Monster Hunter Tri U. General discussion / Player List !! Lets get hunting !!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#301 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
carpenter bugs are a pain to find.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#302 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts
carpenter bugs are a pain to find.BrunoBRS
I've got about 30.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]carpenter bugs are a pain to find.dobzilian
I've got about 30.

well i had to run to moga woods about 5 times before i got the 3 i needed for my wroggi armor >.> BUT THE SET IS COMPLETE :D
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 dobzilian
[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]carpenter bugs are a pain to find.BrunoBRS
I've got about 30.

well i had to run to moga woods about 5 times before i got the 3 i needed for my wroggi armor >.> BUT THE SET IS COMPLETE :D

Nice. All that i have is the Barroth set currently. Its Fugly though so gonna have a look later on for something more Sexeh!!
Nitrowing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 Nitrowing
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts

Man im loving the online currently HR3 working on HR4 with my hunting horn. Some of the monsters are getting hard to fight which i like.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 BrunoBRS
anyone has a bow suggestion? i'm going for the ludroth gunner set, since it has the stamina skill (and looks nice). i'll be using the bow mostly on multiplayer, so keep that in mind.
45dragoons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 45dragoons
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
can some one tell me if the high rank, g rank, and low rank armors all have different skills? and if any of them can be upgraded to the next level or not like in tri. for easyer clairifaction, say low rank leather armor can up grade it to have the same rarity as high rank armor with the same def but different skill points.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="45dragoons"]can some one tell me if the high rank, g rank, and low rank armors all have different skills? and if any of them can be upgraded to the next level or not like in tri. for easyer clairifaction, say low rank leather armor can up grade it to have the same rarity as high rank armor with the same def but different skill points.

i can't confirm, but i'm willing to bet that high rank is, like in tri, an upgraded version of low rank (same skills with better numbers and possibly with new skills), and that G rank follows the same pattern. i also doubt you can upgrade a low rank armor to high rank, since it would cut the farming considerably, which is the opposite of what MH is about.
45dragoons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 45dragoons
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="45dragoons"]can some one tell me if the high rank, g rank, and low rank armors all have different skills? and if any of them can be upgraded to the next level or not like in tri. for easyer clairifaction, say low rank leather armor can up grade it to have the same rarity as high rank armor with the same def but different skill points.

i can't confirm, but i'm willing to bet that high rank is, like in tri, an upgraded version of low rank (same skills with better numbers and possibly with new skills), and that G rank follows the same pattern. i also doubt you can upgrade a low rank armor to high rank, since it would cut the farming considerably, which is the opposite of what MH is about.

in MHtri you could do that just need materials to do it from high rank monsters. because in tri I wore cudues+ top and armors and upgraded low ranks of the legs and waist and had the skills HG earplugs and sharpness+1 with none of the down side effects. and I used the helm and charms to add a third skill with no downsides. I am wondering if this level of combination will be present in this game.
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

[QUOTE="45dragoons"]can some one tell me if the high rank, g rank, and low rank armors all have different skills? and if any of them can be upgraded to the next level or not like in tri. for easyer clairifaction, say low rank leather armor can up grade it to have the same rarity as high rank armor with the same def but different skill points.BrunoBRS

In tri, the high rank version of the armor would not have the same skills as its lower counterpart. Usually they have at least one same skill but other than that, they are different. And you can upgrade your low rank armour to high rank after you fully upgraded but you will need to farm more materials, so it's essentially like forging a new set of armor. After that, they will have the same defenses as their higher rank counterpart, just with the different skills.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 dobzilian
HR1 complete. smashed lagi 3x's on the trot.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 dobzilian
who uses bombs by the way? I keep using the bombs after setting traps and also against monsters in the water. I noticed if you time it correctly against enemies like Lagi you can keep stunning him every time he goes to roar and attack with the ones which propel them in water. I found this really useful as i just kept on stunning him while my team battered him for the first several minutes.
Nitrowing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 Nitrowing

who uses bombs by the way? I keep using the bombs after setting traps and also against monsters in the water. I noticed if you time it correctly against enemies like Lagi you can keep stunning him every time he goes to roar and attack with the ones which propel them in water. I found this really useful as i just kept on stunning him while my team battered him for the first several minutes.dobzilian

