My great game for wii idea...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kink_clancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kink_clancy
Member since 2004 • 103 Posts

Well i been thinking since wii has motion sense, a sword game would rock th wii so this is my idea:

would be like a oblivion game but puts you in the role of a soldier of ancient time lime medieval era you enroll to the army and start really low like peasant and you start getting better and gain experience, skills until you can get adopted by some general but i would want to be realistic, no magic.

you would be able to choose to be an archer, infantry or cavalry and of course you would be in the command of a general that you would have to obey or suffer the consequences.

you wont fight alone you would participate in sieges like medieval: total war battles.

any ideas you would like to say. please do tell.

OceanLeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 OceanLeet
Member since 2007 • 938 Posts
I want Starcraft or Warcraft 3 on the Wii :)
l_The_DetoX_l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 l_The_DetoX_l
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts
Star Wars Battlefront with lightsaber fights would be good.
dustidoodoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dustidoodoo
Member since 2005 • 2696 Posts
i want a game that uses the wiimote to control your right arm, for hitting and moving your arm around. It wouldnt have to be perfect, but i would like it to move when you move your arm and not to just play an animation when you move it a certain way. It would be cool because you could run around with your arm in a certain position, it wouldnt have to be the exact way you hold your arm because i know that would be either impossible or very very difficult to do, but rather it would smoothly move according to how you swing or hold it, and it could also affect how your body move accordingly. I really hope they come out with a game like that.
kink_clancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kink_clancy
A star wars game would be cool too like Jedi academy...
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

When You talk about massive sieges it sounds like something that uses up a lot of power. Other than that it's at least not the usual stuff i hear around here.
Personally i like a bit of intrigue, mystery or deception in it, but You could always implement it in the story or whatever. Besides it's impossible to please everyone, especially me, or You have found Heaven.

Seems You want that feeling of being a part of something huge. The lack of control of what's happening around You. The impact of a siege, on one man.
I'm not sure how long a siege can remain fun when playing someone who has little influence by himself. Of course You could let Your character be the godlike hero, but that is so cliche and it would hurt that overwhelming feeling of carnage, if that is what You are aiming for. Of course that's no dead end, especially if You start out with a peasant.

Are You sure about not bringing in the fantasy or mysticism? People love those things. At least some secrecy? You don't have to let it be part of the gameplay directly. For example You could have Your character guard something at one point. Guarding it but not being allowed to see what it is.
Sidenote: Having hallucinations or perceiving things incorrectly (in hindsight) is perfectly realistic. Especially on the battlefield. Have You ever seen the first descriptions of newly discovered human races? They describe people with 3 eyes, webbed toes or no mouth. The descriptions don't match the people at all when we look at them now, but that was what the first people saw in them. It might be interesting to let the way Your character perceives new things, change over time. It could allow for some form of fantasy in reality.

Like i said, i'm glad You didn't get too standard with Your idea. Might be fun to elaborate a bit on it in Your spare time. Don't be afraid like me of throwing everything away a couple of times when You're on a roll. Anyway that's just my 2 cent, it's bedtime now.

kink_clancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kink_clancy

KungfuKitten you read my mind with the whole huge thing be able to feel the courage, the bravery to go fight and then cherish the victory in a way only you could fell in Medieval era. The magic I actually like it but every game has it now and i would love to make the game to be realistic.

Some things I forgot:

be able to have kids, become part of a royal family, and you could have you houses and have your home town.

Of course make your own character and from what you made get a pair of parents to visit sometimes.

And one more thing i want this to become huge, tell i don't know like EA about the game and see if they can make it any recommendations?