My Walmart hasn't sold one 3DS nor did the target have any sort of line

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Metal_Meatwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Metal_Meatwad
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts
I was waiting at Gamestop where there was no lines. I reserved it there. Walmarrt is right next door so I went into to electronics. Just one guy there and he said he didn't sell a single one yet. I am in Walmart currently. A little before Target opened (first place I went at 7:55, across the street frim Walmart and Gamestop)I went in their shopping center, no line. Now I'm just waiting for Gamestop to open. I live in a populated city btw, Tampa, FL. This is super surprising.... I now kinda regret putting $50 down at Gamestop.
LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

It's still very early. As nice as a 3DS is, sleep > 3DS. Glad to know you're not in a ghost town.

Have fun.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I just dropped my gf off to work at Target. To waste alittle time I drove by gamestop. There were 0 people there waiting. Went into walmart they had plenty of 3ds systems there. I went back to target and the store was still dead at 8:15 (they open at 8. I went to get my 3ds they had serveral systems in the case and when I asked for one they had a box of them behind the counter. Then I realized my GF has her discount card in her purse and its in her work locker. I had to put back my 3ds and wait till get gets off work at 12:30. Oh well, looks there there wont be a problem getting a 3ds though. Nobody seems to really care yet.
THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

I've seen no lines for the 3DS myself. I think it's a mixture of customer confusion/misinformation (3DS looks an awful lot like a DS) and lack of advertising (in stores, on TV, etc.) on Nintendo's part. I'm not saying the 3DS will not sell well, because obviously the amount of pre-orders are insane, but it's been really, really tame compared even to recent software launches.

Noj_Leakim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Noj_Leakim
Member since 2004 • 459 Posts

I dont think the Wii had any crazy lineups when it was first launched either, it was the hype following launch, and the increased media attention that brought the Wii into the public conciious, and Im sure it will be the same way for the 3DS. Plus a majority of the systems were preordered, so If I was guaranteed to get a system, and I didnt absolutley have to wake up at 8 I would sleep in too

Kurezan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Kurezan
Member since 2008 • 1850 Posts

I'm on the fence about buying a 3DS at the moment, and from the people I've spoken to, a lot of people are the same way.

MATheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MATheKing
Member since 2010 • 225 Posts

I'm on the fence about buying a 3DS at the moment, and from the people I've spoken to, a lot of people are the same way.

Kurezan
Don't be silly man, I have it and all I can say is it's incredible!
NerdyDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NerdyDonut
Member since 2010 • 197 Posts

Kurezan

If you can afford to you might as well buy one now whilst there are plenty in stock. I can't see the 3DS having a crazy selling period until Christmas, this is when I think they will fly off the shelves.

knob1701

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 knob1701
Member since 2007 • 410 Posts

Just got home from Target. They had about 20 of them behind the glass. I was not going to get one for awhile but got the fever and pulled the trigger along with RR.

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

Yea sleep is better lol. I just woke up and its 11:44am ET...ill shower and run down to gamestop, hopefully no annoying line.

THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

Yea sleep is better lol. I just woke up and its 11:44am ET...ill shower and run down to gamestop, hopefully no annoying line.

SRTtoZ

You shouldn't have to worry, most stores seem to be well-stocked like others have said. This has been a rather underwhelming launch! I was expecting them to fly off store shelves after hearing about the pre-order numbers.

dalscowboys22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dalscowboys22
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts

there was about 12 people in line for the opening, though i live in a place not so big

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

wait 3 days then it will explode in sales

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#14 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

oh trust me they probably sold now lol i had 1 of the only 3 units in the store near me

handhelds are really not that hard to stock ,

i had no problem getting a ds but look how much they sold

and ya different areas -different results , plus im quite sure they will be sold by the end of the day most people preordered theirs thats why you didnt see a line , they might have counted only online preorders - seams thats what they counted cause that was preordered on amazon alot as well as walmart online was sold out so ya those sales numbers the 1.3 million per us and europe were placed online

SnowyPaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SnowyPaws
Member since 2011 • 232 Posts

I think part of the reason stores like target and walmart have so many in stock is due to the fact that most people pre-ordered one online and had it shipped to them directly for fear of not being able to get one otherwise.

Lets just hope that the ones you have seen on the shelves and in a box behind the counter arent all preorder pick up at sore ones and the employees are being dumb and selling a 3ds that someone who has already bought and paid for online and arranged to pick up at a certain store to any smoo that walks in and wants to buy one then and there.

