Metroid II 3ds game length/ price concerns me.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 952 Posts

Been meaning to download Metroid Zero Mission on my Wii U. But after the announcement of Metroid II for the 3ds was revealed i decided to wait to play MZM till MII gets released so that i can play them back to back. What concerns me is that MII will be only a 4 hour game that cost $40+cost of amiibos if a person decides to get them. What is the likelihood that there will be more content included with this game to justify the $40 price tag?

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Black96Z

@metalslimenite: Metroid 2 was approximately 4 hours long on the gameboy. The 3ds version is a remake/reimage of the gameboy game. I know that there is new abilities but as far as i can tell there has been no metion of imcreased game length. That is why i am concerned with the length of the game.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Black96Z

@metalslimenite: if it included Zero Mission i could then see it being $40.

I havent played Metroid sinse the original(never beat the game but remember plying it.) I have been wanting to play Zero Mission, Fusion, and Super Metroid. Been planning on downloading them on my WiiU and 3DS but have been waiting to hear news about the virtual console for the switch as this could possibly allow me to play them on 1 system. At first i was excited to hear about M2 for the 3ds but the more i think about it the more it pisses me off. As of right now i dont see this coming to the switch, forcing me to have to play these games on older/separate systems.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Black96Z

@metalslimenite: i have looked up the game lengths. I do that most games before i buy them.

World record for Metroid is under 16 mins.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts

We can't possibly have any pre-knowledge on how many hours the game is. Even if it is a remake, it's not guaranteed to be 4 hours like Metroid 2.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@Black96Z said:

Been meaning to download Metroid Zero Mission on my Wii U. But after the announcement of Metroid II for the 3ds was revealed i decided to wait to play MZM till MII gets released so that i can play them back to back. What concerns me is that MII will be only a 4 hour game that cost $40+cost of amiibos if a person decides to get them. What is the likelihood that there will be more content included with this game to justify the $40 price tag?

Question: Are you new to the Metroid franchise?

Half of the fun is exploring rather than beating the game as fast as possible.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Black96Z

@Solaryellow: yes. But a person can only explore so much in a game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#11 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I downloaded Metroid 2 (GB) on my 3DS when I still had it and was playing through it several months back. It was fun at first, but started getting tedious after a bit. The spider ball was pretty cool, but you know there was no disguising the fact that this was the black sheep of the Metroid series.

My understanding is this is a re-imagining of the game, and won't be that much at all like the original game. So there's no reason to think it will be as short as that one, or as underwhelming.