My little review of WWE Smackdown V Raw 2009 (please read)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GFahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 GFahim
Member since 2006 • 798 Posts

Finally, i got the damn game but was it worth the wait?...well, i can tell you that it really is...

first of all, the graphics are DECENT. they dont make the wii look bad, they are still easy in the eye and not too pixelated etc. a definite improvement from last years.

secondly, gameplay. the game uses motion controls effectively, for each different move u do, u do different gestures and THEY WORK. there is strong grapple and weak grapple and u swing the wiimote to do 'strike' attacks. its all pretty fun. the only problem i have is that they dont have the run button which is quite disappointing as i sometimes want to run away from my opponents to take a breather lol. u only run when u do a strike attack and ur opponent is far away from u but its still cool.

thirdly, features. man this game is packed with OVER 40 MATCH TYPES from tag team tornado hell in a cell match to 3 way triple threat steel cage match to 4 way last man standing match to 6 man elimination and money in the bank ladder match! its all there and its great! it also has ROYAL RUMBLE which is really fun!

fourthly, the rosters. it has a lot of superstars in which some of them u gotta unlock. the awesome thing about it is for each superstar, u have the chance to change their clothes, if the crowds should boo or cheer them and make them heel or face etc ts quite neat especially if u want to keep up to date with the current wrestling.

fifthly, single player mode lets u choose 6 players to go on the road to wrestlemania. u follow a decent storyline for each character and for the first time on a nintendo console, they now have voice overs! so its all good

sixthly, ONLINE WIFI! finally this game has it u can play aginst ur friends or anyone and there are rankings and leaderboards etc. i unfortunately cudnt play it as i only gave myself 5 minutes to look for a mtach but cudnt find one yet!

lastly, its up to 4 players which just simply makes it more fun with 3 of ur friends playing together with you. there is also backsatge places, more weapons and u can set fire on the tables!

miscellaneous things: there were rumours that there was no dlc for the wii version, but according to my manual, it said, 'see your online ranking and CHECK FOR UPDATED ROSTERS' that saying that in the future, they may put out new superstars?
also, u can unlock different costumes for ur superstars and there are apparently some more match types u can unlock (please be Elimination chamber).

so yeah, im sorry u had to read ll of that, but the main thing is i hope u guys got a deep insight on what this cool game is. and i hope i can whoop some of ur asses online!

ps. gamesradar gave it 8.0/10 and ONM gave it 84% which means so far, so good.

woah man this is my first time writing so much like that!

EDIT: oh yeah how the hell cud i forget? its got CREATE A SUPERSTAR as well!

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
Sounds cool! Getting good reviews too. Thanks for the heads up. My cousin was asking me about a good wrestling game for the Wii. I guess this is his answer :)
Shyn_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Shyn_1
Member since 2003 • 471 Posts
I heard the game was pretty decent a lot better than the previous efforts.
red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts
when was this released????
GFahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GFahim

when was this released????red_sovereign

friday in europe and will be on tuesday in america

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

[QUOTE="red_sovereign"]when was this released????GFahim

In america it is going to be released on Sunday.

GFahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GFahim
[QUOTE="GFahim"]

[QUOTE="red_sovereign"]when was this released????WllDan7

actually yeh thats right. i hope u guys get it and go online as i still cudnt find anyone there lol!

In america it is going to be released on Sunday.

ganga_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 ganga_
Member since 2007 • 790 Posts

you only have this game for two days and ur coming up with a review? thats too early imo.

on the one side its good for other people who are interested in buying this game, on the other side u cant say anything about longtime motivation

GFahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GFahim

you only have this game for two days and ur coming up with a review? thats too early imo.

on the one side its good for other people who are interested in buying this game, on the other side u cant say anything about longtime motivation

ganga_

i know what u mean but the amount features and stuff u can do i can predict (especially for myself) that i will be playing this for a long time.

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts
having online alone speaks for replay value. if you had it for five minuted you can tell that a game can last if it has online gameplay
ganga_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 ganga_
Member since 2007 • 790 Posts
[QUOTE="ganga_"]

GFahim

i know what u mean but the amount features and stuff u can do i can predict (especially for myself) that i will be playing this for a long time.

yea thats a point. just wanted to mention that its hard to judge.