My Nintendo Rewards....spend 1,000 points now or wait

This topic is locked from further discussion.

agrippi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 agrippi
Member since 2003 • 1195 Posts

I always have a hard time with these reward programs. Not sure if I should jump on one of the free games (WarioWare Touched! would likely be my choice) or if I just hold on to the coins. They eventually expire, so I hate to wait too long and end up losing coins.

What is your approach right now with this new system? Have they given any info on how quickly they will add new items to the rewards section?

brn-dn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By brn-dn
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

I'm about 30 points away from the WarioWare game and I'll probably just get that.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I would grab it and then save the rest you earn since wont have much to buy yet. I havnt heard nothing on how long the rewards are expected to last. I would guess until after Summer maybe.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

A lot of people are hating on the 6 months expiration period, but I personally like it, because I'm like you, I hoard my points for far too long. Knowing that these expire soon gives me more reason to spend instead of hoard.

With that said, I'd personally wait until close to the 6 month expiration of points (at least large amounts), and just spend at that point. That's what I'm planning to do, at least for the first round. It'll be more difficult to do this once we pass the 6 month mark, since every point will expire at different times. So I guess at that point, just spend fast on any milestones you see currently up.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I finally got 1000 points, so I'll probably go with Zelda Picross. At least you can earn close to 100 points a week. Might take a few months, but you can get back to 1000 in a few months.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

you should spend it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34552 Posts
@yokofox33 said:

I finally got 1000 points, so I'll probably go with Zelda Picross. At least you can earn close to 100 points a week. Might take a few months, but you can get back to 1000 in a few months.

Was thinking of getting that one myself, but I heard that Picross 3D 2 will arrive soon, and that would be way more awesome. So I might save my points for future stuff instead..