This topic is locked from further discussion.

Beech101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Beech101
Member since 2004 • 318 Posts

it recently occured to me for some reason the other day that the metroid prime games and the prince of persia games are very similar in that they seem to have the sort of same set up between action and exploration. While they are vastly different they still do seem awfully similar in some ways. There are obviously many other games that fit into this category as well but my question is which do you prefer: MP or PoP? I know the answer will probably a clear majority here but I suppose another way of looking at it too is the difference between first person and third person versions of the same style of game.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I don't think they're alike at all.

If anything Zelda and Metroid share similar elements.

Obscure characters, exploration first - fighting second, upgrades over time, puzzles, etc...

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts
PoP isn't based on exploration, it's got a linear path...
Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Giff1988
Member since 2007 • 800 Posts

The series split in my opinion. Super Metorid was great. Never took to any of the games on the cube didn't like the controllsand Mp3 seems to be a good but I hate those 3d maps.

Prince of Perisa series. Only good one was Sands of time. Never understood why people liked the original back in the day that game was horrible. But after the POP team left after Sands of time Ubisoft couldn't bring back the magic for it's Warrior within and Two Thorne insatlments.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I loved metroid 1 and super metroid, and all the prime games, but POP only sands of time was good. Warrior within was the most glitchiest game i've ever almost beaten (end game glitch stops you forever from beating it) and something about making POP go from being a 'nice guy' to a mean ass warrior who hates life, was a little strange. Than two thrones was just them trying to bring elemnts from POPsot back.

But POP is linear, and metroid is muliplexed. Not the same at all.

fazeox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fazeox
Member since 2007 • 50 Posts
Actually we cant compare this two games coz mp has it own waysof playing and so do pop...but for my own opinion,i choose mp rather than pop...
jzen_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7 jzen_
Member since 2003 • 711 Posts
i dont think they're similar at all... its like comparing Duck Hunt with the original Super Mario Bros.
fool_man_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 fool_man_dude
Member since 2003 • 1080 Posts

PoP isn't based on exploration, it's got a linear path...monty_4256

Metroid is pretty linear too. you can only do what they objective wants you to do. just as any story-based game is like.

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

[QUOTE="monty_4256"]PoP isn't based on exploration, it's got a linear path...fool_man_dude

Metroid is pretty linear too. you can only do what they objective wants you to do. just as any story-based game is like.

but metroid prime has a world that allows you to walk around, it has areas that you don't need to go to, it allows you to go back and find higher or further areas that you couldn't reach before that may or may not have important items, alot of them end up being not and actually just being rocket expansions
that is NOT what a linear path is

PoP is a linear path, you can't go back to an area, you don't revisit them, since it's level based it means your completely stuck in a level until you complete it and then you go to another level
there is no exploration involved (btw I like PoP but it's not an exploration based game)

dekasuperlink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dekasuperlink
Member since 2003 • 375 Posts
Two totally different games. *insert an element here*
sephten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sephten
Member since 2007 • 222 Posts

Obscure characters, exploration first - fighting second, upgrades over time, puzzles, etc...

Jaysonguy

the reason there the same is cuz the same guy made both, and he must like awsome games

... and hes an amazing creater, couldnt thank him for the series

sephten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sephten
Member since 2007 • 222 Posts

Jaysonguy

the reason there the same is cuz the same guy made both, and he must like awsome games

dekasuperlink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dekasuperlink
Member since 2003 • 375 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

sephten

No, the same guy didn't make both.