My Gamecube won't play Wii games!

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nolan- (7050 posts) -
What is going on here!? They don't even fit!
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
#2 Posted by danger_ranger95 (5584 posts) -

that's strange...you might have to mod it. GS has links that support modding, so just look for it!!! :P

#3 Posted by JordanElek (18562 posts) -
Try putting them in backwards. You also need a Wii remote and SD card. Just jam it in there somewhere. It might help to put it on its side, too, so it looks more like a lunchbox. Good luck!
#4 Posted by AlmightyDerek (4144 posts) -
What is going on here!? They don't even fit!nolan-
This is a joke right? You could try cutting them down.
#5 Posted by nchan (1059 posts) -

I agree. Just cut the wii game disc in half that should play on your gamecube.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
#6 Posted by garrett_duffman (10684 posts) -
just buy a wii they are only like 20 bucks now used, heck some of the games cost more than that now
#7 Posted by FFCYAN (4964 posts) -

Funny, it works the other way around.:?

#8 Posted by Rod90 (7267 posts) -
What is going on here!? They don't even fit!nolan-
Ha?
#9 Posted by superapo (1714 posts) -

this is possibly the best forum topic ever. anyway gamecube doesnt play wii games wii plays gamecube games.

#10 Posted by funsohng (29976 posts) -
i cant find the touch screen on my gba sp. can someone help me here
#12 Posted by kirbyfalco55 (214 posts) -

i cant find the touch screen on my gba sp. can someone help me herefunsohng

Please tell me you're kidding. You're going to have to buy a Gameboy Pocket for a touch screen.

#13 Posted by nubystubs (48 posts) -

There's a gamecube accessory out there called "Wii" that will allow you to play them. Just hook the "Wii" up to the tv next to your GC and you should be good to go.

#14 Posted by nchan (1059 posts) -

There's a gamecube accessory out there called "Wii" that will allow you to play them. Just hook the "Wii" up to the tv next to your GC and you should be good to go.

nubystubs
Lol, that is funny.
#15 Posted by Pyro767 (2305 posts) -

Hey, I can't find the DS slot on my N64! Someone help me! Oh my God, I cannot find it! Save me Chuck Norris!

#16 Posted by N-One (320 posts) -
  1. The Gamecube is not powerful enough to handle Wii Games
  2. Wii Discs don't fit in the Gamecube

There, I answered your questions.

#17 Posted by awssk8er716 (8485 posts) -

[QUOTE="funsohng"]i cant find the touch screen on my gba sp. can someone help me herekirbyfalco55

Please tell me you're kidding. You're going to have to buy a Gameboy Pocket for a touch screen.

Sig-ed.

#18 Posted by cynwri8 (308 posts) -
Just trim down the outer edge of the Wii games. The outer edge just has the opening cut scenes anyway... Nothing you can't live without. Then it should fit well enough to work. Also turn the GC on it side so that the handle is facing left. Now as far as the controllers, I am pretty sure Radio Shack has what you need to convert the Wii controllers to work on the GC. Just ask at the counter- You have questions, they have answers. Don't take any sarcastic comments they may throw at you as truth. The person is probably just new and isn't up to date with all the high tech stuff that's out there. Hope this helps!
#19 Posted by Arc2012 (1535 posts) -
I had the same problem actually. Just put the Wii disk into a ziplock bag and hit it with a hammer or against a wall or whatever. Then just dump the contents out into the GC disk holder. It'll take a little longer to load up, but you should be fine. Worked for me.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#20 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21582 posts) -

#21 Posted by Chojuto (2914 posts) -
Even if you get the Wii disks to fit in, you still have to figure out a way to sync the remote. You might have to buy one of those special remote to GC adapter wire things. Thing is, those things are very short and severely limit your movement.
#22 Posted by kirbyfalco55 (214 posts) -

Black_Knight_00

Win.

#23 Posted by creativeminded (1729 posts) -
My PS2 won't play PS3 games!!
#24 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

My Atari 2600 wont play 360 games!!!

#25 Posted by Zeldafan221 (1190 posts) -
Close the GC and let it break the disk you'll be playing less than half of Super Mario Galaxy in no time.
#26 Posted by ktseymour (1000 posts) -

Darn funny stuff! By the way does anyone know why I can't play my Amiga games on my brand new ultra powerfull PC. I mean, it should work right?:shock::P

#27 Posted by Zeldafan221 (1190 posts) -

Darn funny stuff! By the way does anyone know why I can't play my Amiga games on my brand new ultra powerfull PC. I mean, it should work right?:shock::P

ktseymour
I think the geek squad will have to come and dissassemble your computer in order to do this.
#28 Posted by UmbreonMan9 (25 posts) -
My Wii won't play playstation games! (Gamecube can't play Wii games, but Wii can play gamecube games)
#29 Posted by Brawl578 (895 posts) -

My cat won't play NES games!

