This topic is locked from further discussion.

coldelephant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 coldelephant
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts

I, being quite cynical; am mostly of the belief that there isn't a chance in hell of a deep, involving, intense, lush RPG experience on the Wii, and as for an online multiplayer RPG of that standard? Hell no.

I've played Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion on the PS3, and I liked it, despite the view popping up now and then instead of streaming.

Also, I've been wondering if it might be possible to have such a game on the Wii - purely because if they can make a game like Zelda TP, Sadness (yet to be proven), and Monster Hunter 3 (again, yet to be proven) on Wii then graphically it is possible - and then why should we need discs?

It is capable of being streamed or downloaded in parts to the Wii via Wii-ware, and processed in chunks surely.

Is there any hope at all? Somebody give me some hope of a decent grown up RPG on the Wii, instead of Square making crap Wii games or childish Wii games thereby making the PS3 look even better to me.

I mean, I can't blame the company that made the Wii Gran Turismo for making it look like it belonged on the SNES, because they are owned by Sony - but why can't Square make something decent and slightly more grown up for the Wii?

Why can't anybody else?

rexCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 rexCo
Member since 2005 • 943 Posts
Give it time. These kinds of experiences don't just happen, and even on the other systems they're pretty rare.

What is there? KOTOR, Oblivion... ? I'm sure it'll happen, and if not... we'll just have to wait a touch longer.

I do wish, though, that the Wii was getting something more like the normal FFs rather than FFCCs. Oh well. Let's just pray for some really great news from E3 this year.
wael_rajab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 wael_rajab
Member since 2008 • 261 Posts
it cant make anything grown up for the wii because nintnedo is known for a family console and if it gets bad games little kids are gonna play em and wiis gonna get a bad review. Non of the Nintendo games i ever played had anything bad. : )
Tailscoolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Tailscoolio
Member since 2006 • 443 Posts
I always wanted an MMORPG on the wii, not only will the menu's be much easier to go through but the service would be good for those players who don't like PC games which means they're missing out on the majority of them (MMORPG's). Not to mention; Nintendo being the kind company it is, an MMORPG would probably be a one-off payment without having to pay for an account :?
Snyder_Trigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Snyder_Trigger
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts

You guys forget thats the wii has only been out for what... little more than 2 years?

Did the xbox or ps2 have online MMORPGs that early in their lifespan? I dont think so.

ArmoredAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 ArmoredAshes
Member since 2005 • 4025 Posts
only problem with an large RPG or MMORPG for the wii is lack of harddrive space....if they come up with an add on hard drive they really could do alot with it
Tailscoolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Tailscoolio
Member since 2006 • 443 Posts

You guys forget thats the wii has only been out for what... little more than 2 years?

Did the xbox or ps2 have online MMORPGs that early in their lifespan? I dont think so.

Snyder_Trigger

Yeah, but those were last-gen, innovation and all that stuff right? Nintendo would still try to push the boundaries of the wii...

CheeChee_Macko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CheeChee_Macko
Member since 2008 • 2236 Posts
I would love to see Flyff on the Wii. It is lightweight and free to play.
NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 NormanOfTorn
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts

Snyder_Trigger

The Wii has only been out for a year and a half... but anyways it could defenitely work with the next Animal Crossing.

TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts
[QUOTE="Snyder_Trigger"]

NormanOfTorn

The Wii has only been out for a year and a half... but anyways it could defenitely work with the next Animal Crossing.

yeah, i heard the new animal crossing is an MMO

jmac777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jmac777
Member since 2004 • 1523 Posts
I agree FlyFF is fun and kind of casual...almost. So it would be fun on the Wii
coldelephant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 coldelephant

It's a beginning, but Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon and FlyFF are like childrens cartoons, for young children (FlyFF appears to be for those who like to play with barbie dolls. As soon as you create your pink girl character you can customise her in a beauty salon).

Doesn't anybody dare make anything more adventurous for the Wii?

ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

MMO's belong on the PC.

I'd love to see an Oblivion type game on the Wii, hell on any console for that matter. I want more games like that.

I'd be happy if they brought Morrowind to the Wii, that'd be awesome.

xNJN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xNJN
Member since 2006 • 1374 Posts
That's the worst idea I've heard all week...
coldelephant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 coldelephant

Having played on Oblivion on the PS3 I would love to have games like that on the Wii.

To be honest, I wouldn't care if it were MMO or not if Oblivion was on the Wii and the graphics and streaming were as good.

Oblivion didn't even use all if any of the PS3's graphics capabilities, seemed like a PC port with enhanced streaming and reduced loading times.

I would hate to think what that game did to an Xbox 360 - probably drove it near to critical mass (red light).

Still - they did make a game like that on the GBA.

Yes, I said the GBA. It was called Mazes of Fate.

They had people talking and reacting to you if you walk by and differently when you talk in Legacy of Kain for much older systems.

It is all possible - all that needs to happen is that the games publishers take their best and focus on it with a will and a passion; for the Wii.

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

Snyder_Trigger

Well, the ps2 did have Final Fantasy XI...

skanjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 skanjos
Member since 2006 • 647 Posts

somewhere i heard that nintendo has an agreement with nexon (the company that made maple story)and they are making the maple story ds(but only for korea,sth like that)

but no word on wii yet,i am waiting for nintendo to make a good online game,i wish for an rpg but it has to be a new ip ,cause the only game that would work till now is the pokemon and they havent make a 3d rpg pokemon yet(would they make one now?and online too?thats being optimistic)

i wished for an mmo on the wii but i dont see it happen ,when hard disks come out then we will talk....

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts

somewhere i heard that nintendo has an agreement with nexon (the company that made maple story)and they are making the maple story ds(but only for korea,sth like that)

but no word on wii yet,i am waiting for nintendo to make a good online game,i wish for an rpg but it has to be a new ip ,cause the only game that would work till now is the pokemon and they havent make a 3d rpg pokemon yet(would they make one now?and online too?thats being optimistic)

i wished for an mmo on the wii but i dont see it happen ,when hard disks come out then we will talk....

skanjos

just wait for monster hunter(phantasy star's successor) and animal crossing

EnozmeH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 EnozmeH
Member since 2004 • 1019 Posts
Nintendo is obviously taking steps into somewhat changing the stereotype of "the family console", or "kiddy games". No More Heroes is one of the highest rated games here at GS for the Wii. Perhaps MMORPG's are next on the list. The fact that NMH has done so well, gives Nintendo more reason to try new things.
Yoshilila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Yoshilila
Member since 2005 • 221 Posts

First of all look at all the games that the Wii got this year...

No more Heroes

Medal of Honor Heroes 2

Call of Duty World at War

and there is already No more Heroes 2 being made and the actual Zelda game for the Wii since the twilight princess was just a Wii version of the Original one

And to get to the point here...

http://www.wiisworld.com/wii-news/reggie-talks-mmorpg.html

this is where reggie is saying that nintendo aint making mmorpgs cause they dont have any in mind but they hope that third parties would start making some^^

But really... i would be happy with only a 2d mmorpg on the Wii as long as it works smoothly :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts

You need a fun sort of MMORPG to introduce the genre to the general people who play wii, I think,. Somthing casual and fun like a Mii first person shooter would be awsome :P (no my idea, but bloody awsome).

Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#22 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts
Pokemon MMO. Ive been asking for years. Please.
omriko8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 omriko8
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

wii isnt only a family console there are 18+ games on the wii like manhunt about the crazy house when you play a crazy man and there is allot of stabbing and also what about resident evil i dont think wii is still has the impression of a family console