Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate March 19th release.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Like the title says NA announcement trailer has been shown. Release Date is Mach 19th.

Link

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Like the title says NA announcement trailer has been shown. Release Date is Mach 19th.

Link

Minishdriveby
Simultaneous Wii U and 3DS releases? And is there anywhere concrete that says it will be compatible with the CPP?
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

And is there anywhere concrete that says it will be compatible with the CPP?El_Zo1212o

It was the first game to support the Circle Pad Pro when it was released in Japan back in 2011.

Box_Art-MH3G_Slide_Pad_Extension_Bundle.

And yeah, the Wii U version comes out on the same day.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]And is there anywhere concrete that says it will be compatible with the CPP?ANIMEguy10034

It was the first game to support the Circle Pad Pro when it was released in Japan back in 2011.

Box_Art-MH3G_Slide_Pad_Extension_Bundle.

And yeah, the Wii U version comes out on the same day.

That's all well and good, but the Japanese version of Ace Combat also had CPP support. That's the primary reason I'm antsy about it.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i'm most likely skipping it, because if my friends were to get it, it would be the 3DS version, and the 3DS version has no online. and i love MH for the multiplayer.
NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Pretty excited, I've never played a Monster Hunter game but my friends love 'em. I'll finally try it out with the 3DS version.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i'm most likely skipping it, because if my friends were to get it, it would be the 3DS version, and the 3DS version has no online. and i love MH for the multiplayer.

Exactly. No wifi=no buy for me.
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#8 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

UK release is March 22nd for us, I'm really hyped about Monster Hunter for the 3DS and also got an Anime convention on that weekend as well. So its likely a lot of people will be playing together when it comes to hunting monsters

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i'm most likely skipping it, because if my friends were to get it, it would be the 3DS version, and the 3DS version has no online. and i love MH for the multiplayer.

I'll skip it and get the MH4 most likely.
LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJChronx
Member since 2003 • 954 Posts

I really want it, as Ive never played a MH game before and want to find out what all the fuss is about. However, im super bummed about there being no Wifi support. Thats the main feature that I was looking forward to, as I dont have any friends with a 3DS to play with locally. I dont have a Wii U yet either. Is the game still worth it for only single player?

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I just started a thread about this on the Wii U forum because I check that before this one but I might as well ask here too: I was just reading an article that said people who own both a Wii U and a 3DS will be able to transfer their save files between both systems. Will I need to own the game for both systems in order to do that?

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Euaggelistes

i'm most likely skipping it, because if my friends were to get it, it would be the 3DS version, and the 3DS version has no online. and i love MH for the multiplayer.BrunoBRS

This article says cross platform multiplayer via internet and Wifi:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-coming-to-europe-and-us-on-wii-u-and-3ds-6396402

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i'm most likely skipping it, because if my friends were to get it, it would be the 3DS version, and the 3DS version has no online. and i love MH for the multiplayer.Euaggelistes

http://www.gamespot.com/news/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-coming-to-europe-and-us-on-wii-u-and-3ds-6396402

the game's wii u version has online. the 3DS version doesn't. i'm not going to buy a second copy (not that i have a wii u in the first place) just for the online mode.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i'm most likely skipping it, because if my friends were to get it, it would be the 3DS version, and the 3DS version has no online. and i love MH for the multiplayer.

I'll skip it and get the MH4 most likely.

that's my plan.
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Euaggelistes

[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i'm most likely skipping it, because if my friends were to get it, it would be the 3DS version, and the 3DS version has no online. and i love MH for the multiplayer.BrunoBRS

the game's wii u version has online. the 3DS version doesn't. i'm not going to buy a second copy (not that i have a wii u in the first place) just for the online mode.

Will the 3DS version be Wifi compatible? If I bought the game for the Wii U and my brother got the game for the 3DS could we play together local Wifi?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

Euaggelistes

Will the 3DS version be Wifi compatible? If I bought the game for the Wii U and my brother got the game for the 3DS could we play together local Wifi?

the 3DS version can play locally with either other 3DS versions, or with a wii u version. you can also transfer your 3DS save data to the wii u version to play it online, but the 3DS version itself can't play online.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]the game's wii u version has online. the 3DS version doesn't. i'm not going to buy a second copy (not that i have a wii u in the first place) just for the online mode.BrunoBRS

the 3DS version can play locally with either other 3DS versions, or with a wii u version. you can also transfer your 3DS save data to the wii u version to play it online, but the 3DS version itself can't play online.

That's just so ridiculous.
Avatar image for Lebowski__basic
Lebowski__basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lebowski__basic
Member since 2003 • 1252 Posts
I just hope we get the black XL bundle.
Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
[QUOTE="Rod90"] That's just so ridiculous.

I agree. I didn't realize it till now, I'll wait for MH4 then :|
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#20 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Never really enjoyed Tri on the Wii to the max since playing with strangers wasn't as fun as I thought it'd be. Planning to get this since my friends want this game badly. Any news on Monster Hunter 4 though? Has it been confirmed to be released outside of Japan?
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ANIMEguy10034
Has it been confirmed to be released outside of Japan?Kenny789
Not yet.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Am I like the only one who doesn't mind so much that it doesn't have online? Then again, I don't really care too much about online games in general. I loved the original Tri on Wii even though I didn't spend too much time playing online. It was one of the best online Wii games though.

Btw ANIMEguy (aka Mr. MH Expert), in the original Tri, you could only fight the High Rank monsters online. Without online in this game, i'm guessing we can fight them in single player now? Is the difficulty scaled at all? I can't imagine trying to solo some of the HR monsters if they aren't scaled. Are there any higher ranks available?