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
#30 Posted by EpiphoneMan2008 (7169 posts) -

[QUOTE="funsohng"]i cant find the touch screen on my gba sp. can someone help me herekirbyfalco55

No i do believe it was the GameBoy Color that had the touch screen guys :)

#31 Posted by ktseymour (1000 posts) -

[QUOTE="ktseymour"]

Zeldafan221

I think the geek squad will have to come and dissassemble your computer in order to do this.

Man! That was quick. The Dork Squad came right over and fixed me up booyyy! The tech said he used to work for MS before the layoffs, and that this was the only place that would take him? He got it all working and installed what he calls "Custom BSOD". The tech said this feature used to be so popular MS had to stop using it because it jammed up their phone lines with people calling about this feature. Boy, I sure am lucky I called the Goof Squad.8)

#32 Posted by Head_of_games (10859 posts) -
:lol: Thread of the week!
Avatar image for just_nonplussed
#33 Posted by just_nonplussed (4130 posts) -

this reminds me of when i was little and tried to jam a NES cart into a SNES.

it didn't fit. :(

#34 Posted by ktseymour (1000 posts) -

I'd like to give a big shout out to "Blue Daemon" for fixing my PC. You rock Booyyy;)

#35 Posted by EpiphoneMan2008 (7169 posts) -

just_nonplussed

I MADE it fit LOL

Avatar image for just_nonplussed
#36 Posted by just_nonplussed (4130 posts) -

[QUOTE="just_nonplussed"]

EpiphoneMan2008

I MADE it fit LOL

ah, there's almost something sexual about trying to ram larger things into smaller places. i feel sorry for your tortured SNES.

#37 Posted by haziqonfire (36350 posts) -

step 1. get some scissors

step 2. cut the wii disc until it reaches the size of gamecube discs

step 3. discard all remaining pieces

step 4. insert into the gamecube

step 5. enjoy.

#38 Posted by creativeminded (1729 posts) -

My cat won't play NES games!

Brawl578
lol
#39 Posted by DaCool2008 (1633 posts) -
yooooo my wii wont play 360 games im tryina play that halo 3 man -_-
#40 Posted by grorusso (1165 posts) -

yeah i know it's really weird one time i tried to put the gamecube inside the wii but i couldn't :P i love these types of topics

#41 Posted by Kenny789 (10434 posts) -

My Wii games won't play my Gamecube! Wtf?! :x

#42 Posted by darksongbird (1237 posts) -

THIS MUST BE A joke. -_-;

#43 Posted by khoofia_pika (16745 posts) -
well, I think you need a wii remote, and- OH!- I think you need a Wii to play Wii games! Man, GCN is a previous generation console. It wont play wii games. Next thing we know is that you're asking us why your ps2 would play ps3 games.
#44 Posted by garrett_duffman (10684 posts) -
[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]well, I think you need a wii remote, and- OH!- I think you need a Wii to play Wii games! Man, GCN is a previous generation console. It wont play wii games. Next thing we know is that you're asking us why your ps2 would play ps3 games.

not all ps3's play ps2 games... so that could be a valid question if he didnt intend to buy one that could play ps2 games and it did somehow
#45 Posted by EpiphoneMan2008 (7169 posts) -

well, I think you need a wii remote, and- OH!- I think you need a Wii to play Wii games! Man, GCN is a previous generation console. It wont play wii games. Next thing we know is that you're asking us why your ps2 would play ps3 games.khoofia_pika

absolute WIN right there!

#46 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -

Black_Knight_00

a picture is worth a thousand words. this one is better than all other jokes i read here read: OWND! :P

#47 Posted by alex6792 (125 posts) -

i scrolled down,saw this and read the title of it like 4 times before i undertood it,then i LOLed

topic of the week TC =]

#48 Posted by garrett_duffman (10684 posts) -
you have to buy wii fit for the gamecube to play wii games
#49 Posted by hiyo2345 (56 posts) -

Guys I need your help. My girlfriend can't play Wii games nor Gamecube games. Should I send her to Nintendo? :P

#50 Posted by garrett_duffman (10684 posts) -

Guys I need your help. My girlfriend can't play Wii games nor Gamecube games. Should I send her to Nintendo? :P

hiyo2345
that depends, would you consider her a casual gamer, or a hardcore games? nintendo cant satisfy the hardcore gamer according to sources, but they do wonders for the casual gamer