Monster hunter direct oct 27 thursday

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

could monster hunter Switch be announced?!!

watch and find out.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@KBFloYd: I dont think, i think theyre gonna push Generations for the holidays. Monster Hunter should wait till when Nintendo announces if theyre gonna release one as itd be a BIG seller for Switch.

Maybe theyll announce Monster Hunter Stories for 3DS though and bring it to Switch. And then work on a Big regular Monster Hunter game.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KBFloYd

@iandizion713 said:

@KBFloYd: I dont think, i think theyre gonna push Generations for the holidays. Monster Hunter should wait till when Nintendo announces if theyre gonna release one as itd be a BIG seller for Switch.

Maybe theyll announce Monster Hunter Stories for 3DS though and bring it to Switch. And then work on a Big regular Monster Hunter game.

i'll bet you something switch related gets announced.

if i lose the bet ill write "ianizion is a god" in this thread with a gif of someone bowing. if i win then you have to do it for me.

bet?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iandizion713

@KBFloYd: Ill bet, but i wouldnt want you to write that. If im right, you have to buy Monster Hunter Amiibo, if your right, i have to buy Monster Hunter Amiibo. And no, i wasnt planning on buying one anyways. Muahahahaha.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KBFloYd

@iandizion713 said:

@KBFloYd: Ill bet, but i wouldnt want you to write that. If im right, you have to buy Monster Hunter Amiibo, if your right, i have to buy Monster Hunter Amiibo. And no, i wasnt planning on buying one anyways. Muahahahaha.

lol ok deal...loser has to take pic of amiibo and post it. :P

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iandizion713

@KBFloYd: Shoot, i thought you would reject it, them dang Amiibo are pricey. I didnt check before i made the bet.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

new Monster Hunter game for Wii U???? ...c'mon!!!!! :P

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#8 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@iandizion713 said:

i'll bet you something switch related gets announced.

if i lose the bet ill write "ianizion is a god" in this thread with a gif of someone bowing. if i win then you have to do it for me.

bet?

Look forward to seeing this!!!

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

Nintendo already said no more Switch news until next year, I would assume that also includes games. So I wouldn't expect to see any Switch announcement during this direct. Though I expect to see a Switch Monster Hunter announced in the not to distant future, it would be a huge pick up for the system in Japan.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

I highly doubt that they'll mention a Monster Hunter Switch, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was in development. I personally think this is a waste of a Nintendo Direct, they could at least mention when exactly we'll get more news about the Switch. I'm desperate to know what games are going to be on the system!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#11 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

If a Monster Hunter Switch does get announced?

That's the day I pre-order the Switch with no further doubts.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Sorry to burst some bubbles, but when translated (thanks gaijin hunter!), the fine print on the Direct page claims that this presentation will not show information for a Nintendo Switch or smartphone title.

Although MH5 for Switch would have been amazing, looks like we're going to get another 3DS title.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#13 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

So its the swans song for the 3DS? Make sense. PS3 had the Last Among Us and GTA 5 as its swag song. Looks like Pokemon Sun Moon and new Monster Hunter will be the closers for the 3DS before all focus is shifted to the Switch tablet.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Day 1 if there is a Monster Hunter for the Switch.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

It's on!

Edit: OK, so it was just a new 3DS Monster Hunter game? My japanese is a bit rusty, but that seems to be the case. "Monster Hunter Double X". I'm not even half finished with X (Generations) yet. Aren't they being a bit fast now?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KBFloYd

@Litchie said:

It's on!

Edit: OK, so it was just a new 3DS Monster Hunter game? My japanese is a bit rusty, but that seems to be the case. "Monster Hunter Double X". I'm not even half finished with X (Generations) yet. Aren't they being a bit fast now?

yea...was hoping for a console port of generations or something

typical capcom fashion double XX edition.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KBFloYd

@iandizion713 said:

@KBFloYd: Shoot, i thought you would reject it, them dang Amiibo are pricey. I didnt check before i made the bet.

your are my God, My lord and savior. forgive me kudasai.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iandizion713

@Litchie:I think theyre trying to treat it like expansions like Warcraft does. But i think this means we might get Generations for Switch. I agree its a lot though.

@KBFloYd: Thanks for the gif. I think were still getting game for Switch, just should be in January Switch Direct. Good to see 3DS still have insane support.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts
@superbuuman said:

new Monster Hunter game for Wii U???? ...c'mon!!!!! :P

Yes. listen to this capcom. sense is spoken here. stop the messin.

or a new one for the switch (which would pretty much make the switch a day 1 purchase. zelda and monster hunter on day one....yep time to hand over some money).

but for the love of god bring it to a console!

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#20 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

As disappointing as it is to still not see a MH game on the Switch, I certainly hope it's not ported to it. We can't have another MH3U situation. MH is too much of a niche franchise and the vast majority will much rather pick up the cheaper 3DS version on a device they already own than the clearly superior version. The Switch needs its own exclusive MH game, any multiplat port will flop again.

@Litchie: No such thing as fast in Japan :P
MHX was released Fall 2015 in Japan so this is one of the longer breaks for the annual franchise (MHStories is more of a spin-off). Usually it only takes 10-12 months. You can say they're more consistently annual than Pokemon itself.
The shortest localization period we had for a MH game was for 4U (about 4 months), so we could see MHXX/Generations "Ultimate?" by next Fall the earliest, which will be over a year since Generations so not too bad.