Monster Hunter 4 footage was playable.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
I thought this was interesting. "The Iwata Asks column was focused on Monster Hunter 3G, which Fujioka is directing. However, towards the end, Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata asked a few questions about MH4. Regarding the September video, Iwata noted that many were wondering how Capcom would be able to make the scenes shown in the video playable. While Fujioka did not share any gameplay specifics about 4, he replied that the footage was real time footage of the game being played by the staff."
pikaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 pikaby
Member since 2006 • 12720 Posts

It didn't look like an FMV anyway, so that's the only other explanation

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I can't wait to see how it'll look like in its final stages. :D

CCpotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CCpotter
Member since 2011 • 134 Posts
[QUOTE="ShuichiChamp24"]I thought this was interesting. "The Iwata Asks column was focused on Monster Hunter 3G, which Fujioka is directing. However, towards the end, Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata asked a few questions about MH4. Regarding the September video, Iwata noted that many were wondering how Capcom would be able to make the scenes shown in the video playable. While Fujioka did not share any gameplay specifics about 4, he replied that the footage was real time footage of the game being played by the staff."

Monster Hunter, definitely one of the best video game made ever!
pikaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 pikaby
Member since 2006 • 12720 Posts

Though, the way the camera switches angles is definitely not player controlled though. Who in his right mind would run forward when the camera is looking at you sideways? You can't see anything important that way.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
well of course it was playable. they were showing the cool new stuff you can do in the game. now they need to polish those visuals :P
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

Though, the way the camera switches angles is definitely not player controlled though. Who in his right mind would run forward when the camera is looking at you sideways? You can't see anything important that way.

pikaby
that's the cinematic staff picking dramatic angles from the footage.
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

Wow, that was being played by someone? I could tell they were probably using an in-game engine for the scenes, but I didn't think it was playable. I'll add this news to the 3DS Info Thread during the next update, thanks for posting about it.

Here is the MH4 trailer, for anyone that hasn't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v2hoUuJ9aM

It seems like they're trying to make the game more cinematic based on that trailer at least.

Maybe they'll call it Monster Hunter 4: Uncharted Edition. :P