MUA2 gs review. The last line is very interesting.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#1 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18659 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/rpg/marvelultimateallianceiifusion/review.html?tag=result;score;2

Kevin VanOrd, editor, sums up this poorly made button masher:

"Some licensed games are a labor of love, exhibiting profound respect for the source material. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, on the other hand, doesn't exhibit the kind of care and reverence a beloved brand merits. It's inelegant and underdeveloped, and it represents a major step backward when compared to the original. Halfhearted dialogue, bad AI, unimaginative level design, stripped RPG elements, and all sorts of other factors make the game feel as if it were pieced together on an assembly line and quickly tossed onto store shelves. The Marvel License deserves better--and so do Wii owners."

My initial response to that was: "I totally agree. The Wii is without questionoften fails to reach its full potential with 3rd party support, and the wii should have better treatment with better games with the 3rd party support we have."

But then I got a different interpretation from that quote. Among us forum users, it's generally agreed that gs just hates the wii. Wii owners deserve better, for they should (without becoming a system wars topic) justto moveto another console.

Now, what VanOrd meant was probably the first interpretation I applied, but...what if...? I'm somewhat questioned by this. Thoughts?

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
he means the devs didn't do wii right with that game. the first one was awful, it's the worst game I've played on my wii.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Very interesting especially from gs but that last line won't pull the wool over my eyes. One line won't make up for the many games they biasly reviewed (For those that even care about reviews). Yes the Wii does deserve better but not only from developers but from game sites that help people make their choice on what games to buy based off of reviews. That's one reason I stopped caring for reviews and try games out for myself.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30157 Posts
Thats the same thing that was said in the iGN review, the game on all systems is suffering from a severe case of bipolar, a few smart moves that would have moved the game forward, piled on top of a number of bone headed decision, that makes the series take two steps back from the older games, like pretty much removing the RPG side of it. However the Wii version from what I read in the IGN review is a complete disgrace.
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 5694 Posts

he means the devs didn't do wii right with that game. the first one was awful, it's the worst game I've played on my wii.teknic1200

I thoroughly enjoyed the first one on Wii. I liked the controls and found it better than its counterparts. Its sad to hear that this version is flat-out terrible.

Wonkyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Wonkyman
Member since 2004 • 84 Posts

I don't understand how a whole chunk of the gaming media can do something as ridiculous and unprofessional as have a bias against a specific console. But sure enough, you see it everywhere. The review of LostWinds here left a really bad taste in my mouth. That was a fantastic game and it got a 5.5? How can that even happen? It was the Wii bias that made me stop watching X-Play too. Constant off-hand comments by the hosts that made it clear they don't play the Wii any more than Kaz Hirai. This is, in my opinion, the best holiday season that little white box has had yet, and does anyone know half of the amazing titles that are coming this fall and winter? No, because the gaming media is too busy licking Sony and Microsoft's feet to bother reporting on any of them properly.

Rant over. I'll go back to being pleasantly apathetic towards the situation now.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sepewrath
[QUOTE="Wonkyman"]

I don't understand how a whole chunk of the gaming media can do something as ridiculous and unprofessional as have a bias against a specific console. But sure enough, you see it everywhere. The review of LostWinds here left a really bad taste in my mouth. That was a fantastic game and it got a 5.5? How can that even happen? It was the Wii bias that made me stop watching X-Play too. Constant off-hand comments by the hosts that made it clear they don't play the Wii any more than Kaz Hirai. This is, in my opinion, the best holiday season that little white box has had yet, and does anyone know half of the amazing titles that are coming this fall and winter? No, because the gaming media is too busy licking Sony and Microsoft's feet to bother reporting on any of them properly.

Rant over. I'll go back to being pleasantly apathetic towards the situation now.

Well you do realize that the gaming media is nothing but gamers who are getting payed to play games right. Yeah they try and spin it as hardwork, but trust me when it comes to hardworking careers, they are at the bottom of the totem pole. There are a ton of people who work much harder than they do and at a job that is not thier favorite pasttime. You can take anyone who has basic research and writing skills and an average attention to detail and have them replace anybody at these gaming media outlets. The media is no different from you and I, they are not like the mass media who are suppose to be objective, thier just gamers getting paid to blog for the most part. They are no less immune to the same bias and subjectivity that anyone else who games is.
07pops07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 07pops07
Member since 2008 • 552 Posts

[QUOTE="Wonkyman"]

Sepewrath

Well you do realize that the gaming media is nothing but gamers who are getting payed to play games right. Yeah they try and spin it as hardwork, but trust me when it comes to hardworking careers, they are at the bottom of the totem pole. There are a ton of people who work much harder than they do and at a job that is not thier favorite pasttime. You can take anyone who has basic research and writing skills and an average attention to detail and have them replace anybody at these gaming media outlets. The media is no different from you and I, they are not like the mass media who are suppose to be objective, thier just gamers getting paid to blog for the most part. They are no less immune to the same bias and subjectivity that anyone else who games is.

if its so easy why dont you get hired at gaming website?

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sepewrath

[ if its so easy why dont you get hired at gaming website?

07pops07
Where did I say it was easy to get hired genuis? I said the work comparitive to other careers is easy and I stand by that, because what encompasses thier entire job is only a part of my job.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
he obviously meant "the wii can do better and it's owners are not stupid. get a better game for your wii, this one's not worth your money". there's no conspiracy theory behind it.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
How does GS hate the wii?
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#12 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
it was clearly the first interpretation. its a big leap to go from a line at the end of a negative review saying that gamers on the platform deserve better to saying it meant they should get a different console.
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

I'm leaning on the first interpretation, rather proud of him for coming out and saying it.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 16433 Posts

he obviously meant "the wii can do better and it's owners are not stupid. get a better game for your wii, this one's not worth your money". there's no conspiracy theory behind it.BrunoBRS

Yep, that's the same thing i saw in the article, there is just no excuse in having this lousy version for Wii owners when other consoles have a better version.

BTW, he seems in some parts kind of mad with the game "As such, don't expect to plug in a Classic Controller or GameCube controller: This button masher requires a remote and nunchuk." And it should be, like i said, is an insult.

ewlung1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ewlung1
Member since 2008 • 55 Posts
This games is bad, very bad ... terrible. At least from novice gamer perspective. Did they only test this game with expert gamer? The game is unnecessary complicated and the camera view is terrible. Why controlling 4 characters in the same time in over crowded screen with a lot of dudes to smash. Fushion attach is difficult to execute and not worth the trouble. At the end, it will be just button smashing and special power, which also bad implemented.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

Someone made a blog about bias towards each console on multiple sites including GS. And no evidence was found of bias on any side.

Avatar image for randomwiiplayer
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 randomwiiplayer
Member since 2009 • 1804 Posts

genuis? Sepewrath

Dude, biggest fail ever.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]he obviously meant "the wii can do better and it's owners are not stupid. get a better game for your wii, this one's not worth your money". there's no conspiracy theory behind it.madsnakehhh

Yep, that's the same thing i saw in the article, there is just no excuse in having this lousy version for Wii owners when other consoles have a better version.

BTW, he seems in some parts kind of mad with the game "As such, don't expect to plug in a Classic Controller or GameCube controller: This button masher requires a remote and nunchuk." And it should be, like i said, is an insult.

i think he's insulting the game's random, pointless waggling to attack rather than the wiimote.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#19 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
It's just another PS2 port that was put on the Wii with some bad motion controls added.