This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chopinist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Chopinist
Member since 2009 • 435 Posts

So MGS3 is going to be on the 3DS and I think that's fantastic but what of the first game? Have they ever remade that revolutionary game? THe graphics and gameplay were amazing back in its day but now, I struggle replaying it. Do you think this remake-worthy game will stay in our memories or remade with current technology? I think it's just as worthy as Snake Eater for the 3DS

DemonZangetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DemonZangetsu
Member since 2009 • 748 Posts

Do they really need to remake the first one when the Gamecube already has a remake of it?

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

MGS1 shouldn't be be remade again IMO

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

So MGS3 is going to be on the 3DS and I think that's fantastic but what of the first game? Have they ever remade that revolutionary game? THe graphics and gameplay were amazing back in its day but now, I struggle replaying it. Do you think this remake-worthy game will stay in our memories or remade with current technology? I think it's just as worthy as Snake Eater for the 3DS

Chopinist

I played it last month and it holds up now better from the PS2 ones

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

Chopinist
yeah they remade it on the gamecube and called it The Twin Snakes. Great game really.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
they need is to remake the first metal gear game on the 3ds with now days gameplay and graphics
Chopinist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chopinist
Member since 2009 • 435 Posts

[QUOTE="Chopinist"]

Serraph105

yeah they remade it on the gamecube and called it The Twin Snakes. Great game really.

Wait what?!? And why do I learn of this now :P I have a friend who has this game, maybe he'll lend it for a while... a long while :P

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

MGS1 shouldn't be be remade again IMO

jasonharris48

I agree it still looks and plays fine.

Dandoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dandoku
Member since 2010 • 70 Posts
I doubt we will see another remake but it would be cool to see one.
wilford88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wilford88
Member since 2005 • 162 Posts

Chopinist
Yeah. They already remade MGS1 for the gamecube and doesn't really need to be remade again. I think remaking MGS3 for the Nintendo 3DS is a good move on Konami's part.
TabJSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TabJSR
Member since 2009 • 163 Posts

Everything after Metal Gear Solid, except for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, was disappointing for me. I don't care if Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater ever arrives on the Nintendo 3DS. I guess that it would be nice to see: Metal Gear Solid on the 3DS in some form, but I'd still rather play the original on the PS1. Metal Gear Solid is my favorite PS1 game, so I'm not against it.

For the record, due to Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes being an early remake, I don't think they'll remake it again.

Avatar image for tequilasunriser
tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tequilasunriser
Member since 2004 • 6379 Posts

The Gamcube remake didn't do the game justice IMO. It lost its grittiness, it looked and felt too 'clean'.

For instance, the scene of the hallway with all the murdered soldiers killed by Cyborg Ninja (the first time you see him) was a joke compared to how macabre it looked on the PS1.