I agree with you that bombs are very useful when used correctly in a group, but in most pug groups they will ignore that you are planting bombs and they will strike making it explode and doing damage to the whole group. For me the best time to plant bombs is to make the monster fall asleep and everyone plants their bombs and then boom so much damage done.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 BrunoBRS
who uses bombs by the way? I keep using the bombs after setting traps and also against monsters in the water. I noticed if you time it correctly against enemies like Lagi you can keep stunning him every time he goes to roar and attack with the ones which propel them in water. I found this really useful as i just kept on stunning him while my team battered him for the first several minutes.dobzilian
i know how to use them somewhat, and i use them provided i'm given them to use. otherwise i don't bother bringing them.
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

I'm a bomb fanatic when it comes to Alatreon. Bounce bomb the wings, sleep bombing the horns, use Uragaan armour to boost my bombing damage, and carrying all the necessities to make more bombs. That is why I'm stocking up on so many staggerfish, but I realized that you can buy them in a market at the port. So many wasted boat trips.

Outside of bombing horns and other hard surfaced body parts, I see no point in bombing unless you're carrying a sleep weapon.

45dragoons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 45dragoons
I love to call them torpedoes and say fire tube one! fire tube two! lol yeah it dos the same thing in tri, and bombs are fun if the whole group is on the same page. if you just want to break its horns then focus on the rest of the monster.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]who uses bombs by the way? I keep using the bombs after setting traps and also against monsters in the water. I noticed if you time it correctly against enemies like Lagi you can keep stunning him every time he goes to roar and attack with the ones which propel them in water. I found this really useful as i just kept on stunning him while my team battered him for the first several minutes.Nitrowing

I agree with you that bombs are very useful when used correctly in a group, but in most pug groups they will ignore that you are planting bombs and they will strike making it explode and doing damage to the whole group. For me the best time to plant bombs is to make the monster fall asleep and everyone plants their bombs and then boom so much damage done.

Call me the mad Bomber Lol I love using bombs lol I'll set bombs right in front of the monsters mouth and attack it right there, of course since I'm a lancer, I can block in time to not catch the explosion whilst being right in the midst of it lol it's a great joy
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Yep. I'm at the point where I need a tail that I can not cut. My only-bow playthrough is now ruined. Damn you, DevilJho, and your unreachable tail! :x

45dragoons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 45dragoons
QUESTION. can USA and Canada play together on this game??
CcJj09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 CcJj09
Member since 2007 • 15268 Posts

carpenter bugs are a pain to find.BrunoBRS
I am also suffering through this to get the Azuros armor :P.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 dobzilian
rathalos gear looks pretty.... almost got all items but firestones... bad times.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 ANIMEguy10034

QUESTION. can USA and Canada play together on this game??45dragoons

Yes, they can. :)

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#323 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Guys, I think I'm in love with the Great Wroggi set.

Bad ass looking + awesome skills + easily able to gem in speed sharpening. Sooooo good.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 nini200
QUESTION. can USA and Canada play together on this game??45dragoons
They should be able to as they are both North America
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 nini200

Here's my Hunter as of the moment.

Angel

My Angel

I was going to make a show off your hunter thread but I didn't know if it was worth it since we already have this thread.

So... SHOW OFF YOUR HUNTERS!!!!! :D

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 ANIMEguy10034

I decided to start with the female hunter this time. Pfft, who needs HD? :P (...I do...)

Solana

100 5574

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 BrunoBRS
tried taking a picture, but alas, bad phone camera + 3DS screen = no no :P
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 BrunoBRS

I decided to start with the female hunter this time. Pfft, who needs HD? :P (...I do...)

