MH3 armor, what do you use?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BAALSPARTAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BAALSPARTAN
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I was just wondering what other people used in Monster Hunter Tri. I use the full lagiacrus blademaster set, trying to get full rathalos, then qurepeco.
knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 knuckl3head
Member since 2009 • 908 Posts

Well I completed the game eons ago so I have a big selection to pick from, infact every blade armor there is probably. I rock different mix sets using Selene/Helios+ as the core and I like to rock my Guild+, and a leather/biker set.

Armor skills >>>>>> Armor defense.

Sounds like guessing where I think you are in the game right now you know wat your doing. Mind the res too, those fireballs from los are deadly in lagi.

knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 knuckl3head

I was just wondering what other people used in Monster Hunter Tri. I use the full lagiacrus blademaster set, trying to get full rathalos, then qurepeco.BAALSPARTAN

Wait, what? Why would you get los and then peco? I forget the skills for normal peco right now but i;m guessing you can skip that teepee disaster if you have los.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i liked baggi for its skill set
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Had Ludroth armor, now a piece away from finishing my Barroth set :)

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts

[QUOTE="BAALSPARTAN"]I was just wondering what other people used in Monster Hunter Tri. I use the full lagiacrus blademaster set, trying to get full rathalos, then qurepeco.knuckl3head

Wait, what? Why would you get los and then peco? I forget the skills for normal peco right now but i;m guessing you can skip that teepee disaster if you have los.

dunno, that peco set is pretty good. evade +1 and you can get attack up easy. it's also a nice set to overforge when you make it to high rank. the HR peco set is pretty meh. I typically roll in a mix set of bagi, helios+ and vangis for Sharpness +1, Earplugs, Evasion +1, and Focus but I have nice charm for that. I have a few other but that's my bread and butter hammer set.
knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 knuckl3head

dunno, that peco set is pretty good. evade +1 and you can get attack up easy. it's also a nice set to overforge when you make it to high rank. the HR peco set is pretty meh. teknic1200

Ohhhh... I was remembering wrong. I thought HR peco had evade but actually HR peco is the one with wide-range. Yeah normal peco is better.

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts

[QUOTE="BAALSPARTAN"]I was just wondering what other people used in Monster Hunter Tri. I use the full lagiacrus blademaster set, trying to get full rathalos, then qurepeco.knuckl3head

skills are useless if you get killed with one hit you know..

knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 knuckl3head

[QUOTE="knuckl3head"]

[QUOTE="BAALSPARTAN"]I was just wondering what other people used in Monster Hunter Tri. I use the full lagiacrus blademaster set, trying to get full rathalos, then qurepeco.unrealtron

skills are useless if you get killed with one hit you know..

Too which hit on which armor set are you refering? Obviously there has to be a balance all i'm saying is people get way to hung up on defense when i'd rank skill set as being more important.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts

I use different armor for different monsters or weapons. Rathalos for fire monsters, which there are a lot of, Lagiacrus for Sns, it helps keep it's sharpness up and quick resharpening, and Barioth because it's cool:P

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#11 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
I'm still working on full Damasco one, is my current favorite. I used Rathalos and Ingot for long time as my 2 favorites before. I use several others depending on situation, Hunter or Loc Lac primarily Regards
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#12 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Baggi, I think - whatever set looks like an SS Nazi uniform.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I always used the Barroth set, I usually used the Barroth hammer too.
BAALSPARTAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BAALSPARTAN
Yeah, I ditched peco, but I still need the rathalos vambraces. I beat the game last night, and I saw the helios armor...terrible skills, sure you can get HG earplugs but sharpness down and protection down? 'Fraid not. I'm also trying to get full gigginox because it's got status up, good for assualt axe...
neji122793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 neji122793
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts

High Rank qurupeko with speed sharpen.

With this armor I can play the medic role pretty good because of wide range also Herb= Potion Potion=super Potion rarely have to resort to my super potions.