I'm really tempted to get this, one of my concerns is how well the virtual D-Pad on the touchscreen works. Or would I be better off just pressing the camera reset button more often? No, i'm not getting the Circle Pad Pro either; I don't think i've ever seen that thing in stores lol.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 El_Zo1212o

Am I like the only one who doesn't mind so much that it doesn't have online? Then again, I don't really care too much about online games in general. I loved the original Tri on Wii even though I didn't spend too much time playing online. It was one of the best online Wii games though.

Btw ANIMEguy (aka Mr. MH Expert), in the original Tri, you could only fight the High Rank monsters online. Without online in this game, i'm guessing we can fight them in single player now? Is the difficulty scaled at all? I can't imagine trying to solo some of the HR monsters if they aren't scaled. Are there any higher ranks available?

I'm really tempted to get this, my only big concern is how well the virtual D-Pad on the touchscreen works. Or if it's better just to constantly press the camera reset button instead of fiddling around with the camera movement.

moltenix
I sure would've liked online(especially with Heroes of Ruin-style voice chat), but it's omission isn't going to keep me from buying it. I've never played a MH game before, but Samurai Warriors is finally getting old, and I'm looking for a new melee combat game.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

That's perhaps the only reason I won't be getting it. I'd rather they kill Wii MH3 servers if it would give 3DS version online ability...
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="tocool340"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i'm most likely skipping it, because if my friends were to get it, it would be the 3DS version, and the 3DS version has no online. and i love MH for the multiplayer.

That's perhaps the only reason I won't be getting it. I'd rather they kill Wii MH3 servers if it would give 3DS version online ability...

they're already closing the MH3 servers lol. i think it's in april or something.
Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="tocool340"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i'm most likely skipping it, because if my friends were to get it, it would be the 3DS version, and the 3DS version has no online. and i love MH for the multiplayer.

they're already closing the MH3 servers lol. i think it's in april or something.

If they are talking down those servers then how will the masses play MH online?
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 moltenix

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="tocool340"] That's perhaps the only reason I won't be getting it. I'd rather they kill Wii MH3 servers if it would give 3DS version online ability...Will47

Wii U version of MH3U will have online.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="Will47"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] they're already closing the MH3 servers lol. i think it's in april or something.moltenix

Wii U version of MH3U will have online.

this, plus online isn't a major thing in japan for monster hunter.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ANIMEguy10034

I'm really tempted to get this, one of my concerns is how well the virtual D-Pad on the touchscreen works. Or would I be better off just pressing the camera reset button more often? No, i'm not getting the Circle Pad Pro either; I don't think i've ever seen that thing in stores lol.

moltenix

Yes, High Rank is available in MH3U 3DS despite the lack of online. The High Rank monsters are more suitable for solo'ing. Once you defeat High Rank, you get promoted to G Rank, which is the toughest difficulty in the game. G Rank monsters in the 3DS version is like trying to solo an Alatreon or DevilJho from Tri -- it's that tough.

According to everyone who has played this, the virtual D-pad works fine and you can customize the size of it and where you want on the screen. The camera lock works great as well.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 moltenix

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

ANIMEguy10034

Yes, High Rank is available in MH3U 3DS despite the lack of online. The High Rank monsters are more suitable for solo'ing. Once you defeat High Rank, you get promoted to G Rank, which is the toughest difficulty in the game. G Rank monsters in the 3DS version is like trying to solo an Alatreon or DevilJho from Tri -- it's that tough.

According to everyone who has played this, the virtual D-pad works fine and you can customize the size of it and where you want on the screen. The camera lock works great as well.

Cool, it all sounds awesome! Although, DevilJho... solo... ugh... :cry:

So, what version are you getting? Perhaps a Wii U just for MH? :P

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ANIMEguy10034

Cool, it all sounds awesome! Although, DevilJho... solo... ugh... :cry:

So, what version are you getting? Perhaps a Wii U just for MH? :P

moltenix

MH3U will have Hungry DevilJho which is pretty much a Jho that's always in rage mode. ;)

And I'm going to buy the 3DS version on release date and then buy the Wii U version whenever I have the money for a Wii U. :P

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

I just hope we get the black XL bundle.Lebowski__basic

Me too, it's the only decent looking model along with the all white XL.

diyth41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 diyth41
Member since 2010 • 131 Posts
Those saying will pass because of online obviously only played Tri on the Wii or the original Ps2 version, the only time the game had online. I've played all of them, but it also helps that 3 of my friends play too so no online isn't an issue.
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
does this mean they'll actually release the circle pad pro xl? really wish I could play Kingdom Hearts and RE on my 3DS Xl
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#35 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
does this mean they'll actually release the circle pad pro xl? really wish I could play Kingdom Hearts and RE on my 3DS XlPoisoN_Facecam0
You can order it from Nintendo already. It's suppose to hit retailers this year.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

ANIMEguy10034

i stopped playing around the time i got to high rank. think i got to rank 31 :P but hey, i got to fight jhen mohran and even see a deviljho in a couple missions.
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]does this mean they'll actually release the circle pad pro xl? really wish I could play Kingdom Hearts and RE on my 3DS XlHaziqonfire
You can order it from Nintendo already. It's suppose to hit retailers this year.

Really? in Canada even?
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Excited!!!
The_Joker1721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 The_Joker1721
Member since 2012 • 304 Posts
Definitely getting the 3DS. Especially if it comes out digitally. Never played a MH game before but I'll definitely get it to play with my bro and friends who enjoy the games a lot. I'll most likely double dip for the Wii U version. That's just to do my part to get MH 4 to release in NA.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="tocool340"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i'm most likely skipping it, because if my friends were to get it, it would be the 3DS version, and the 3DS version has no online. and i love MH for the multiplayer.

What?! I hope they at least provide some sort of a patch to allow ways to get the + material for the Higher class weapons....