This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Wielgoz (300 posts) -
I know theres alot of games for DS tageting a younger aduiance but what are some DS games for the older generation. if you got a reccomdation tell us what game it is and give a description why you think this games if for an older aduiance.
#2 Posted by Platyphyllum (8105 posts) -
Resident Evil DS...it's for a more mature audience because...well, it's Resident Evil and you don't want kids to be traumatized while they get killed by some sort of zombie infected by a virus so it's obviously for older people.
#3 Posted by Thevincent56 (794 posts) -
ACWW. Even though the graphics are kinda "cutesy" and your neighbors are animals, it still has an adult-like nature; you pay a mortgage for your house,do work, fish, collect things, decorate your house with furniture, etc.
#4 Posted by Link_fan_316 (1914 posts) -
up to date the only M rated game for the DS has been Resident Evil DS o-o...the only one...well i aint complaining xD im very satisfied with all the sweet games that are available right now... most of them are rated T O.o isnt that enough xD?
#5 Posted by mista911 (83 posts) -
brain age!
#6 Posted by Wielgoz (300 posts) -
anyother games that aren't rated m but are still not that kiddy i guess thats the word
#7 Posted by Platyphyllum (8105 posts) -
brain age!mista911
That's another good example.
#8 Posted by Wielgoz (300 posts) -
ACWW. Even though the graphics are kinda "cutesy" and your neighbors are animals, it still has an adult-like nature; you pay a mortgage for your house,do work, fish, collect things, decorate your house with furniture, etc. Thevincent56
ya i pretty much say AC:WW is one of the most unmature games no offence but thats just my opinoin
#9 Posted by subhumanpunk (2651 posts) -
Eigo ga Nigate na Otona no DS Training.
Avatar image for Eternal_Phoenix
#10 Posted by Eternal_Phoenix (9227 posts) -
[QUOTE="mista911"]brain age!Platyphyllum

How about EBA, that games gets pretty hard, I'm at the mission in which if you lose, everything is turned to stone. That level is WAY TOO HARD, I can not even last 10 seconds.... :(
#11 Posted by roan23 (1190 posts) -
well u can try Nintendogs(train ur dogs:D) well this year i think they going to release Brothers In Arms game, and Touched the Dead, both game rated M.
#12 Posted by queenfan66 (2737 posts) -
this thing sucks!
#13 Posted by Wielgoz (300 posts) -
it doesnt matter if there rated M that doesnt matter i dont care what its rated as long as its like nothing to childish
#14 Posted by SoulSlayer_ (3426 posts) -
[QUOTE="Platyphyllum"][QUOTE="mista911"]brain age!Eternal_Phoenix

How about EBA, that games gets pretty hard, I'm at the mission in which if you lose, everything is turned to stone. That level is WAY TOO HARD, I can not even last 10 seconds.... :(

Difficulty has nothing to do with Mature-ratings.
this thing sucks!queenfan66
Love your sig!
#15 Posted by SoulSlayer_ (3426 posts) -
[QUOTE="Platyphyllum"][QUOTE="mista911"]brain age!Eternal_Phoenix

Difficulty has nothing to do with Mature-ratings.
this thing sucks!queenfan66
Love your sig!
#16 Posted by lycrof (6393 posts) -
Hotel dusk, deals with alcoholism, death, mobs and damaged people. Castlevania deals with occult and has mature themes enviroments and sounds.
#17 Posted by romocop33 (2755 posts) -
i'm 21 and i play new super mario bros. and mario kart all the time. i know a lot more little kids that play gta and the like because they think its cool to have blood and violence.
#18 Posted by iGaze (788 posts) -
anyother games that aren't rated m but are still not that kiddy i guess thats the wordWielgoz
I few non-kiddy games... MPH Star Fox Command Age of Empires 2 Lost in Blue
#19 Posted by mac906 (22536 posts) -
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice For All are two great examples of games for teens as well as adults. :)
#20 Posted by DEWMAN08 (2145 posts) -
M-rated games aren't meant for the DS. You can count out shooters, survival-horror(except for RE) etc. Those games are just plain not for the DS.
#21 Posted by valppy (59 posts) -
er.....my dad...which is around his 40, used my lite to play cooking mama and nintendogs
#22 Posted by djnoname (313 posts) -

My vote that if the game is fun and looks good, play it.