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 teknic1200
Yeah, I ditched peco, but I still need the rathalos vambraces. I beat the game last night, and I saw the helios armor...terrible skills, sure you can get HG earplugs but sharpness down and protection down? 'Fraid not. I'm also trying to get full gigginox because it's got status up, good for assualt axe...BAALSPARTAN
LOL helios is the best set in the game. you are overlooking the sharpness +1 skill. sharp +1 isn't a big boost in low rank, but if you get a weapon that turns to purple sharpness you do 150% of your weapons raw. Hands down it's the best attack skill in the game. each color of sharpness boosts your raw power. yellow = 1.00 green = 1.05 blue = 1.18 white = 1.32 purple = 1.50 earplugs are more of a hammer/GS skill as you get open shots during roars. with the hammer earplugs = KO fest.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
it greatly varies. before i got to high rank, i'd use the barioth set most of the time. now i use the bnabh-- bhnabr-- THE BUG TUX. with hunter set parts to fill the gaps.
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 teknic1200
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]it greatly varies. before i got to high rank, i'd use the barioth set most of the time. now i use the bnabh-- bhnabr-- THE BUG TUX. with hunter set parts to fill the gaps.

to a degree it does, but when you get to end game gear some of that stuff has advantages surpass everything else. it's nice when monsters die in 5 minutes or less. ;) besides negatives can always be gemmed out. if you have a helios set with negatives you're probably doin' it wrong.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BrunoBRS
^ i meant in my case, since i didn't reach the high rank endgame :P
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WreckEm711

I'm using the low rank armor from single player, haven't delved into the online yet other than trading in the city for stuff i need :)

Full Barroth, Thunderclap longsword. About to start farming lagiacrus to make his armor, but will be using a different weapon to farm him of course :P

Renicias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Renicias
When I first played this game, I was pretty sure that stronger the monsters were, stronger the armor. But well, even after I reached lvl 6 on multiplayers, I still use my barroth armor with all attk jewels filled in and had no problem at all. However after reading this post, I guess I'll start to change my armor... So...many...good ideas!
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 teknic1200
[QUOTE="Renicias"]When I first played this game, I was pretty sure that stronger the monsters were, stronger the armor. But well, even after I reached lvl 6 on multiplayers, I still use my barroth armor with all attk jewels filled in and had no problem at all. However after reading this post, I guess I'll start to change my armor... So...many...good ideas!

really, it's the skills on the armor set that make it worth wearing. some of the early sets are good and some of the later sets are good. a few of the low rank sets could be considered better then their high rank counter part. you folks wearing the barroth set are you triggering adrenaline at all?
BAALSPARTAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BAALSPARTAN
Ok I just need gigginox coat and arms, then I'm set for status weapons. I currently have the helios greaves and vambraces, I'll test it out when I'm not bored enough to fight ceadeus.
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 teknic1200
Ok I just need gigginox coat and arms, then I'm set for status weapons. I currently have the helios greaves and vambraces, I'll test it out when I'm not bored enough to fight ceadeus.BAALSPARTAN
one thing you can do is swap the chest out for the lagi chest, and then gem in the skills resulting in no negatives. If you do get a deep dragon gem you may want to save it for the high rank helios set, they can be a pain to get. Lagi has razor sharp points to take away the blunt edge points on the set.
InvisiblyClear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 InvisiblyClear
Member since 2011 • 45 Posts
Leather+ for gathering, Lagiacrus for hunting. I like the skill set for both, not to mention decent defense.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I just got full los armor and I'm 3 heavy armor spheres away from maxing out Chest piece (everything else is maxed out).
I started to gather materials for lagia(threw out old one, i was a fool :x), gobul(stun is my #2 enemy... Diablos is #1) and barioth armor, but I'm lacking a couple of Adv. Armor Spheres to upgrade them. I do know how to get them, but for some reason Adv Armor Spheres are more difficult for me to find than Hard Armor Spheres. :P

I swear this game hates me when it comes to stun and rare items. :lol:

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 teknic1200

I just got full los armor and I'm 3 heavy armor spheres away from maxing out Chest piece (everything else is maxed out).I started to gather materials for lagia(threw out old one, i was a fool :x), gobul(stun is my #2 enemy... Diablos is #1) and barioth armor, but I'm lacking a couple of Adv. Armor Spheres to upgrade them. I do know how to get them, but for some reason Adv Armor Spheres are more difficult for me to find than Hard Armor Spheres. :P

ANIMEguy10034
try the 4* quests for advanced spheres. The royal ludroth quest drops them. also, you can trade online. getting stunned isn't to bad, I can be out if it in a split second these days. it is bad when you get combo stunned and sent into the kart.
wes008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wes008
Member since 2009 • 802 Posts

I've got full Rathalos: Head is +, each other is low rank. Every piece is maxed out to it's next to last level.

BAALSPARTAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BAALSPARTAN
Now just gigginox coat, I'm thinking of just ditching gigginox and sticking with rathalos, advice? Now for the Helios mail, the deep dragongem I'm guessing, you get it from body carves. I currently don't even have wi-fi but I could possibly get it in a week or two, but if it's that hard to get I might just wait until I have online then get it (probably not).
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 teknic1200
Now just gigginox coat, I'm thinking of just ditching gigginox and sticking with rathalos, advice? Now for the Helios mail, the deep dragongem I'm guessing, you get it from body carves. I currently don't even have wi-fi but I could possibly get it in a week or two, but if it's that hard to get I might just wait until I have online then get it (probably not).BAALSPARTAN
ceadeus is offline only. you get the ddg from quest rewards. a trick to get one is to nearly kill ceadeus and get the repel. Then in the next quest it will be nearly dead, and you can kill it easily. If you don't see the gem on the rewards screen reset your wii and try again. this way it doesn't take so long to kill it. you can get them as repel rewards. if you do the reset trick you cannot take any items from the quest box or else your game will save.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ANIMEguy10034

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

I just got full los armor and I'm 3 heavy armor spheres away from maxing out Chest piece (everything else is maxed out).I started to gather materials for lagia(threw out old one, i was a fool :x), gobul(stun is my #2 enemy... Diablos is #1) and barioth armor, but I'm lacking a couple of Adv. Armor Spheres to upgrade them. I do know how to get them, but for some reason Adv Armor Spheres are more difficult for me to find than Hard Armor Spheres. :P

teknic1200

try the 4* quests for advanced spheres. The royal ludroth quest drops them. also, you can trade online. getting stunned isn't to bad, I can be out if it in a split second these days. it is bad when you get combo stunned and sent into the kart.

I could have traded spheres all along?! :cry:
I thought you couldn't like regular materials. :?

Ugh I hate combo stuns or Poison Stuns. :x
Is there a trick to get rid of stun right away? Do you have to mash buttons until you're out of it? O_o

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BrunoBRS
^ which stun? the dizzy one is button mash/wagglefest all the way. the shocky one... i think it might work too. now when you're thrown like a stringless puppet and take forever to stand up... don't think so.
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 teknic1200

I could have traded spheres all along?! :cry: I thought you couldn't like regular materials. :?

Ugh I hate combo stuns or Poison Stuns. :x Is there a trick to get rid of stun right away? Do you have to mash buttons until you're out of it? O_o

ANIMEguy10034
trade with the argosy captn. go kill stuff in moga woods, turn in your hunt report and profit. with the CC you spin the sticks. I dunno if it helps by I spin them in opposite directions and am right up. with poison try to pack herbal medicine or antidote, it's cheap.
BAALSPARTAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BAALSPARTAN
[QUOTE="BAALSPARTAN"]Now just gigginox coat, I'm thinking of just ditching gigginox and sticking with rathalos, advice? Now for the Helios mail, the deep dragongem I'm guessing, you get it from body carves. I currently don't even have wi-fi but I could possibly get it in a week or two, but if it's that hard to get I might just wait until I have online then get it (probably not).teknic1200
ceadeus is offline only. you get the ddg from quest rewards. a trick to get one is to nearly kill ceadeus and get the repel. Then in the next quest it will be nearly dead, and you can kill it easily. If you don't see the gem on the rewards screen reset your wii and try again. this way it doesn't take so long to kill it. you can get them as repel rewards. if you do the reset trick you cannot take any items from the quest box or else your game will save.

