My cat pee'd on my N64. What do I do now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

To be a little more clear, I sort of inherited my niece's and nephew's N64 that I passed along to my gf who later became my wife.

So, in the end my cat took a whizz on my 2nd N64 that was never really mine. I sealed it up in a bag and threw it in the attic above my garage.

What do you think is the best thing to do? Throw it away? I don't suppose I could dunk it in soaked soap and water. There's probably some kind of battery or something that would go bad. I always hear laptops and phones don't actually start getting damaged until there is actually elctricity interacting with the water, where then the water fries the circuits. (Keep in mind, it was kind of my extra N64 and probably wouldn't be turned on for years anyways. Only if my original N64 died.)

I just really don't want to leave it in that attic ...

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Cover the entire thing in cat litter.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I'd get rid of the cat.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Sell it to a pawn shop. :P Someone once sold me a Gamecube that was pee'd on by.... something or someone or whatev. I don't really have a sense of smell but after I showed it to the other employees that said it reeked of piss. :(

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Does it still work? If not, check if it has an expansion pack in it, and salvage it. Then throw it away.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

You can take the shell apart and you can soak the parts. I've never done it since I never had a cat pee on a console, but apparently its possible. At the very least you can soak a old NES, so I assume you can do the same with a N64.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#8 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

I'd just put it in the sun for as long as necessary.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Isopropyl alcohol and a hairdryer.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

This is what happened to every Nintendo 64 before it left the factory. So you should do nothing. The cat is just displaying the current state of Nintendo. Have the cat piss on the Wii U. Then everything will be up to date.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lord_Magikarp
Member since 2015 • 374 Posts

cry

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

You can clean it with some alcohol and rub it off with something like a piece of paper or cotton.

DrFlyntCoal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DrFlyntCoal
Member since 2015 • 496 Posts

Pray for your life.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I'd get rid of the cat.

This ^

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#15 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

@nini200 said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

I'd get rid of the cat.

This ^

Spot on

meankilleR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 meankilleR
Member since 2002 • 9632 Posts

Get a new n64 IMO they are dirt cheap 20-40$, I have purchased 3 mint we expansion pack for 20 $ each and my jungle teen n64 mint for 40$ if my cat pissed on my n64 id sell the n64/give it away and just get a new one and never would let my cat back into my room with gaming stuff.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Pee on the cat to assert your dominance.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#18 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

This. One of the family cats peed on my PS2 once and this did the trick. If it doesn't work for whatever reason, or it's in a hard to clean area, consider taking it apart and scrubbing the case.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

Eat the cat, it deserves it.

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

Finally decided to read your post..before reading I was thinking Goo Be Gone. It smells horrible to me but should remove all previous smells as long as the urine didn't get into the vent areas. Apply with paper towels or a rag to every bit of surface. You may follow up with a nice smelling hand sanitizer on a rag or paper towel to get rid of goo be gone odor.

Drakensson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -5

#21 Drakensson
Member since 2015 • 46 Posts

Pee on the cat :D

Avatar image for monsieurblancha
MonsieurBlancha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MonsieurBlancha
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

How does this even happen in the first place?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I've avoided reading this topic for so long, but seriously, why don't you just get some 409 disinfectant and clean that crap off as best you can? Putting it in a bag and setting it in your attic doesn't sound like it'll help the problem at all. In fact, you really should have tried to clean this up right when you noticed it.

grimgirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By grimgirl1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

GET RID OF THE CAT! -totally agreed....

-WHY NOT SELL YOUR CAT N BUY A NEW CONSOLE?!?

Edit: you could leave it in your attic wait for someone to play w it and pretend it just died of old age.... but you seriously owe your wife a new system. so sell the cat and give her a new system and just say how much you love her? (or you could say what the cat did and tell her why you sold it, and why you got her a new system and that you love her more than the cat?)

pikachewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pikachewbacca
Member since 2015 • 127 Posts

If urine makes contact with an N64 it magically becomes a Wii.

XDragon8878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 XDragon8878
Member since 2015 • 32 Posts

Buy an xbox one, since the rare games collection is coming to that!

j4miess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 j4miess
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

I'm sorry for bumping this old thread, but I've finally found something that works for me!

One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

My cats are indoor cats so it's not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats hate him too). I've tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some "No More Spraying" but that hasn't worked.

He's a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I'm not looking and then does it. He's learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at.

It wasn't until I found "Cat Spraying No More" that I was able to finally get rid of this tiresome behavior. Now my house nor my ropes don't smell like a litter box anymore

Here's a link the their site if you're interested in checking it out, I highly recommend this: nomorecatpee.com

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Man, I'd never get a cat.

neojotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 neojotic
Member since 2019 • 24 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

This is most likely the best bet. Alcohol will clean it quite nicely but not sure if that would remove any odor.

Where was the N64 being stored? I've had cats for 16 years and this literally has never ever happened to me. I havent even had a cat destroy a single cable or even touch my system. The closest call I had was my current cat jumping on the table my Saturn was on and he stood next to it.

Needless to say the cat knows now he's not allowed anywhere near the Saturn lol

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

Bring the cat to a chinese restaurant. They'll know what to do with it.... Whoops I mean bring the N64, someone there should be able to fix it.

IvanHoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By IvanHoes
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

Sorry for chiming in a bit late to the discussion, but I really feel like I need to add my 2 cents. I finally found something that works for the cat spraying on my N64!

What a relief to finally have gotten rid of the horrible cat pee smell, and without any expensive sprays at that.

One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

My cats are indoor cats so it's not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats hate him too). I've tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some "No More Spraying" but that hasn't worked.

He's a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I'm not looking and then does it. He's learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at. It wasn't until I found "Cat Spraying No More" that I was able to finally get rid of this tiresome behavior. Now my house doesn't smell like a litter box anymore :smile:

To be honest, I don't know too much about it so I did a quick Google search and here's a review I found: https://nomorecatpee.com/index.htm

I'm based in Germany, by the way, so you should be able to get it too. Good luck!

W

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#33 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

You can take the shell apart and you can soak the parts. I've never done it since I never had a cat pee on a console, but apparently its possible. At the very least you can soak a old NES, so I assume you can do the same with a N64.

If you go with this option I'd recommend soaking it in that solution that breaks down pet urine from the pet store... forgot the name of it. If it got into the internal components, but it still works, I say deal with it but that stench will always be there

elga_tete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 elga_tete
Member since 2019 • 4 Posts

First punish the cat so he learns not to do it again. Then go to a store where they can fix it or whatever. If there's mo way to fix it, tell your wife the truth. I don't think she'll be mad.

Atomic1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Atomic1977
Member since 2004 • 342 Posts

Are you sure it was the cat.? Maybe a kid peed on it lol.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Not gonna lie - if you're going to keep bumping a FOUR YEAR OLD thread, at least y'all have selected an amusing one to do it with.