Most underrated wii game?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

Now that the wii is almost at the end of its life span, I want to take some time to talk about some of my favorite underrated/forgotten games for it

Deadly Creatures

http://gamerlimit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/deadly_creatures_oplkdfbvdews_013_jd.jpg

http://blog.al.com/techcetera/2009/06/large_Deadly-Creatures23.jpg

one of my personal favorite wii games. Dissapointing that it just kinda came and went. Without a doubt one the most original games I have ever played in my life. Not to mention great voice acting by Billy Bob Thorton and the late Dennis Hopper.

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

Yeah I remember playing that game a bit. Very interesting concept, but I really didn't enjoy playing it much.

darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#3 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

Now that the wii is almost at the end of its life span, I want to take some time to talk about some of my favorite underrated/forgotten games for it

Deadly Creatures

http://gamerlimit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/deadly_creatures_oplkdfbvdews_013_jd.jpg

http://blog.al.com/techcetera/2009/06/large_Deadly-Creatures23.jpg

one of my personal favorite wii games. Dissapointing that it just kinda came and went. Without a doubt one the most original games I have ever played in my life. Not to mention great voice acting by Billy Bob Thorton and the late Dennis Hopper.

legend26

Never heard of it. Did the creatures actually talk or were there humans in the game too? The former would be weird, by the way.

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts

A Boy And His Blob would be my pick.. one of my fave Wii games and hardly ever gets a mention.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#5 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

I liked 'Disaster: Day of Crisis', but US gamers never saw that game as far as I'm aware. It had some really interesting ideas and mix of styles.

Stephleref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Stephleref
Member since 2009 • 301 Posts

Chocobo's dungeon:

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts
I actually don't know of a single Wii game I feel is underrated.
Mr-Espresso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mr-Espresso
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

I liked 'Disaster: Day of Crisis', but US gamers never saw that game as far as I'm aware. It had some really interesting ideas and mix of styles.

so_hai
I plan to pick this game up once i have some money, looks really good.
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts
Tales of Symphonia 2
AmazingGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AmazingGaming
Member since 2010 • 350 Posts

Yeah I remember playing that game a bit. Very interesting concept, but I really didn't enjoy playing it much.

lazyathew
Same for me. Love the idea but gameplay was meh.
barren_176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 barren_176
Member since 2011 • 1441 Posts
Tales of Symphonia 2SonicNextGen2
Same here. That game was fun to play.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire

db wofdbwof2

Easily for me, Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire. I admit, the game starts off a bit slow but once you get the double jump ability, it opens up alot. Motion+ could help this game out alot and it could be a great series. A sequel with M+ and Coop Multiplayer would make this game great.

ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts
Hard to say..... Endless ocean was great, but so was Tales of Symphonia 2. I'm not sure which I would pick over the other.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#14 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Red Steel 2

There is no other game you can find you can get this experience on , and it looks like there won't ever be another game like Red Steel 2 that was so physically stimulating, action packed, and motion controlled for this entire generation of gaming. Best improved sequel the Wii has ever had, terrific cel shaded visuals.

Red Steel 2 is an underrated fps, even among wii titles.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#15 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Probably my least favorite in the series, but I still found it to be pretty fun.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#16 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Red Steel 2

There is no other game you can find you can get this experience on , and it looks like there won't ever be another game like Red Steel 2 that was so physically stimulating, action packed, and motion controlled for this entire generation of gaming. Best improved sequel the Wii has ever had, terrific cel shaded visuals.

wiifan001

Red Steel 2 is freaking awesome. The controls just make it so fun to play, it's definitley one of the most criminally underrated FPA (first person action) games this gen. If they ever made a Red Steel 3 (please, please, please make it happen) there are a few kinks to work out, but I'd definitley be pumped for it.

Anyways, one of my fav games that not alot of people know about/ like is Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles the Crystal Bearers. Awesome gameplay and alot of content to go through if you are a completionist. I will admit it's not for everyone.

