Monster Hunter 3DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GoldFish-Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GoldFish-Boy
Member since 2009 • 276 Posts

I hope SO MUCH that they make one for the 3DS. I've only play Tri and I've watched videos of Portable 3d, and I think the 3DS could handle it really well.

You think it could handle it? :D

ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 ZIVX
Member since 2008 • 2981 Posts

Of course it can handle it

I'm thinking that Monster Hunter 3DS might be likely if Sony messes up their next handheld

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

I doubt it will happen the series is just to popular on the PSP

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
That could be bad for my health! I still can't put down the control with Tri but If I have the chance to carry it with me it would be so great!
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
there was a thread a couple months ago saying the same thing... i used it to explain how awfully it would control, making it almost unbearable. that is, of course, unless you like "TEH CLAW" (google it)
KronosClownz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KronosClownz
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
If my brother gets hands on this his health is gonna crush.
NintendoNite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NintendoNite
Member since 2010 • 728 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]there was a thread a couple months ago saying the same thing... i used it to explain how awfully it would control, making it almost unbearable. that is, of course, unless you like "TEH CLAW" (google it)

ive played MHFU on the psp and i have not used this claw technique ever. I just switch betweem analog and d-pad really quick whenever i need to use the camera
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LaytonsCat

there was a thread a couple months ago saying the same thing... i used it to explain how awfully it would control, making it almost unbearable. that is, of course, unless you like "TEH CLAW" (google it)BrunoBRS

that was the OoT control thread I believe

but unless Nintendo steps in there is no reason to believe there will be a Monster Hunter 3DS

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="NintendoNite"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]there was a thread a couple months ago saying the same thing... i used it to explain how awfully it would control, making it almost unbearable. that is, of course, unless you like "TEH CLAW" (google it)

ive played MHFU on the psp and i have not used this claw technique ever. I just switch betweem analog and d-pad really quick whenever i need to use the camera

i must say i'm surprised... either that or you didn't go far, because moving and controlling the camera at the same time is a must.
NintendoNite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NintendoNite
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="NintendoNite"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]there was a thread a couple months ago saying the same thing... i used it to explain how awfully it would control, making it almost unbearable. that is, of course, unless you like "TEH CLAW" (google it)

i must say i'm surprised... either that or you didn't go far, because moving and controlling the camera at the same time is a must.

im not sure what you consider far but i beat tigrex as well as doaroa kushala (sp?) as well as a few other elder dragons . And i find that if you can predict where the monster will go, you dont need to control both the camera and character at the same time. Therefore, I can avoid being hit while moving the camera with my character standing still
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

They could port it and see how it sells

It wouldn't be smart to make a brand new, or exclusive one, for 3DS until Capcom knows what kind of consumer the 3DS has in its market

Thats another thing none of us knowing how is going to play out, we can all buy units and buy some games, but we can't buy them all, one of the many hurdles for a new console is establishing good software sales. Bad software sales can kill platforms, and lets hope the 3DS follows the DS and has good third party sales, while doing better at core game sales.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]there was a thread a couple months ago saying the same thing... i used it to explain how awfully it would control, making it almost unbearable. that is, of course, unless you like "TEH CLAW" (google it)LaytonsCat

but unless Nintendo steps in there is no reason to believe there will be a Monster Hunter 3DS

Don't you mean, unless Capcom steps in?

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts

I doubt it will happen the series is just to popular on the PSP

LaytonsCat
Monster Hunter games are gobbled up by Japan. so if the 3DS is popular enough in Japan(which is pretty apparent it will be) then Capcom will most likely make one. I think the only reason they haven't made one for the DS, even though the PSP is less popular in Japan, is because you couldn't really put a Monster Hunter game on a DS due to its lack of power. But the 3DS is powerful enough to run a full blown monster hunter game and if its popular enough in Japan like every other Nintendo portable system then I think theres a good possibility. But at the same time, you never know. They could stay loyal to the PSP(maybe the PSP2 when it comes out).
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LaytonsCat

[QUOTE="LaytonsCat"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]there was a thread a couple months ago saying the same thing... i used it to explain how awfully it would control, making it almost unbearable. that is, of course, unless you like "TEH CLAW" (google it)darth-pyschosis

No I'm saying Nintendo would probably have to make a deal with Capcom to get the series on the 3DS

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

[QUOTE="LaytonsCat"]

LaytonsCat

No I'm saying Nintendo would probably have to make a deal with Capcom to get the series on the 3DS

Oh. I don't see why they'd have to go that far. I'd hope capcom would port whatever newest version or make next one on other platforms multi-platform, thus testing the Monster Hunter waters on 3DS but not cutting your profits either. Seems like an easy decision for Capcom to at least try it in Japan with the MH series there, just port it or multi-plat it.

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LaytonsCat

[QUOTE="LaytonsCat"]

darth-pyschosis

Oh. I don't see why they'd have to go that far. I'd hope capcom would port whatever newest version or make next one on other platforms multi-platform, thus testing the Monster Hunter waters on 3DS but not cutting your profits either. Seems like an easy decision for Capcom to at least try it in Japan with the MH series there, just port it or multi-plat it.

fair enough, but messing with the winning formula is a risk

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="LaytonsCat"]

LaytonsCat

they just did with Tri, and it worked. underwater combat is kinda clunky, but it adds more to the "hunter feeling". you know that water is not your dominant terrain, so you try to lure the monsters out to where you have the advantage. at least that's how i see it. and @nintendonite - i suppose you've seen the majority of the game's monsters then... honestly Tri is the only one i've played. it's downright unplayable without having to move the camera around. either the PSP monsters are stupid or you're too good :P hell, i chose greatsword as my main weapon because i didn't have to move the camera around so much and i could move it during the ridiculously slow animations for it :P and that's ignoring underwater combat. you don't get your thumb off the camera analog/Dpad even to attack. that's probably why there isn't water combat in portable 3rd.
NintendoNite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NintendoNite
[QUOTE="LaytonsCat"]

BrunoBRS

they just did with Tri, and it worked. underwater combat is kinda clunky, but it adds more to the "hunter feeling". you know that water is not your dominant terrain, so you try to lure the monsters out to where you have the advantage. at least that's how i see it. and @nintendonite - i suppose you've seen the majority of the game's monsters then... honestly Tri is the only one i've played. it's downright unplayable without having to move the camera around. either the PSP monsters are stupid or you're too good :P hell, i chose greatsword as my main weapon because i didn't have to move the camera around so much and i could move it during the ridiculously slow animations for it :P and that's ignoring underwater combat. you don't get your thumb off the camera analog/Dpad even to attack. that's probably why there isn't water combat in portable 3rd.

ah that explains it. I use the heavy bowgun so i may not need to use the camera as much as you do.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="LaytonsCat"]

NintendoNite

ah that explains it. I use the heavy bowgun so i may not need to use the camera as much as you do.

if you aim in first person, yeah. if you mostly aim in third person (i don't think anyone does, but who knows :P)... well you're a god :P