money for online?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

losergeek101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 losergeek101
Member since 2004 • 219 Posts

my best friend just told me that eventually nintendo will make you PAY for wi-fi....i thought it was bull but this sorat scares me. If they do this for the wii...wat stops them from doing it for the ds. Also the wii needs to upgrade the web browser. I compared the ps3 one and the wii version and well the wii got the crap kiked out of it. so can anyone awnser my question pl0x?     

p.s weres the best place in canada to get a wii lol =) and on wat day do they ship 

exds01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 exds01
Member since 2006 • 281 Posts
i doubt they will resort to making you pay to get online. IMO if they release an mmorpg then maybe but as of right now very doubtful. As to where to find a wii in canada i am in the U.S but have been hearing futureshop.
Avatar image for stickontheradar
stickontheradar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 stickontheradar
Member since 2006 • 986 Posts

your friend is an idiot......please smack him over the head on my behalf......

wii's browser is a trial and so sucks and is probably inferrior to ps3's browser I dont' know.....

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
I thought you have to pay to download the browser after June.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34693 Posts
Nintendo's online is free. Nothing about paying for it has been announced.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I just ordered a LAN Adapter, i'd be set if it wasn't for needing WiFi to enable WMA playback on my PSP :( Other than that i'm all about Wired baby!
Psy236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Psy236
Member since 2006 • 973 Posts
you do not have to pay for WiFi, and almost definately will never have to pay for it. as for having to pay for the browser, yes, after June, u will have to pay 500 Wii Points ($5) for it, but that's because Opera wants to actually make a lil bit of money off of their work for the browser. but that's just to be able to download it, just like u would download a game. there will not be a monthly fee (or even a one time fee) for using nintendo's Wifi. that would be stupid for a couple reasons as of right now. for 1, that would take away the message board for a lot of ppl, as well as the Everybody Votes, weather and news channels, it will take away the address book, and take away the use of the Mii's other than in Wii Sports/Play. it would be pretty stupid of nintendo to charge for wifi at any time, so I don't ever see it happening.