Another game that is underrated is Silent Hill Shattered Memories. In all of these threads I see about the best story this gen, I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention this game, despite being very deep, compelling and emotional, not to mention loaded with symbolism, metaphors and psychology.

peach79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 peach79
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

Easy. Zack and Wiki. CRIMINALY underrated.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Silent Hill Shattered Memories. One of the best games I've played in the last few years. Easily the most compelling combination of story, atmosphere, and exploration I've ever seen.
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 turtlethetaffer

Silent Hill Shattered Memories. One of the best games I've played in the last few years. Easily the most compelling combination of story, atmosphere, and exploration I've ever seen.meetroid8

Nah, Majora's Mask beats it in that regard, but SHSM is one damn fine game. So many metaphors, symbols and a ton of real life psychology packed in. I reccomend this game to anyone looking for a game that actually deserves a "Mature" rating.

Gam3r29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gam3r29
Member since 2011 • 37 Posts
i think sonic unleashed is a LITTLE uderrated, considering the fact that the daytime levels are awesome.
jetstopia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 jetstopia
Member since 2009 • 835 Posts

I'm going to throw a vote over for Tales of Symphonia. I first started playing it on Gamecube and it became a close second favourite (behind Wind Waker).

I also like Boom Blox 1 and 2 they were original and good fun

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

I thought Deadly Creatures was okay. The setting and such was unique but it was kind of a standard brawler. I guess my picks would be Red Steel 2, Boom Blox 2, Bit.Trip Runner, and Smarty Pants.

emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

Muramasa: the Demon blade its so visually stunning but I feel it was forgotten pretty fast.

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
Muramasa. Great 2d action rpg. some of the best visuals on any system ever.
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

Little. King's. Story.

End of Line.

Undead_Yakuza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Undead_Yakuza
Member since 2010 • 222 Posts

Muramasa or Madworld.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11512 Posts

there are a few games that have high 80 gamerankings scores that I feel are easily worth 9 or higher like Punch-Out!! and Donkey Kong Country Returns. I also feel that the first De Blob deserved higher scores as well

on the other hand, No More Heroes deserved no more than a 6/10. Apparently quirky style and crude humor makes a great game these days. Bad gameplay and pacing doesn't bring down the score.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#28 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
Both Muramasa and Madworld.
punchacku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 punchacku
Member since 2003 • 278 Posts

Red Steel 2

wiifan001

Red steel two is my favorite wii game! Its the only one that used the motion controls exactly as i think nintendo wanted them to be used. This game is fun....everyone should play it. It looks like borderlands graphically which is also very comic book which i love.

ChaosRiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ChaosRiku
Member since 2011 • 29 Posts
Dragon Quest Swords
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33098 Posts

i think sonic unleashed is a LITTLE uderrated, considering the fact that the daytime levels are awesome.Gam3r29

The daytime levels are repetitive, but there better then the werehog levels.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Sonic and the Secret Rings for me.God I love that game.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

[QUOTE="Gam3r29"]i think sonic unleashed is a LITTLE uderrated, considering the fact that the daytime levels are awesome.super600

The daytime levels are repetitive, but there better then the werehog levels.

Shockingly, I tend to like the Platforming in the Werehog levels. The only reason people say the daytime stages were better is because it has side scrolling elements. Sonic is not just about blasting through side scrolling stages at full tilt. That is what has been wrong with alot of the recent titles. Sonic is a platformer first, the speed is an bonus to the game. I did like the daytime stages but the platforming in the nighttime stages was actually better in my opinion. The Werehog could've been done better though or taken out and just given him night stages with loads of platforming.
AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts
Someone else in here had mentioned Final Fantasy the Crystal Bearers - I second that notion. Also, a couple of you have mentioned Muramasa. I'm also putting Fragile (it has its flaws, but I still enjoyed it) and *gasp!* Valhalla Knights - not saying you have to like it, I simply think it is better than any review I have read has made it out to be.
riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#35 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

Fire emblem radiant dawn.. One of my most favourite Wii game

killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 killzonexbox
Member since 2010 • 3019 Posts
Okami and madworld .
i_vitali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 i_vitali
Member since 2005 • 52 Posts

I have to say Rogue Trooper - The Quartz Zone Massacre. I know its an XBOX port, but i never had an xbox, and i really loved this game! Good actions, humor and voice acting.

Screen

screen 2

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Michael0134567

I have to say Rogue Trooper - The Quartz Zone Massacre. I know its an XBOX port, but i never had an xbox, and i really loved this game! Good actions, humor and voice acting.

Screen

screen 2

i_vitali

You can get it on the Wii?

