My nintendo Coins finally will be used on Switch (March)

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

so so far the my nintendo gold and silver coins we have been gathering could only be used to get wall papers and screensavers. also some discounts on very few select 3DS and wiiU games. also only for costumes and items in their mobile games. that was it.

However, starting in march you will be able to use your gold coins to get discounts on switch games finally.

It says select games. So it is unclear how many games will be eligible for discount. hopefully it is not only 20 games like wiiUand 3DS were. hopefully pretty much all switch games will be eligible. We will have to see. Also I am not sure how big the discounts will be. We will have to see also.

Hopefully now we can start using those silver and gold coins.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#2 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

They are making it sound like the coins will have a flat discount value across all purchases. I really hope that's the case.

This would be Nintendo's best iteration of a loyalty program so far.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@lucidique said:

They are making it sound like the coins will have a flat discount value across all purchases. I really hope that's the case.

I'll always prefer physical rewards versus discounts on games. I miss Zelda 3DS pouches and Mario calendars.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

How is this even working anymore? I got a stack of games that I didn't register because I thought the program changed?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@sonic_spark said:

How is this even working anymore? I got a stack of games that I didn't register because I thought the program changed?

the old program doesnt work. like all the wiiU games have codes for the old program. switch games all work though...

you have to make a new account here for the new program. https://my.nintendo.com/?lang=en-US
after you link your switch and 3DS to the new program then when you buy digital games you will automatically get coins. also if you buy smarphone games and link your phone.

also when you buy physical games on switch there is an option to use it and get coins. highlight the game and press +...then click on the options to redeem my nintendo points.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:
@lucidique said:

I'll always prefer physical rewards versus discounts on games. I miss Zelda 3DS pouches and Mario calendars.

I always wanted the Luigi's Mansion 2 statue thing.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Good, maybe I don't have to loose more unspent coins then. There's literally nothing interesting to use them for as it is now. I got tired of all the shit rewards, so I stopped using it altogether. Here's hoping we'll get more than 5% off for like 200 coins for Switch games.