Yes I know ceadeus is offline only, I meant I get the ddg then use it for helios+. I'm not sure if I could tell when it's nearly dead, but, you do know that if you fail against the ceadeus and go and fight him again, he keeps the same amount of health you did to him before (only if you use the shortcut from camp to the end of area 2).
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ANIMEguy10034

^ which stun? the dizzy one is button mash/wagglefest all the way. the shocky one... i think it might work too. now when you're thrown like a stringless puppet and take forever to stand up... don't think so.BrunoBRS
trade with the argosy captn. go kill stuff in moga woods, turn in your hunt report and profit. with the CC you spin the sticks. I dunno if it helps by I spin them in opposite directions and am right up. with poison try to pack herbal medicine or antidote, it's cheap.teknic1200

Thanks for the advice! :D
@Bruno: Dizzy one. It reminds me of confusion in Pokemon... both screws me over. =_=
I hate how long it take you to stand up or recover, but I guess its expected if a 30 ton monster fell on top of you. :P

@Teknic: Hopefully there's plenty of Lagiacruses in Moga Woods tonight. :P
I always pack heavy when I go into quests, but since it takes me a while to recover from stun, monsters attack when I'm most vulnerable and poisoned. x_x

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BrunoBRS
^ eew... lagia takes forever to die, i hate fighting him.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 WreckEm711

^ eew... lagia takes forever to die, i hate fighting him.BrunoBRS

In online or off? I've been taking him down VERY quickly in offline, I was kinda disappointed by the fight he put up :( Rathian..... Now that one gives me trouble lol.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ANIMEguy10034

^ eew... lagia takes forever to die, i hate fighting him.BrunoBRS

Really? O_o
It takes me about 7 minutes each. Which is pretty sad for a game mascot. :?
Diablos gives me more trouble though. x_x
What weapon do you use against Lagiacrus?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BrunoBRS
maybe i'm just bad underwater... lagia takes forever to be killed alone. ian is easy, just abuse that head of her (if you have a water LS even better)
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 teknic1200
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]maybe i'm just bad underwater... lagia takes forever to be killed alone. ian is easy, just abuse that head of her (if you have a water LS even better)

actually, thunder or dragon will take ian down faster. I kill offline lagi in like two minuets or less, lol. but i do have powerful weapons now. ian in moga dies in one zone. Online solo high rank does take me about 20 minuets or so. @Bruno, if you know how to lvl 3 on ian's head you should try hammering her a couple times, you'll see KOs galore.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
cant remember :P
bjerne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bjerne
Vangis Helm Vangis Chest Vangis Vambraces Helios Coil+ Vangis Greaves Skills: AuM, Detect, Sharp+1, Evasion+1, Item use up.
Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
Yeah, I ditched peco, but I still need the rathalos vambraces. I beat the game last night, and I saw the helios armor...terrible skills, sure you can get HG earplugs but sharpness down and protection down? 'Fraid not. I'm also trying to get full gigginox because it's got status up, good for assualt axe...BAALSPARTAN
Those skills can be easily removed. Right now I run in a full helios mixed set between Helios+ and normal one. That lets me get rid of blunt edge and demonic blessing as now my skills are Helios Armor Sharpness + 1 HG Earplugs Speed Sharpener Oxygen Up (comes with sharpener charm) I'm still trying to make a full helios mixed armor that lets me use the coil + that has more slots in order to gem in either focus or evasion+1
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 teknic1200
[QUOTE="Darthkaiser"] I'm still trying to make a full helios mixed armor that lets me use the coil + that has more slots in order to gem in either focus or evasion+1

head: helios + chest: helios + arms: helios + waist: helios legs: jho you only need like +3 evade on a charm to get evasion +1. a charm with +7 will get you evade +2. I have a handy dandy evade +7 oo charm that lets me put evade on any set I wish.
BAALSPARTAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BAALSPARTAN

Lol, I've had full helios for a long time now and I use it all the time...>.> I just stash all the decoration slots with protection jewels so I'm rid of that demonic blessing ;). Right now I'm trying to get diablos, barioth and uragaan.

cheese_guy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cheese_guy1
I got peco, ludroth, jaggi,barroth and lagi but my main armor is los helm los+ chest thing los gloves los+ waist thing los legs