Metroid Dread real or not..?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts

I hope that it is not true......:(

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/wii/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=200709061340432025§ionId=1006&releaseId=200605092056126030

Maybe they're just messing with us or they are all just liar....what do you think.?

Tungsten88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Tungsten88
Member since 2006 • 1121 Posts
I think Nintendo's "No" is the type of denial Capcom gave when it announced RE4 wouldn't come to PS2. Hopefully, it is, as I would love to play a new 2D Metroid.
white143papi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 white143papi
Member since 2006 • 791 Posts
they did say "at this point of time" so they could be taking a break and doing it later or it could possibly mean that the 2D side-scroller will actually be in 3D
Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Panosola

they did say "at this point of time" so they could be taking a break and doing it later or it could possibly mean that the 2D side-scroller will actually be in 3Dwhite143papi

In 3D..?I don't want a new 3D Metroid on DS....I want a new 2D side-scroller Metroid for the DS..:cry::cry:

Spektre41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Spektre41
Member since 2007 • 3217 Posts

^Same here. Hunters was good. But it's time for Metroid to return to it's roost.

I don't want to wait until 2014 to play New Super Metroid.

wanderingblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 wanderingblade
Member since 2005 • 353 Posts
A new 2-D would be sweet.
pooladden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 pooladden
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts
on september 7 th 2007 nintendo said no their is no metorid being developed right now for any console . its on wikipedia serch metroid seris and go to the metroid dread part near the bottem
pooladden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pooladden
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts
on september 7 th 2007 nintendo said no their is no metorid being developed right now for any console . its on wikipedia serch metroid seris and go to the metroid dread part near the bottem
especensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 especensor
Member since 2006 • 3180 Posts
i'd like it to be 2d sidescrolling but 3d graphics, similar to sonic rush and nsmb.
Rockingtime75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rockingtime75
Member since 2006 • 805 Posts

I would explode if there were a new 2D Metroid.

Just like this:

*explodes*

vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vicsrealms
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts
It would be nice if they went back to the old style Metroid, I have never liked the new poorly done FPS version. Of course, Nintendo hasn't really wow'ed me since.........Final Fantasy 3 for SNES.
colonel_beeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 colonel_beeb
Member since 2006 • 2020 Posts

they did say "at this point of time" so they could be taking a break and doing it later or it could possibly mean that the 2D side-scroller will actually be in 3Dwhite143papi

Or they've already finished it. It depends on when the comment in metroid corruption was added. Either way we'll find out at TGS.

Edit: I take it you meant that the sidescroller would be in 3D?

thestickman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thestickman
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts
I think it could be pretty likely for a 3D Metroid side scroller, just as Nintendo released New Super Mario Bros. and its a 3D sidescroller.
speedracer216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 speedracer216
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts

Just like this:

*explodes*

Rockingtime75

me too!

*explodes also*

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
wake up! ppl said it would be 2D, not Nintendo. and what Nintendo said there? "no 2D metroid is being developed right now". it means... THEY REALLY CAN BE MAKING A NEW METROID
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BrunoBRS
i just re-read the news and... OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! look what they say: nintendo is not developing THEmetroid game right now. u get ur conclusions. METROID DREAD REALLY EXISTS!!!!!!!!
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I want a new 2D NOT 2.5D JUST 2D!!!! Like the castlevania games for the DS, which actually have a little 3D in the background.
Caer_Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Caer_Death
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts

Wow, and you people call yourselves Metroid fans! You should be ashamed! I can't believe nobody's made mention of this!

In Metroid Prime 3, there's a room with a buncha holographic planets that you can scan, and each talks about the various planets Samus has been to. There's Zebes, SR-388 (or something like that), Tallon IV, Aether, etc... and one scan says something to the effect of "Project Metroid Dread is nearing completion."

C'mon, if that isn't some kind of proof of it's existance, then...? Oh, and by the way, you know I love all of you! Metroid fans kick ass!

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BrunoBRS
WTF R U SAYING? didnt i mention it on my post?!?!
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BrunoBRS
WTF?!?!? i didnt mention it... sry. its just that everytime somebody talks about project dread (or metroid dread, who cares), i mention ALL that IGN game list story and the MP3 part. s**t, i cant even tell one of my favorite creepy out-game game story the right way...
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Minishdriveby

Wow, and you people call yourselves Metroid fans! You should be ashamed! I can't believe nobody's made mention of this!

In Metroid Prime 3, there's a room with a buncha holographic planets that you can scan, and each talks about the various planets Samus has been to. There's Zebes, SR-388 (or something like that), Tallon IV, Aether, etc... and one scan says something to the effect of "Project Metroid Dread is nearing completion."

C'mon, if that isn't some kind of proof of it's existance, then...? Oh, and by the way, you know I love all of you! Metroid fans kick ass!

Caer_Death

that news article that was given by Pansola was talking about the Metroid Dread Nearing Completeion.

Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Panosola

Caer_Death

You think Nintendo is just play with us..?But why they do that..?

