Monster Hunter Tri U. General discussion / Player List !! Lets get hunting !!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

HR3 ... Woot.

Rathalos set finished and just after one Lagia Horn so i can finish my Boots off a Lagia set.

How many hours has everyone clocked up thus far? Myself 50.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#352 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

dobzilian

54 and I'm about to fight Brachydios. I haven't even touched multiplayer yet. I was just focusing on upgrading all 6 of my dual swords weapons.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Oh noooo vangis was one of my favorite sets, but maybe now they made Alatreon set armor good?aroxx_ab

We will have to wait for G-Rank to get Vangis with a default Sharpness +1 skill. :\
Alatreon's set is pretty much the same as the one from Tri.

dobzilian

156:35
I spent waaaaaay too much time trying to get a Lagiacrus plate in low rank. :P

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 thetravman

156:35
I spent waaaaaay too much time trying to get a Lagiacrus plate in low rank. :P

ANIMEguy10034

Wow, and the game has only been out for 264 hours.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

What/where is the most efficient place to farm Carptenterbugs?

I think I need some Killer Beetles too.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 ANIMEguy10034
I found most of my Carpenterbugs in D.Island and Sandy Plains. Killer Beetles in Flooded Forest and Volcano.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 moltenix

Are there any maps out there showing the resource locations for each region?

Are they pretty much the same locations as in Tri or did they move some locations around? I could always just use a map from Tri if its pretty much the same.

Edit: Nevermind. Found everything I needed to know on the MH Wikia. :D

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 dobzilian
I'm liking the new species. Purp Ludroth, new specie of barrioth and pink rathalos all fun to fight. My team got PWNED by pink Rathalos right at the end of the battle.... Bad times.
towny_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#359 towny_
Member since 2012 • 125 Posts

I have one question before purchasing:

I know that the game isn't much like the demo because the game focuses on crafting and progression and lot more. But in the demo I find myself whacking a monster with a sword for about 15 minutes, and still it's not dying. Is this like the full game? 

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 ANIMEguy10034
Yeah. Monsters take a while to die and you don't get any indication of how much health it has until it's very weak (limping).
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#361 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
been practicing with the bow. i'd like to have a peco bow for the fire attacks, but i'm too lazy to farm flintstones, and since i can already hunt the lagiacrus, i might as well wait for a rathalos. i should check the trees for the switch axe and bow.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#362 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I'm liking the new species. Purp Ludroth, new specie of barrioth and pink rathalos all fun to fight. My team got PWNED by pink Rathalos right at the end of the battle.... Bad times.dobzilian

Oh dear god, pink rathalos is BAD A$$, he put up a real challenge to me. I go through full stack of antidote to beat him lol

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 thetravman

I'm convinced to get the Mosgharl armour however it's going to be a long and annoying grind. I think I need 24 bumblepunkins which, by my knowledge, you can only get by trading 5 star commodities in the village. I got 10 and keeping a lookout on the forecast (any monster at night above rathian is 5 star quality). Annoying thing is that I sometimes get nothing. However capturing them sometimes gives me more than 1 commodity.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 moltenix

I have one question before purchasing:

I know that the game isn't much like the demo because the game focuses on crafting and progression and lot more. But in the demo I find myself whacking a monster with a sword for about 15 minutes, and still it's not dying. Is this like the full game? 

towny_

Depending on your gear and skill against a particular monster, it can take a lot longer to kill some monsters. Maximum time to complete a quest (for most quests) is 50 minutes though.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 moltenix

For those with the 3DS version, how do you manage the underwater fights? Any tips?

Fought Gobul for the first time in 3U last night and got destroyed. I wound up killing it but it was a grueling process. Then again, I never really liked fighting Gobul but that was such an embarassing fight.

The camera controls using the L button and touchscreen D-pad on the ground work well. Still feels very awkward underwater in the heat of battle though.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 BrunoBRS

For those with the 3DS version, how do you manage the underwater fights? Any tips?

Fought Gobul for the first time in 3U last night and got destroyed. I wound up killing it but it was a grueling process. Then again, I never really liked fighting Gobul but that was such an embarassing fight.

