metroid prime 1 graphics

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

i just finished re-playing the 1st metroid prime and i started to realize that the graphics are better than almost every wii game released so far...

now im not a graphics whore, but i cant help but think that a last gen system having better graphics than a current gen system is a bit of a problem.

I hate that devs are slacking off when it comes to making games on the wii. I understand that it doesnt have the power of a ps3 or a 360, but come on, the wii is much more powerful than what has been shown.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34752 Posts
And Metroid Prime 2: Echoes looks much better than Prime 1 (except artstyle, maybe). Go figure.
KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts

i just finished re-playing the 1st metroid prime and i started to realize that the graphics are better than almost every wii game released so far...

now im not a graphics whore, but i cant help but think that a last gen system having better graphics than a current gen system is a bit of a problem.

I hate that devs are slacking off when it comes to making games on the wii. I understand that it doesnt have the power of a ps3 or a 360, but come on, the wii is much more powerful than what has been shown.

Sword-Demon

MP 1 and 2 both have awesome grapichs but Zelda Windwaker has the best grapichs IMO(last gen).

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
a lot of 3d party devs are just using engines built for the ps2 because its cheaper and it allows for easy ports. atleast its nice to know that nintendo can still release a good looking wii game.
BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts

It's pointless to make a game look amazing on Wii, when it's way easier to make it for the other current gen consoles.

But I don't care at all. I would seriously be fine with N64 graphics... I might actually prefer it. Twilight Princess with Majora's Mask level graphics would be awesome in my opinion.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
a lot of 3d party devs are just using engines built for the ps2 because its cheaper and it allows for easy ports. atleast its nice to know that nintendo can still release a good looking wii game. LoG-Sacrament
This. The original Wii dev kits were just GC kits with a different controller until Nintendo finalized the specs, but even now, they're taking a similar approach that they did with multiplats from last gen. It says as much as how amazing Metroid Prime was as it does for devs who take the quick and easy route... hopefully things'll change soon. There've already been games like Super Mario Galaxy that look better than anything that the GC put out, but it's up to 3rd party devs to make that extra investment and try to get more out of the system.
fitootif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fitootif
Member since 2005 • 883 Posts
even Resident Evil 4 has better graphics than many Wii games, i hope the next Zelda has even much better graphics than the final version of Conduit (which in my opinion looks great so far)
yonaswii08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 yonaswii08
Member since 2007 • 796 Posts
MP1 looks so ugly now lol even compared to wii games dude i think you need seeing eye Glasses! Maybe if you said baten kaitos than i can understand but mp1!
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts
MP1 looks so ugly now lol even compared to wii games dude i think you need seeing eye Glasses! Maybe if you said baten kaitos than i can understand but mp1!yonaswii08
:roll:Sure dude.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

MP1 looks so ugly now lol even compared to wii games dude i think you need seeing eye Glasses! Maybe if you said baten kaitos than i can understand but mp1!yonaswii08

yeah you're right, dogz looks great.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#11 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
Echoes looked better but both MP games were among the best looking titles of last gen. And the fact that they look better than more than half of the Wii's library is a sad truth.
KeithTobberman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 KeithTobberman
Member since 2008 • 432 Posts
I don't know hoe to explain it, but it seems like on 360 and PS3, when graphics are that good, you tend to all of a sudden be more picky. It is almost too real, and any little graphical glitch, which is many, makes it look weird. I am probable buying a Wii this week, haha, I sold my 360 games when my 360 broke.
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
i think RE4 had best grapchics on a GC game...
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
even Resident Evil 4 has better graphics than many Wii games, i hope the next Zelda has even much better graphics than the final version of Conduit (which in my opinion looks great so far)
fitootif
RE 4 looks almost like a 360 game (on a standard tv, if your not close to any walls/textures).
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
rogue squadron, in my opinion, was one of the best looking game on gc
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
I haven't played MP1 in forever so idk but Windwaker was awesome and I really liked star fox adventures graphics as well.
IronManRhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IronManRhino
Member since 2005 • 2135 Posts
The best graphics achieved on gc had to be WWE: Day of Reckoning 2 IMO, the models were so lifelike, the arenas were so well lit, there were alot of beautiful games on wii, but it made me say wow, and it looked better than any wrestling game at the time, I know alot of people will fight me on this, but it really was one of the best looking third party games on cube.
NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
Ugh, That makes me sad. :(:(
cjm23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cjm23
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

RE 4 looks almost like a 360 game (on a standard tv, if your not close to any walls/textures).alphamale1989

Ya, but it's sort of hard to stay away from textures now isn't it :) Nah Jk I agree. I think it's just due to laziness on the devs parts. I mean, why make a game with great graphics when they can make a game like Dogz or Ninja-Bread Manor whatever the heck it's called, for 1/100 of the cost and time,but still make loads of cash?

And if the 360 or PS3, no matter what the graphical capabilities of each, just came out with games with last-gen graphics, no one one go the extra mile to make a great looking game, because they know that they could get by without putting any effort forth...

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#20 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

[QUOTE="fitootif"]even Resident Evil 4 has better graphics than many Wii games, i hope the next Zelda has even much better graphics than the final version of Conduit (which in my opinion looks great so far)
alphamale1989
RE 4 looks almost like a 360 game (on a standard tv, if your not close to any walls/textures).

uh?! Hardly...even in standard def...but has anyone tried played it on a widescreen tv?! Oh gosh its brutal!

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

[QUOTE="alphamale1989"][QUOTE="fitootif"]even Resident Evil 4 has better graphics than many Wii games, i hope the next Zelda has even much better graphics than the final version of Conduit (which in my opinion looks great so far)
chex81

uh?! Hardly...even in standard def...but has anyone tried played it on a widescreen tv?! Oh gosh its brutal!

It doesn't look hot on my 26" Bravia :( The character models hold up but the environments are horribly pixelated. The fire/heat effects are still technically impressive, though. Its kind of frustrating that Capcom don't make a "RE4 1.5" engine for Wii. Surely the extra processing power would be enough to add some form of anti-aliasing...

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
Well , Mp1 and 2 will be remade on the wii , and who knows , the graphics might be slightly better....