Mine was bought off Amazon as an early B-day gift for me.. Though I really pray that all these so called issues like the black screen of death dont happen to me or im gonna be upset cause I can think of a zillion other gifts I woulda like to have for the same amount of money but i wanted a 3ds most of all hense why i asked for one and got one.

toastisgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 toastisgood
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts

Nintendo has probably learned from the shortages with the Wii.It's too bad there aren't any good launch games :/

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I didn't see any lines either. It was pretty chill.

Puzzler_Aaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Puzzler_Aaron
Member since 2011 • 32 Posts
Here's the deal. 3D hurts people's eyes, mine included. They think 3D is a gimmick and will bomb like Virtual Boy. A lot of people I have talked to are doing one of two things. A - They know good games are coming, but that's a little bit later this year. So they're waiting to see how those turn out. B - They are waiting for a 3DS Lite. The 3D viewing angle absolutely sucks, face it. I'm in love with the 3D, but that is the only problem. 3DS Lite will probably fix it. I'm buying it as soon as I have the money. By then Zelda should be close to being out too, early June, around then. But I don't think that it won't sell... I just think itll take a while before it escalates. Also, it's not a holiday season. Usually new systems come out on a holiday, and sell like crazy. It's March, sales will skyrocket during the holidays. It's smart if you think about it. Fans buy it now, kids and casual gamers buy it during the holidays, and there's no trouble for anyone to get one.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
They think 3D is a gimmick and will bomb like Virtual Boy.Puzzler_Aaron
Just with the pre-orders it will sell more than the Virtual Boy.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
Amazon.com isn't sold out. Seems like Nintendo made enough to meet demand.
F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts

Just got home from Target. They had about 20 of them behind the glass. I was not going to get one for awhile but got the fever and pulled the trigger along with RR.

knob1701
Atta boy! Glad you could join in with the rest of us(although I'm still 3dsless until amazon puts it on my front door step). :(
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#22 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

My Gamestop didn't have line but there were people in there with 3DSs playing with the AR Cards.

AstralDrmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AstralDrmz
Member since 2009 • 784 Posts

[QUOTE="Kurezan"]

NerdyDonut

If you can afford to you might as well buy one now whilst there are plenty in stock. I can't see the 3DS having a crazy selling period until Christmas, this is when I think they will fly off the shelves.

This. It's a great system.
Nubukon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nubukon
Member since 2010 • 404 Posts

That's interesting, considering there were at least 25-30 people in line at my GS -- and I live in a relatively small town... in Wisconsin!

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

People aren't going crazy waiting in lines etc. because

1) its a handheld and this isn't japan

2) 3D isn't mindblowingly new like Motion controls were back in 2006... Sure its glasses free and thats awesome, but still people have experienced 3D for almost 50 years.

3) the launch line up doesn't have anything as marketable as wii sports, sure there is nintendogs, but again that isn't new.

4) Nintendo made a huge mistake not having something for the hardcore like Ocarina of Time or Starfox 64 at launch, because they are the only ones crazy enough to wait in line and freak out at this time of year....I get they wanted to let the 3rd parties have the spot light, but they didn't step up.. And companies like ubisoft are actually making nintendo pay for their transgressions. And the best third party game Proffessor Layton and the Mask of Mircale is completely MIA in the states and Europe.. so wth..

5) its March, not november. Americans are not going to wait in line by the masses at this time of year. The only time we go crazy for buying stuff is november which wasn't that long ago and people are still paying off their credit cards from the crazy amount of debt their spending sprees shopping for kids and families put them in so the last thing they are going to do is spend another 250$...

BlueCash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BlueCash
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts

I slept in until about 11am thenI went to Walmart at 1pm expecting to not get one but to my surprise they had not even stocked the shelves. They had a ton left. I will be buying games from Toys R Us tomorrow to take advantage of the 50% off deal.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

there was only4 people and me waiting for toysrus to open...

i suspect everyone buys online now..

also..word of mouth has to spread.

oh and we have to wait for the mario game to be released.

RiverLucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RiverLucky
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
In my opinion I don't think its worth it. I checked it out today and I felt it was not worth the 250 for the following reasons: 1) Release games are always B quality. 2) Battery Life is low. 3) 3D is not that spectacular. My primary reason would be the games. I would wait until a revision which adds a bigger screen and a longer lasting battery.
RiverLucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RiverLucky
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Just wanted to add that I have been spoilt by the DSi XL screen size also.