The camera controls using the L button and touchscreen D-pad on the ground work well. Still feels very awkward underwater in the heat of battle though.

moltenix
hardly have any problems with the camera underwater when i have target camera activated.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 dobzilian

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]I'm liking the new species. Purp Ludroth, new specie of barrioth and pink rathalos all fun to fight. My team got PWNED by pink Rathalos right at the end of the battle.... Bad times.aroxx_ab

Oh dear god, pink rathalos is BAD A$$, he put up a real challenge to me. I go through full stack of antidote to beat him lol

We was doing awesome our party was with 3x Long Sword users and I using my Sword and Shield. It got annoyed when we chopped off its tail and blew fire up our àsses and decimated the 3 Long Sword users in one fowl swoop while i was pansying behind my shield lol.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 ANIMEguy10034

been practicing with the bow. i'd like to have a peco bow for the fire attacks, but i'm too lazy to farm flintstones, and since i can already hunt the lagiacrus, i might as well wait for a rathalos. i should check the trees for the switch axe and bow.BrunoBRS
I recommend farming those flintstones. The peco bow is the best fire bow before Dire Miralis becomes available.

moltenix

Like Bruno, I have minimal problems with the camera when I have the monster targeted. It feels pretty natural to me now. I started to fully adapt to the underwater camera while farming for lagiacrus materials.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 dobzilian
heres a question. I'm always broke so how are you guys making that dough? I had like 50 Godbugs and sold 20 of them and a large amount of rathian scales so i sold quite lot of those. Any better ways to make some decent money?
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 moltenix

Like Bruno, I have minimal problems with the camera when I have the monster targeted. It feels pretty natural to me now. I started to fully adapt to the underwater camera while farming for lagiacrus materials.

ANIMEguy10034

Hmm, maybe i'm just bad at fighting Gobul then. I never really liked him or his armor. :P

I'll be fighting Lagi next so hopefully things go better.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]been practicing with the bow. i'd like to have a peco bow for the fire attacks, but i'm too lazy to farm flintstones, and since i can already hunt the lagiacrus, i might as well wait for a rathalos. i should check the trees for the switch axe and bow.ANIMEguy10034

I recommend farming those flintstones. The peco bow is the best fire bow before Dire Miralis becomes available

you sure? i'm looking at arko nulo (R) and it has 140 fire damage and 5% affinity, not to mention pierce lv3 at 3 charges and a focus arc shot. and the yellow one is insane. 300 lightning.
heres a question. I'm always broke so how are you guys making that dough? I had like 50 Godbugs and sold 20 of them and a large amount of rathian scales so i sold quite lot of those. Any better ways to make some decent money?dobzilian
send your fishing boats on treasure hunts, sell the spoils? always thought that was how you dealt with it. though i'm running out of resources >.>
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Hey guys, need some help.

I keep getting the 0612 error code when I try to join a game online in MH3U. I can host my own room but no one joins. I can play arena, etc but no one joins me. I get this 0612 error a lot on my 3DS with MK7. I can fix it by sometimes resetting my router but it often comes back within 30 minutes of this reset.

I have a password with a capital letter, numbers, etc. I don't have my 3DS/Wii U set up in DMZ but I've heard mixed results on this. I did not have this issue however at my brother-in-law's house with his NetGear router. I'm using ******.

Any tips? I've had Nintendo try to fix the issue in the past by virtually taking control of my PC but they couldn't even fix it. Suggestions? I really want to get in on some online Monster Hunting.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 ANIMEguy10034

you sure? i'm looking at arko nulo (R) and it has 140 fire damage and 5% affinity, not to mention pierce lv3 at 3 charges and a focus arc shot. and the yellow one is insane. 300 lightning.BrunoBRS
Arku Nulo (R) is pretty good at first, but it doesn't compare with the peco bow when upgraded. Pierce will be most useful for Lagiacrus, but not for the smaller monsters weak to fire.
The Arku (Y) line is amazing and (W) is an awesome ice bow for Jhen Mohran.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 thetravman

heres a question. I'm always broke so how are you guys making that dough? I had like 50 Godbugs and sold 20 of them and a large amount of rathian scales so i sold quite lot of those. Any better ways to make some decent money?dobzilian

I've been making large amounts by obtaining eggs and jewels from the ships. Crown+jewel racks up a decent amount.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] you sure? i'm looking at arko nulo (R) and it has 140 fire damage and 5% affinity, not to mention pierce lv3 at 3 charges and a focus arc shot. and the yellow one is insane. 300 lightning.ANIMEguy10034

Arku Nulo (R) is pretty good at first, but it doesn't compare with the peco bow when upgraded. Pierce will be most useful for Lagiacrus, but not for the smaller monsters weak to fire.
The Arku (Y) line is amazing and (W) is an awesome ice bow for Jhen Mohran.

well here's the thing, i already get fire damage from my switch axe. i'm not even sure why i want a fire bow.
CcJj09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 CcJj09
Member since 2007 • 15268 Posts

Made it to HR3 tonight! Took on some of the sub species for the first time. They were trickier than I thought they'd be.