Solana

100 5574

ANIMEguy10034
dat broken pic :P
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 ANIMEguy10034

dat broken pic :PBrunoBRS
You should have seen the one taken from my phone. My hunter looked like a tall, blurry pile of super-sized dung. :P

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 nini200
[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

Solana

100 5574

BrunoBRS
dat broken pic :P

Nah it's just Invisible Cloaking Armor :P
45dragoons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 45dragoons
ADD ,me 45dragoons :D got the game and wii
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] dat broken pic :PANIMEguy10034

You should have seen the one taken from my phone. My hunter looked like a tall, blurry pile of super-sized dung. :P

i mean it's not loading lol.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 nini200
ADD ,me 45dragoons :D got the game and wii45dragoons
Cool I'll add ya
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 ANIMEguy10034

i mean it's not loading lol.BrunoBRS
oh... cough ...I knew that... lol

1024.jpg?md=1364352362000

nini's reply makes more sense now :lol:

CcJj09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 CcJj09

If anyone wants to add me its CcJj09. I just started playing online so I'm only HR1 atm. Its been awhile since I've played online in Tri Wii, so I forget if you just have to complete all the quests at your current HR level to go up a rank.

45dragoons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 45dragoons

how do i even join people on online mode do i have to wait for that update to finish i had when i first started my game?

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 dobzilian
niblesnauf is such a epic battle. got majority of my items for Rathalos set now i just need to make some cash as i'm broke as a joke as per usual.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 BrunoBRS
can anyone tell me if each arrow from spread and rapid shots does full damage, or if the "extras" only deal partial damage? can't seem to find that information anywhere. i know the charges affect the damage, and the distance affects it too, but i'm curious about what firing multiple arrows means to the damage of each arrow. so far it seems that pierce > spread > rapid. pierce just deals full damage multiple times per hit, which is awesome, especially when you land that perfect head-to-tail shot, and spread has that shotgun effect that's still effective against larger monsters from a distance, but rapid? it just seems odd to have an arrow that has follow-up arrows that most likely miss the target.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 ANIMEguy10034

I've been wondering the same and I also couldn't find a specific answer. I did learn some stuff from the Bow page of the MH Wiki, like damage outputs, but it didn't mention anything about the extra arrows dealing partial or full damage.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 BrunoBRS

I've been wondering the same and I also couldn't find a specific answer. I did learn some stuff from the Bow page of the MH Wiki, like damage outputs, but it didn't mention anything about the extra arrows dealing partial or full damage.

ANIMEguy10034
yeah i read the whole thing. i've been more cautious about my shots (and minding my distance) since. the barroth went really smoothly with my ludroth bow. smaller monsters might prove to be a pain, since it's harder to pierce them multiple times.
45dragoons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 45dragoons

Snarf is my fave monster atm lol i finaly figured out how to do a never ending button combo with LSs which took me ages but i now know why hunting horns and duel swords are awsome :D.... i like hunting horns becuase there just a awsome buff wepon, and the duel sword well i like the weapon set of the knife and fork makes it look like your eating the monsters.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 ANIMEguy10034

My hatred for the smaller monsters has increased by 10000000x ever since I decided to only use bow. Calling them "****ing annoying" would be the understatement of the decade.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
getting a good dualsword combo on Barioth is a pain in the ass with the way he keeps leaping around everywhere.
CcJj09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 CcJj09

Got up to HR 2 tonight! *Sees Diablos is a HR2 rank monster to hunt*

Crud! I better get a good lance made. When I played Tri on the Wii I was horrible at dodging Diablos's attacks and could only kill him solo with a Sword and Shield or Lance :P.

Nitrowing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 Nitrowing

Got up to HR 2 tonight! *Sees Diablos is a HR2 rank monster to hunt*

Crud! I better get a good lance made. When I played Tri on the Wii I was horrible at dodging Diablos's attacks and could only kill him solo with a Sword and Shield or Lance :P.

CcJj09

In my opinion I believe Diablos took the biggest nerf in MH3U. In tri if he dug down everyone would of put their weapon away and run in case Diablos picked them and launched himself at them killing most.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Damn i hate Gigginox and his electro brother ...so annoyin :evil:

Cant we get poison immunity now?...armor skills is changed?:cry:

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 ANIMEguy10034

aroxx_ab

Yeah, many armors were nerfed in Ultimate to evenly distribute the skills to all the new armor sets. Vangis Armor now has Razor Sharp instead of Sharpness +1. :cry:

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

ANIMEguy10034

Yeah, many armors were nerfed in Ultimate to evenly distribute the skills to all the new armor sets. Vangis Armor now has Razor Sharp instead of Sharpness +1. :cry:

Oh noooo vangis was one of my favorite sets, but maybe now they made Alatreon set armor good?