My concern for the future of the Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kart_racer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kart_racer
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts
I am starting to think that the wii really won't be that great with all the talk from system wars. With all the talk of 'teh graphics', 'teh friend codes suck!1!!11' and most of all 'Wii is teh KIDDY!!'. Even my fiend was going to buy a Wii beacause of shooters but instead he got a 360 for gears of war and now thinks im kiddy for getting a Wii. It is my main console but i dont want to sell it or get rid of it and i'm not gettng another system because y parents won't let me. Maybe you guys could convince me other wise.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
No, make up your own mind
kart_racer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kart_racer
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts

No, make up your own mindJaysonguy

I'm just asking, is the Wii really that bad?

BunkaOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BunkaOne
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts
hahaha, it is bad. dood why the 'f' did u get one in the frist place?Show ur friend Man Hunt 2 and No More Heros and see if they still think it's for kids 'only'.Why do u care what they think if u like the Wii. Grow up.
homsuplo75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 homsuplo75
Member since 2003 • 1367 Posts
You can't really compare the Wii to the other systems that are out right now.  It's a different kind of game system.  Just because it's a new system doesn't make it "next gen" so you really have to ask yourself what kind of games you're looking to play.  Do you want something that just about anyone off the street can pick up and enjoy with you?  Or doyou want something that will keep you isolated and mashing buttons in your room?  I ended up buying a Wii because I now have something that I can play with members of my family.  I may still end up getting a PS3 later on once the prices go down but I may run into the problem of having to share the tv with whoever is on the Wii.
XxSPAZxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XxSPAZxX
Member since 2007 • 1213 Posts
nintendo already prove graphics aren't needed anyways u can tell ur friend u get to play RE4 and RE:UC way better then gears and when he says what about the graphics just tell him "ever herd of innervation." Wii is way better then the 360 it's more user friendly...doesn't eat ur disk
birdcrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 birdcrap
Member since 2005 • 158 Posts

ive felt this way loads of times... it's peer pressure buddy... i have a wii but my friends have a 360... they say i need to get a 360, but my dad won't let me (basicly its teh money issue)... that is why for the upcoming summer i'm going job hunting for a temporary part-time job... this will hopefully raise $640 to buy an elite and gears of war (it costs about that much where i live)... not to say the wii is a terrible machine... the wii in my opinion is better or as great as the 360 (im a major wii60 fanboy)... i hate how people think wii is a kiddy machine... one family machine from nintendo brought the pemanant "kiddie"  name to it (gamecube)...  anyways  time for the real topic the wii's future.

the only reason why the wii seems to have no or "kiddie" genrede games is because THEY ARE ALL IN DEVELOPEMENT!... the developers *first party* dont have a clue how to use the wii for their games... now that a few games have come out to show them the capabilities of the wii, they  will stfu and start to make some real games for the wii. hopfully future wii games will not be just slapped on ports from ps2 or downgraded ps3 games... I WANT REAL FPS' FOR THE WII! THAT WAS MADE FOR THE WII, BY THE WII!...:)

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Really it depends on the games you like.. if your having second thoughts about it, you should have done your research before you bought it though.

But still, if the games that are coming out APPEAL to you, then keep it, and forget what your friends say. Most of my friends have a Wii, but some of my friends call it "kiddy" or "retarded", or say the graphics Suck, i dont care.. its still ownage to me.

really, just like what you like, and dont listen to what others say. 

omgadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 omgadam
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts
peer pressure is stupid. Are you really going to let what other people (your friends) think make up your own decision? Just do what YOU want to do, not what other people want you to do.
Kwiksilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Kwiksilva
Member since 2004 • 467 Posts
The other systems true capabilities come out with an HD tv and I dont happen to have an HDTV in my room so what would be the point and when you look at the games available for each system there is no comparison that the wii is far better it took the 360 over a year to get a really good game for their system the wii did that at launch come on now that friend of yours is just hating because the wii is the most popular system out right now anyone that says it is kiddy is just a fanboy of another system
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]No, make up your own mindkart_racer

I'm just asking, is the Wii really that bad?

Wow, I haven't seen this big of a TOOL since Home Improvement went off the air.

Dude, do you even own a Wii? Do you even understand systems when they launch? It takes a while and if you weren't ready to wait for the big guns you shouldn't have bought it so early.

axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 axes03
Member since 2005 • 4454 Posts
the wii can never be your first choice or main system, itll always be a second choice, "fun for awhile" type. if you want serious gaming get a 360 or a ps3, and keep the wii for times when you feel like to waggle your arms around for an hour or two. its a "fun" system thats aimed towards casual gamers. so if u are one its perfect for you
tylerrodney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tylerrodney
Member since 2003 • 65 Posts

Hey man, ok just to infrom you guys of some things. The Wii is a next generation console ok, I mean how is it not? does it not revolutionize the way games are being played? those of you who say no can go sit in the corner and thinka bout what you said.

Graphically no it's not as good as the 360, I love the 360 and for those of you who can afford one then good job, and the ps3.....well thats just a pile of poo painted black.

Anyhow, yes the Wii is an awesome console, Give it some time, soon there will be a tonne of games, developers will get use to making games for it, remember this has never been done before it takes time to adapt. and the wii is 3 times more powerful than the cube, have we seent hat yet? no not really, we have had little glimpses of what it is capable of, but I mean look at the cube, look what it popped out around the end re4 for example, I mean ever compared to the 360 I think it looks amazing right. Anyhow I know a crap load of you will disagree with me and thats ok I dont care, But just give the Wii some time, and if you can I say get a 360 as well because that system has alot to offer as well. Hopefully this helps you out.

and no the wii is not only a kiddy console, yes it has kiddy games, because if it didn't then what would, I mean really? I like to think that Nintendo is fair to everyone, old or young.Â