"Project Metroid Dread is nearing completion."....i hope that to be true.:(

ShadowLaguna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#23 ShadowLaguna
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

I think they'll release it eventually.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BrunoBRS
uuuuuhhhhh... WAKE UP FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!! nintendo did this kind of thing tons of times during their gaming history, and it was always truth, even if some projects were cancelled after announcement or not quite ppl expected (mario 128 became pikmin... thats what miyamoto said), but ALWAYS TRUTH. so wake up, if nintendo did this, it will be announced. this is only their way to get ppl's attention, and it worked, again... god damn they r so good at it!
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BrunoBRS
I want a new 2D NOT 2.5D JUST 2D!!!! Like the castlevania games for the DS, which actually have a little 3D in the background.Minishdriveby
just read it right now. and its just painting, not 3D (at least on portrait of ruin). but yes they have some 3D effects
white143papi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 white143papi
I think someone should calm down and instead of telling everyone to wake up, that person should go TO SLEEP!!! Anyway it's Nintendo, they can do whatever they want...lie, tease, or never talk about it until they want to and we the fan's have to just hope and wait until something gets done.
Yadish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 Yadish
Member since 2005 • 821 Posts
[QUOTE="Rockingtime75"]

Just like this:

*explodes*

speedracer216

me too!

*explodes also*

not me!

*implodes*

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Minishdriveby

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]I want a new 2D NOT 2.5D JUST 2D!!!! Like the castlevania games for the DS, which actually have a little 3D in the background.BrunoBRS
just read it right now. and its just painting, not 3D (at least on portrait of ruin). but yes they have some 3D effects

In DoS they had some 3-d background effects i think it was up near the clock tower where i first took notice too, it ill check tommarow, exactly where it is in the castle.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Minishdriveby

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]I want a new 2D NOT 2.5D JUST 2D!!!! Like the castlevania games for the DS, which actually have a little 3D in the background.Minishdriveby

In DoS they had some 3-d background effects i think it was up near the clock tower where i first took notice too, it ill check tommarow, exactly where it is in the castle.

alright warp to th pinnacle warp point in DoS and then walk out of the warp zone (you can only walk to the right.) in the background you'll see that the castle is 3d.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]I want a new 2D NOT 2.5D JUST 2D!!!! Like the castlevania games for the DS, which actually have a little 3D in the background.Minishdriveby

alright warp to th pinnacle warp point in DoS and then walk out of the warp zone (you can only walk to the right.) in the background you'll see that the castle is 3d.

you can aslo warp to the lost village and the buildings in the background are 3d
chuckleechuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chuckleechuck
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts

2-d with 3d elements would be something new to try.

or maybe 4d that includes 4d glasses with the game so you can play.

why not throw in a metroid prime limited edition stylus while your at it.

wait! don't stop there, hook up a laser cannon JUST like the samus has so you can fux people when they get too close.

Avatar image for I_AM_AROD______
I_AM_AROD______

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 I_AM_AROD______
Member since 2007 • 718 Posts
Or maybe they're already through with developing it andall of a sudden someone will just find one at Wal-Mart and everyone will be like "OMG I just bought Metroid Dread!" and nobody will believe them until they finally get it themselves. lol
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BrunoBRS
I think someone should calm down and instead of telling everyone to wake up, that person should go TO SLEEP!!! Anyway it's Nintendo, they can do whatever they want...lie, tease, or never talk about it until they want to and we the fan's have to just hope and wait until something gets done.white143papi
uuhh... yeah, i say wake up alot, but i say it for BLIND PPL who cant see whats going on. and i dont hate blind ppl, before u guys crucify me.
white143papi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 white143papi

[QUOTE="white143papi"]they did say "at this point of time" so they could be taking a break and doing it later or it could possibly mean that the 2D side-scroller will actually be in 3DI_AM_AROD______
Or maybe they're already through with developing it andall of a sudden someone will just find one at Wal-Mart and everyone will be like "OMG I just bought Metroid Dread!" and nobody will believe them until they finally get it themselves. lol

I would love for something like that to happen...but if it does there will be millions of angry gamers writing to nintendo so not likely

[QUOTE="white143papi"]I think someone should calm down and instead of telling everyone to wake up, that person should go TO SLEEP!!! Anyway it's Nintendo, they can do whatever they want...lie, tease, or never talk about it until they want to and we the fan's have to just hope and wait until something gets done.BrunoBRS
uuhh... yeah, i say wake up alot, but i say it for BLIND PPL who cant see whats going on. and i dont hate blind ppl, before u guys crucify me.

Thats why we are all here to help and support one another, remember we are all slaves to nintendo in this Metroid Dread issue they are toying with us and won't stop until they feel like it

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BrunoBRS

well, as i said before, its the game marketing campaign, everybody talks and talks about it. if u dont know the whole story, please enter this link. is a topic from my union (linked to this topic), so i guess u cant post, but u can read at least.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25911444&union_id=14401

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts
This is dreadful news. :(