My Wii was stolen last week!! Will I ever get it back??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Mulishatroop250
Mulishatroop250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mulishatroop250
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
My house was burglarized last week and along with my digital cameras, backpack, and pillow case, the low lifes took my Wii! They took about 10 of my gamecube games but missed the pile of Wii Games... Anyways.. I had the thought that nintendo might be able to track the IP address of my Wii using the serial # from the box. If the wii is ever logged onto the net again would nintendo be able to track it?? I wish i knew my friend code so i could send the console a message. Well if anyone could answer my questions I would appreciate it.
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

Wouldn't have a clue about the tracking thing, but it's worth a shot to ring Nintendo. Sorry to hear it though, I got my Wii stolen a few weeks after launch and I know how it feels.

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
dude that sucks...i hope you get your stuff back especially your wii
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts
ya if they are smart they will sell it and not use it. or alleast not connect to the internet.
uzevx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 uzevx
Member since 2006 • 476 Posts

That Sucks...

I think you should try calling Nintendo and see if they can help :)

tpkfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 tpkfreak
Member since 2006 • 980 Posts

I feel sorry for you.

I hope you get the stuf back and kick that burgulars arse

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Best of luck to you. I have no idea if they can track it or not; call nintendo. I hope you get your stuff back.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#8 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Damn. Where do you people live so I never move there? Sounds like burglary is so common among this forum.
_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _Cab0ose87_
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts
i wonder why they decided they needed your pillow case too...
effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 effthat
Member since 2007 • 2314 Posts
too hold all the loot
yucky_straw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 yucky_straw
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts

They'll probably try to sell it to a store. If so then some unsuspecting customer will end up w/ it.

Why did they take your pillow case?

uzevx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 uzevx
Member since 2006 • 476 Posts

They'll probably try to sell it to a store. If so then some unsuspecting customer will end up w/ it.

yucky_straw

probably to carry all the stolen stuff...

Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Kuhu
Member since 2004 • 2845 Posts
[QUOTE="yucky_straw"]

uzevx

probably to carry all the stolen stuff...

Or maybe they lost their own pillow case?

pro_gamer12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 pro_gamer12345
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts

Wow... sorry to hear that... that must really suck.

But hey it's worth a shot to call Nintendo.

whitefirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 whitefirex
Member since 2006 • 839 Posts
well that sucks big time, well I wish you the best of luck on getting it back..
iamsammy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 iamsammy71
Member since 2007 • 327 Posts

I'm really sorry about your Wii.
Nintendo has a great customer support, they should be able to try to help you the best they can.

pinkycentz4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pinkycentz4
Member since 2005 • 43 Posts
I work at gamestop and we get alot of people trading alot of stolen stuff. I would say go over there and ask if anyone traded in a wii recently. Or you can also try the pawn shop nearest you. they will most likely sell your wii as soon as they can though not sure if you can really track it tho. hope everythhing works out for you
mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 mrjam0
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

ya if they are smart they will sell it and not use it. or alleast not connect to the internet.XxAK47xX

dont listen to this guy. truely sorry for ur loss though. and best of luck getting a new one

swn13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 swn13
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts
you ever see the movie punisher yah go out there and find them (with guns), lol jk but that sucks does your insurance cover that or does the wiis warrenty
swn13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 swn13
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts
you ever see the movie punisher yah go out there and find them (with guns), lol jk but that sucks does your insurance cover that or does the wiis warrenty
kazekage1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kazekage1234
Member since 2007 • 1351 Posts
Sorry to here that:?
kkiirraa99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 kkiirraa99
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts
gosh that sucks it wouldn't hurt to atleast call nintendo
Avatar image for Mulishatroop250
Mulishatroop250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mulishatroop250
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Thanks guys.. Yeah i'm assuming they took the pillow case to haul off the stuff they stole... I live in Chico, California.. college town... When everybody goes home for winter break the rate of burglaries increses 10 fold. There were 130 reported breakins in my neighborhood in january so far!! I'm gonna head over to gamestop and see if they have any records of the serial # being used. I have renters insurance which could recover the lost goods.. the problem is that they charge a $250 deductible to claim the loss. So i still would have to pay to get it back, and ontop of that the claim stays on your credit rating for 3 years. My advice.. hide your stuff where burglars cant find it.. I was the last person to ever expect to have my house burglarized!
william83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 william83
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I had my Wii stolen when I flew to my grandparents. I checked my bag at the counter and never saw it again. But here is the point, I looked at my Nintendo home page and someone was downloading VC games on my stolen Wii. I called Nintendo and the best they could do was transfer my VC games to my new Wii. They have no system for tracking Wiis when the get stolen.
XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Member since 2007 • 2399 Posts
I feel sorry for you Hope you get your wii back
Raiden_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Raiden_69
Member since 2007 • 288 Posts

My house was burglarized last week and along with my digital cameras, backpack, and pillow case, the low lifes took my Wii! They took about 10 of my gamecube games but missed the pile of Wii Games... Anyways.. I had the thought that nintendo might be able to track the IP address of my Wii using the serial # from the box. If the wii is ever logged onto the net again would nintendo be able to track it?? I wish i knew my friend code so i could send the console a message. Well if anyone could answer my questions I would appreciate it. Mulishatroop250

they stole ur pillowcase??

odd...

anwho id ring nintendo and try and get ur stuff back

Trystero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Trystero
Member since 2003 • 769 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I think it's a goner, sorry to say. I had a bunch of my stuff stolen in a burglary about a year ago myself. XBox, Playstation 2, and most of the games for those and my Game Cube. The Cube was buried in a closet, so they didn't get that. Mostly I was pissed about the games, as I had some rarities among my collections. I'd advise investing in good carrying cases and, most importantly, hiding them when you are out and no one else is home, or better yet taking them with you. That's what I do now. I replaced the PS2 with a PS3, and I got a Wii a while back. I never leave them home alone, and the games I keep well hidden. Oh, they can be found, but a rushed burglar is unlikely to take the time to unearth them, so to speak.

