demon

I have heard the suggestion that the girl obviously has some connection to the Master Sword because of Link's lack of sword, however, I hadn't analyzed the picture since hearing that suggestion. I really like what you said about the diamond and her cloak resembling the "wings" on the hilt. The more I look at the picture. the more I agree with your comment. Not only is the diamond very similar, but her cloak is definitely not a coincidence. Not only is the color just right, but the shape of the cloak is no mere coincidence. I was somewhat skeptical about this theory at first, but after reading what you wrote, I am definitely a believer. Very nice find!

gohan2314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gohan2314
Member since 2009 • 514 Posts
What if the "Link" in the art actually IS Collin?! Which I highly doubt. They both have blonde hair after all!enterawesome
Link's actualy hair color is Brown and you can see its brown in TP...
zackmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zackmon
Member since 2009 • 64 Posts

they can't kill link!!!

Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#37 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

Maybe it simply is that you play as a Older Adult Link instead of that Teenager Link, and that possibly the Master Sword instead of being put in its usual place is turned into a living being to better hide it from evil.

Possibly has something to do with gameplay elements? What will this game offer (other than 1:1 motion, really don't care about that) that the other Zelda games don't? And one slight difference (like the differences between all the Zelda games) don't count!

I want to see more of this game, I need a reason to be excited about it, and I need to know why it is something I want to play.

snover2009

I thought that evil couldn't go near the Master Sword. If so, why would it need to be protected from evil?

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Not a bad theory...

I always pictured Colin as a girl though. Lmao.

Edit: Type-o.