Nitrowing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 Nitrowing
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts

Made it to HR3 tonight! Took on some of the sub species for the first time. They were trickier than I thought they'd be.

CcJj09

Grats on reaching HR3 it only gets better the higher you go up.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 dobzilian

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]heres a question. I'm always broke so how are you guys making that dough? I had like 50 Godbugs and sold 20 of them and a large amount of rathian scales so i sold quite lot of those. Any better ways to make some decent money?thetravman

I've been making large amounts by obtaining eggs and jewels from the ships. Crown+jewel racks up a decent amount.

i do that all the time but i still seem not to be quite flush.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 aroxx_ab

I have not really money problems, most because i don't make gear so frequency.

In Wii version "Monster hunter Tri", best money way was the event quest "poached wyvern eggs", gave about 20-60k+ . Not sure if that quest is in Ultimate tho.

Atm i do "Royal pain" quest (offline capture quest that take about 3min...) to get "Quality sponge" which i turn in for 1000 res!!!! and sell rest of the reward, that pretty good compared to free hunt big monsters which not always up that give 1000res.

Good is if you have the skill Capture master so you get more reward items from captures too:D

Later on money is not problem when you kinda sell all things you get from rewards but rare stuff.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 dobzilian

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]heres a question. I'm always broke so how are you guys making that dough? I had like 50 Godbugs and sold 20 of them and a large amount of rathian scales so i sold quite lot of those. Any better ways to make some decent money?aroxx_ab

In Wii version "Monster hunter Tri", best money way was the event quest "poached wyvern eggs", gave about 20-60k+ . Not sure if that quest is in Ultimate tho.

Atm i do "Royal pain" quest (offline capture quest that take about 3min...) to get "Quality sponge" which i turn in for 1000 res!!!! and sell rest of the reward, that pretty good compared to free hunt big monsters which not always up that give 1000res.

Good is if you have the skill Capture master so you get more reward items from captures too:D

Later on money is not problem when you kinda sell all things you get from rewards but rare stuff.

Think i will try this on out. I get some cash behind me (got about 100k atm) but as soon as i start purchasing new gear as i'm bit of a gear-whore i end up spending all my money then end up being broke again. Good news is though i had my nephew here for the last several days so been allowing him to do all the farming and fighting the easier monsters. Ohhhhh and i'm in love with my spear and shield. I dont see no one using these babies online really or heard / seen anyone talking about them. Love chasing a monster when theyre limping away.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 aroxx_ab

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]heres a question. I'm always broke so how are you guys making that dough? I had like 50 Godbugs and sold 20 of them and a large amount of rathian scales so i sold quite lot of those. Any better ways to make some decent money?dobzilian

Think i will try this on out. I get some cash behind me (got about 100k atm) but as soon as i start purchasing new gear as i'm bit of a gear-whore i end up spending all my money then end up being broke again. Good news is though i had my nephew here for the last several days so been allowing him to do all the farming and fighting the easier monsters. Ohhhhh and i'm in love with my spear and shield. I dont see no one using these babies online really or heard / seen anyone talking about them. Love chasing a monster when theyre limping away.

Hehe ok i got about 250k, i always need rare stuff so it is much killing in between i can actually upgrade my stuff.  Now i need get 4x Lagi horns+, so bad luck with droprate :(

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 dobzilian

[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

aroxx_ab

Hehe ok i got about 250k, i always need rare stuff so it is much killing in between i can actually upgrade my stuff.  Now i need get 4x Lagi horns+, so bad luck with droprate :(

I'm in need of 3x Lagi Horns also. I feel that bit of pain for you dude i really do.
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 thetravman

The last cutscene after finishing the last urgent village quest made me laugh. It was a nice throwback to the original introduction scene in Tri.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 ANIMEguy10034

The last cutscene after finishing the last urgent village quest made me laugh. It was a nice throwback to the original introduction scene in Tri.

thetravman
I absolutely agree.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 dobzilian
so when is the update in april? any confirmed date.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 BrunoBRS
i got water covered with my bow, and fire and lightning with my switch axes. is there any reason to invest on an ice element weapon, or any status? preferrably bows, i want more and more reasons to play them lol.
45dragoons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 45dragoons
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

here is my hunter vixi in her best outfit yet. :D had to make her look god for the camra. :3 I need help hunting black blos online.  also need to find people who I can grind monsters with I seem to be rather lucky.. got 5 dios gems in like 5 hours of grinding on him. in one day. and that's not just hunting just him that was like taking like 15 min breaks and fighting other monsters.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 BrunoBRS

here is my hunter vixi in her best outfit yet. :D had to make her look god for the camra. :3 I need help hunting black blos online.  also need to find people who I can grind monsters with I seem to be rather lucky.. got 5 dios gems in like 5 hours of grinding on him. in one day. and that's not just hunting just him that was like taking like 15 min breaks and fighting other monsters.