Oh, and yeah, they swipe pillow cases, luggage, shopping bags and the like to carry away their ill-gotten booty. And then there's the fact that they wreck your place. Looked like a hurricane swept through things. Scum.
cheesenuggets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cheesenuggets
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts
i dont think burgalars like to give things back
knightsofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 knightsofwar
Member since 2006 • 956 Posts
I'm sorry. I hope everything works out.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

No, you wont ever get it back from anything Nintendo can do.

If Nintendo was able to track the Wii like that crazy paranoid sites would stir up crazy paranoid people and you'd have Nintendo thought of as the console "Big Brother"

So even if they had the ability they couldn't use it.

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

omg... sorry dude.... i`m 27 yo and i would be crying like a baby.. so so sorry..

try calling nintendo.. maybe that tracking stuff is true... :?

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

Society doesn't care enough about fighting this kind of crime, you'll never get your Wii back. Nintendo could easily have something in place so that when a stolen Wii updates, it gets an update that renders it inoperable.

The_Sn1p3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The_Sn1p3r
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts

the police is a long shot, cause some neighborhood kids broke all 4 of my car's windows, and called the police and said they cant do anything since all they did was throw rocks, :evil:, all i can say is next time buy a vii, and hide the wii, it can fool anyone who dont know about consoles. sorry dude.

Thunderball37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Thunderball37
Member since 2007 • 1033 Posts

Sorry to hear that. I think it's a goner, sorry to say. I had a bunch of my stuff stolen in a burglary about a year ago myself. XBox, Playstation 2, and most of the games for those and my Game Cube. The Cube was buried in a closet, so they didn't get that. Mostly I was pissed about the games, as I had some rarities among my collections. I'd advise investing in good carrying cases and, most importantly, hiding them when you are out and no one else is home, or better yet taking them with you. That's what I do now. I replaced the PS2 with a PS3, and I got a Wii a while back. I never leave them home alone, and the games I keep well hidden. Oh, they can be found, but a rushed burglar is unlikely to take the time to unearth them, so to speak.

Oh, and yeah, they swipe pillow cases, luggage, shopping bags and the like to carry away their ill-gotten booty. And then there's the fact that they wreck your place. Looked like a hurricane swept through things. Scum.Trystero

Im sorry to hear that hope this post helps you with your hopes on getting it back ;)

Hutch_182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Hutch_182
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts
How do you call Nintendo, anyways?....Hello Nintendo?...1-800-Nintendo lol
cladinthorns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cladinthorns
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

Don't listen to anyoe like this they are't helping with your hopes. I bet you'll get it back nintendo will send you a new one probably if you still have your warranty on if not they'll try their best to help you.

Im sorry to hear that hope this post helps you with your hopes on getting it back ;)

What the hell? You guys telling someone to call Nintendo to help recover a stolen Wii are the ones that are not helping.

There is nothing Nintendo can do.. nothing. As someone stated in a earlier reply, if they had the means to do a tracking of the #'s that would put alot of suspicion on them, people will be up in arms about how they are being watched/tracked etc etc..

Golly Mr. Nintendo, someone stole my Wii.. Will you replace it? Go ahead and call.. but be prepared to be laughed at.. well maybe after you hang up...

It's like this, your items got stolen, and thats that.. unless the police finds your stash b4 its gets sold, you are **** out of luck... I feel for ya tho..

GARLICBBQSAUCE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GARLICBBQSAUCE
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts

About the friend code:

You can try going to old msn chat logs if you keep them. You can also look on these forums if there was a post where you gave out your code. Hope everything works out!

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts
Chances are you won't get your Wii back. My house was burglurized when I was a teenager. They came in through the front door in the middle of the night and My mom and I were home sleeping. They took our TV, DVD Played, microwave, and my moms purse. We never heard a thing.
2zneptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 2zneptor
Member since 2007 • 85 Posts
you did say it was stolen, why would you think a thief will give it back?
fmacraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fmacraze
Member since 2007 • 5658 Posts

you did say it was stolen, why would you think a thief will give it back?2zneptor

lol... good point...

onesimos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 onesimos
Member since 2005 • 320 Posts

I am very sorry that this has happened to you. You have my condolences, but Nintendo is not responsible for your stolen Wii console. The only way to get it back is try to help the authorities track the burgular(s) who stole it and other belongings.

Do you live in a crime-ridden area? I am fortunate that I do not.

Thunderball37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Thunderball37
Member since 2007 • 1033 Posts

If the theif is really stupid he'll never sell it and probably claim it as his own but if he's smart he'll sell it to make a quick buck like that one guy stated me earlier, If they do that theres no chance of getting it back and well I kind missed that part (not trying to be mean) but you probably will never get it back if that happens.:(

I still give you hopes you can possibly get it back.:)

acsguitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#44 acsguitar
Member since 2005 • 1840 Posts

That sucks dude. They say theives come from areas really close to your home.

Here is a plan. buy a new. Keep the box outside along with a bag painted with one of thoe big $ signs. Oh and put an HDTV box on the corner.

Leave your doors unlocked, buy a rifle, wait... wait.. wait... when the theives appear pump them full of lead

ninjavelmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ninjavelmor
Member since 2004 • 1053 Posts
not sure if anyone has said this yet, but check your local eb games and gamestops, when they take in used systems, they have to do a pawn slip for them, which incules the serial # of the system, and all the info of that persons ID. they have to hold the system for at least ten days, so you might want to check and see if any eb games or gamestops have had wii's traded in recently