Motion controls have become my natural gameplay type.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Super-Mario-Fan
Super-Mario-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 0

#1 Super-Mario-Fan
Member since 2006 • 4279 Posts

My friend recently got Bioshock for his 360. The game got a lot of praise from the gaming community, so I thought I'd try it out. One thing that really bugged me was the fact that you used two control pads to navigate. I told my friend "wouldn't a motion pointer make navigation and searcing a heck of alot easier?", and he agreed with me.I've been playing Wii so much the past few years that Iguess I must be leaving tradtional controls in the dust. They don't feel as natural to me anymore.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i'm having this issue with every FPS now. i'm so used to the wii's controls now that i can't play with dual analogs. i'm still doing well with mouse+keyboard, but that's because i play a lot of FPSs on my PC.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Me too. Dual analog feels really uncomfortable now. I played dead space finally and was really annoyed with how tank like everything was. Aiming was rally tough.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
never liked analog controls in shooters, especially FPS.
Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
Yeah I definitely couldn't go back to dual analog. There would be way more shooters on Wii
ugoo18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ugoo18
Member since 2010 • 1005 Posts

Same here Dual analogs feel so clunky and uncomfortable for FPS games for me.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i NEVER played an fps for 10 years because of the controls.. until now with the wii.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#8 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
I too srtuggle to play dual analog - GearsOfWar2 gave me the bleeps the other day...
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#9 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Well I still think motion controls are more tacit and a natural way to go with regards to reflexes.. it was back 13 or so years ago when I started playing FPS with as WASD+mouse as opposed to the lousy UDLR/PgUp/PgDown keys and never looked back ... that was a change to motion controls to some extent. With regards to Dual analogs, I find myself fighting the controls quite often and I actually prefer the wii's pointer, though the last 1st person Wii game I played was MP3:Corruption, its not perfect however with the sensor and tv borders being abit of a nuisance.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#10 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Well I still think motion controls are more tacit and a natural way to go with regards to reflexed.. it was back 13 or so years ago when I started playing FPS with as WASD+mouse as opposed to the lousy UDLR/PgUp/PgDown keys and never looked back ... that was a change to motion controls to some extent. With regards to Dual analogs, I find myself fighting the controls quite often and I actually prefer the wii's pointer, though the last 1st person Wii game I played was MP3:Corruption, its not perfect however with the sensor and tv borders being abit of a nuisance.
Sonicplys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Sonicplys
Member since 2004 • 2603 Posts

Having played only on the Wii since the beginning of this year, I have gotten used to the Wiimote. I went back to playing my PS2 last week and man, holding a regular controller was foreign to me. It felt weird.

kontejner44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kontejner44
Member since 2006 • 2025 Posts

Dual analogue in FPS is dead for me, the kind of control you get in Prime Trilogy > even PC, it's way more fun, tight and intense. But yeah that has more to do with mechanics in Prime more than controls, but still!

LESROU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LESROU
Member since 2005 • 49 Posts

i have been saying this since i picked up a Wii in 2007.

Wii controls > Analogue > Mouse and kbrd. IMO

not just for FPS, but also for 3rd person shooters, sports games and most action games.

I played some FPS on the HD consoles recently, and man i just cannot get used to that controls. it ruined the whole experience for me.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

I like both styles but motion controls are my favorite

Sole_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Sole_
Member since 2010 • 59 Posts
The Wii motion controls have become my default mode since the launch of the Wii. However, I switch in to Dual Analog mode for my XBOX 360 favorites. If CoD: MW2 had Wii controls, I would wipe the maps with my opponents.
nintenjoe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nintenjoe3
Member since 2010 • 385 Posts

I feel the same way. I truly agree that the Wii's controls were just meant to be for FPS's. If I ever try to play an FPS on any other system, I just don't like it anymore. On the Wii, it is so much easier, and much more natural.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
I liked Metroid's but the Conduit's felt odd to me. So, sometimes I like them but other times I prefer dual analogue.
ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts
I can still play shooters with the dual analog set up but every time i do I wish I had the option of using my willmote. RE5 is begging for this kind of set up, especially after playing RE4 wii edition.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#19 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Yeah, even simple games with minimal motion controller use feel better on Wii, such as Rampage: Total Destruction and TMNT (I've also played them on PS2). Basically, the only games I don't use motion controls for are fighting and racing games, as a lot of it depends on precision. The WiiWheel never was my thing.

But especially shooters just feel primitive without Wii controls. I simply loved Metroid Prime Trilogy and The Conduit, although the latter was a mediocre game saved by perfect controls. Platformers also feel a lot more fluent and better overall.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
Metroid is basically the only non-rail shooter game on the wii that uses motion controls (really just the IR sensor) to a great advantage, in my opinion. Mouse+Keyboard and Dual Analog both tend to be generally more reliable in my experiance, but I only say that because I have yet to play many wii games that feel like motion control is necessary and not just acceptable.
ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

I have to agree, motion controls on the wii are comfortable for me too. I guess I'm getting used to it.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#22 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
I still play some GC games which require the dual analog, specially FPS or TPS but is just one situation where I love the game and try to pass on the controls. I know can't think of getting back to dual analog if there is an option to use Wiimote+Nunchuck. Even for MH3 I use this set up (well, I don't have a Classic Controller but I don't feel like I require one) On the other hand, when I bring friends over to play the first thing I try to do with them before we go to the more "serious" games is play an on-rails shooter, to let them find their sight within a game before showing them some other stuff. I find that some people have a hard time finding the right spot to point at the screen, perhaps they are too used to dual analog controller
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I guess I'm the minority here because I prefer Dual Analog sticks over the Wii remote + Nunchuck. I've had the Wii longer than my 360 and I can't bring myself to liking the motion controls. I really wish the option to use a classic or GC controller was available for all the games.

Only type of games I like the Wii remote for are for the Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and DarkChronicles