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 turtlethetaffer

Okami and madworld .killzonexbox

Okami isn't underrated; it's just tha not alot of people should play it. Which is a shame because it is one of the best games ever, no questions asked.

i_vitali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 i_vitali
Member since 2005 • 52 Posts

[QUOTE="i_vitali"]

Michael0134567

I have it, so yes! :P From what i have seen it look slightly better on the Wii than it did on Xbox.

here: http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/roguetrooperquartzzonemassacre/index.html?tag=result%3Btitle%3B0

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="i_vitali"]

i_vitali

I have it, so yes! :P From what i have seen it look slightly better on the Wii than it did on Xbox.

here: http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/roguetrooperquartzzonemassacre/index.html?tag=result%3Btitle%3B0

Haha,thanks for telling me :).
ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
Underrated games huh, for me it would be Fragile Dreams: Farewell ruins of the moon. I loved that game, the story and characters were some of my favorite this gen. The voice overs where also good. Rune Factory Frontier, I don't think I've heard many people talk about this game.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Of the games I have for the wii I would have to say....Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World (Knights of Ratatosk) IN MY OPIONUN the story was great, the game play was great, they could have done better withthe monster taming thing but it was still good. They could have also gotten a better voice actor but...meeeh! Oh yeah, a longer story would be nice too but still I got aleast 100 some hours of game play on my file from doing everything I wanted to.

Also Metriod the Other M is also a good game, again in my opinoun. I understand that after fans seing her as being mute through out the Metriod seris that it is a real shock to see her talk, but COME ON! She is human after all, and humans have voices and emotions. I won't lie. they sorta over did it with the emotion part, but hey it didn't ruin the game or the story. Also put yourself in her shoes (or space boots) and think, wouldn't you get emotional if you saw a clone of the exact thing that killed your parents? All in all I say it's a good game.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
[QUOTE="ShuichiChamp24"]Underrated games huh, for me it would be Fragile Dreams: Farewell ruins of the moon. I loved that game, the story and characters were some of my favorite this gen. The voice overs where also good. Rune Factory Frontier, I don't think I've heard many people talk about this game.

about time someone says Fragile Dreams: Farewell ruins of the moon one of the best stories on the wii it has a great story, great music and one of the most beautiful games on the wii sure the combat was ok but fun and most reviewer were very harsh on it or skipped it
emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

Someone else in here had mentioned Final Fantasy the Crystal Bearers - I second that notion. Also, a couple of you have mentioned Muramasa. I'm also putting Fragile (it has its flaws, but I still enjoyed it) and *gasp!* Valhalla Knights - not saying you have to like it, I simply think it is better than any review I have read has made it out to be. AtelierFan

I really want to get Valhalla knights to give it a chance, but I haven't found it in any store. To the internet!!! (I want fragile too).

AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AtelierFan
[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"][QUOTE="ShuichiChamp24"]Underrated games huh, for me it would be Fragile Dreams: Farewell ruins of the moon. I loved that game, the story and characters were some of my favorite this gen. The voice overs where also good. Rune Factory Frontier, I don't think I've heard many people talk about this game.

about time someone says Fragile Dreams: Farewell ruins of the moon one of the best stories on the wii it has a great story, great music and one of the most beautiful games on the wii sure the combat was ok but fun and most reviewer were very harsh on it or skipped it

Ya' know... that was the first Wii game I purchased - I don't know why I didn't mention it!!!! :)
AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AtelierFan

[QUOTE="AtelierFan"]Someone else in here had mentioned Final Fantasy the Crystal Bearers - I second that notion. Also, a couple of you have mentioned Muramasa. I'm also putting Fragile (it has its flaws, but I still enjoyed it) and *gasp!* Valhalla Knights - not saying you have to like it, I simply think it is better than any review I have read has made it out to be. emirblade

I really want to get Valhalla knights to give it a chance, but I haven't found it in any store. To the internet!!! (I want fragile too).

Yeah... it is cheap now and I think it is a decent/good dungeon crawl/hack and slash game. Not the best game ever, but by far better than the 2's it was getting. (Honestly, I would give a 7.0)
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#49 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

of the games ive played/own...id have to say Metroid Other M

peach79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 peach79
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

YUCK!!! Metroid Other M?!?! That game was disgusting and a betrayal to the awesome character of Samus Aran.