45dragoons
she... is kinda chubby :P
45dragoons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 45dragoons
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
angle really. I didn't want to get a good picture.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 BrunoBRS
angle really. I didn't want to get a good picture. 45dragoons
could've blamed the dress :P
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 ANIMEguy10034

i got water covered with my bow, and fire and lightning with my switch axes. is there any reason to invest on an ice element weapon, or any status? preferrably bows, i want more and more reasons to play them lol.BrunoBRS
You'll need ice for Jhen, and maybe Alatreon. I know Zinogre is weak to ice as well.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i got water covered with my bow, and fire and lightning with my switch axes. is there any reason to invest on an ice element weapon, or any status? preferrably bows, i want more and more reasons to play them lol.ANIMEguy10034

You'll need ice for Jhen, and maybe Alatreon. I know Zinogre is weak to ice as well.

aren't they weaker to dragon though?

and what about status, like paralysis/stun/whatever-have-you and poison? are they worth the investment?

CcJj09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 CcJj09

Made it to HR 4 today! And I also got 2 Bracchidios gems out of it. 1 for the carve and 1 in the quest rewards. I remember from trying to get Gems from Rathian in the Wii version that they are extremely rare :P.

Nitrowing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 Nitrowing
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts

Made it to HR 4 today! And I also got 2 Bracchidios gems out of it. 1 for the carve and 1 in the quest rewards. I remember from trying to get Gems from Rathian in the Wii version that they are extremely rare :P.

CcJj09

Wow 2 gems off him you are very lucky I been farming him for awhile and no gems. 

CcJj09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 CcJj09

and what about status, like paralysis/stun/whatever-have-you and poison? are they worth the investment?

BrunoBRS

I have a paralysis hammer and I'd say its worth it. Its like having a free shock trap.

Sleep also seems usefull. Although when I've witnessed it happen online someone usually hits the monster and wakes it up before others can lay some bombs down.

CcJj09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 CcJj09

[QUOTE="CcJj09"]

Nitrowing

Wow 2 gems off him you are very lucky I been farming him for awhile and no gems.

Yeah I thought about making the armor with them since I got the hardest to get pieces, but it seems the only resistance you get from it is fire (which I already have with my Rathian armor). I'll have to look up what the skills do and see if they are any better though.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 ANIMEguy10034

aren't they weaker to dragon though?

BrunoBRS

Jhen is a tiny bit more weaker to dragon, but dragon is hard to get early on. Alatreon is weakest to dragon in the air. On the ground, it is weakest to ice. Zinogre is weakest to ice. Oh, I almost forgot about Diablos. He's also weakest to ice.

Status weapons can be very useful, especially if you're sleep bombing a monster or poisoning Uragaan. I don't use them as much since I can dish out more damage using elemental weapons.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] aren't they weaker to dragon though?

ANIMEguy10034

Jhen is a tiny bit more weaker to dragon, but dragon is hard to get early on. Alatreon is weakest to dragon in the air. On the ground, it is weakest to ice. Zinogre is weakest to ice. Oh, I almost forgot about Diablos. He's also weakest to ice.

Status weapons can be very useful, especially if you're sleep bombing a monster or poisoning Uragaan. I don't use them as much since I can dish out more damage using elemental weapons.

well i'm playing mostly solo, playing on the 3DS and all that (every few weekends i can get to play local MP with a friend), so i doubt group stuff is something i should worry about :P it's just that i want a new bow (and a new armor set for it), but nothing is really appealing to where i am right now (just killed that lizard/armadillo hybrid), so instead i upgraded my Ludroth bow as much as i can without needing high rank stuff, and upgraded my ludroth armor to keep me from getting one-shotted. meanwhile, on the switch axe front, my peco and lagia axes are both in pretty good shape (BTW how important is elemental damage to switch axes?), and i'm still wearing the wroggi set for the same reasons i'm still wearing the ludroth gunner set.
svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#399 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Ive killed Rathian 5 times now and till no R Plate. Grr. Otherwise I would have the whole armor set!

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 thetravman

Ive killed Rathian 5 times now and till no R Plate. Grr. Otherwise I would have the whole armor set!

svaubel

I've hunted and killed Brachydios 16 times and still no gem for armour set. His rage mode is so irritating.