Who cares if it rated "M."

If your only into video games for rated "M," games then you've clearly missed the whole existence of video games.

#23 Posted by AsadMahdi59 (6862 posts) -
try metroid or castelvania. theres a new fps brothers in arms coming out sometime.
#24 Posted by Wielgoz (300 posts) -

My vote that if the game is fun and looks good, play it.

Who cares if it rated "M."

If your only into video games for rated "M," games then you've clearly missed the whole existence of video games.

djnoname
i wasnt aking if it was m rated i was asking about games that people think are good that arnt completely "little kid games" sorry if i asked the question wrong
#25 Posted by DMRaMeX (3569 posts) -
i'm 21 and i play new super mario bros. and mario kart all the time. i know a lot more little kids that play gta and the like because they think its cool to have blood and violence.romocop33

Wow, he asked about what games are in the ds are m rated. You don't have to go bash other games. Now that's immature.
Avatar image for AuthenticKaizen
#26 Posted by AuthenticKaizen (284 posts) -

castlevania: dawn of sorrow

castlevania: portrait of a ruin

metroid prime hunters

ninja gaiden dragon swords

#27 Posted by podliver (1765 posts) -
Advance Wars Days of Ruin is one of the best strategy games ever made IMO, and it definitely isn't childish.
#28 Posted by gameplayingmom (71 posts) -

Grown-up games....hmmmm.... I would say Age of Empires or Brothers in Arms. Also Professor Layton, it may have a "younger look" to it but some of the puzzles are hard and really make you think. Dementium is most definitely NOT for little ones. It scares me, I admit I am a big chicken.

#29 Posted by DeathScape666 (8599 posts) -

up to date the only M rated game for the DS has been Resident Evil DS o-o...the only one...well i aint complaining xD im very satisfied with all the sweet games that are available right now... most of them are rated T O.o isnt that enough xD?Link_fan_316

No, Touch the Dead, Dementium: The Ward, and a few other DS games are also rated M.

#30 Posted by paulbunker85 (279 posts) -
Dude..........That post was from like..............5 centuries ago...........Back then REDS was the only M-rated game.
#31 Posted by flying_ramen (602 posts) -
ninja gaiden. probably.
#32 Posted by Gaming4_Life (775 posts) -
The whole mature thing is an ego war if you ask me. It's like I understand that yes some of the gmaes are geared down, but at the same time my 9 year old brother is just as crazy about mario kart as I am. Once you get passed the highschool and teenager stage life is alot of fun. Yes I'm 18 and yes I still play mario and metroid. SO WHAT!!! lol /rant
#33 Posted by Larrybutzz (42 posts) -
I know theres alot of games for DS tageting a younger aduiance but what are some DS games for the older generation. if you got a reccomdation tell us what game it is and give a description why you think this games if for an older aduiance.Wielgoz
#34 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8399 posts) -

[QUOTE="Link_fan_316"]up to date the only M rated game for the DS has been Resident Evil DS o-o...the only one...well i aint complaining xD im very satisfied with all the sweet games that are available right now... most of them are rated T O.o isnt that enough xD?DeathScape666

No, Touch the Dead, Dementium: The Ward, and a few other DS games are also rated M.

Realize that post was from a year ago when those games weren't out yet.
#35 Posted by GamerJM (1218 posts) -

Eh, there aren't a whole lot, but blood and swearing don't really make a good game. Anyone can enjoy Pokemon D/P.

#36 Posted by joshstyle (125 posts) -

try some shooters like MPH,CFD4 or puzzles

#37 Posted by Arclight_Blue (2830 posts) -
Real Men Play CONTRA 4
#38 Posted by cs_a_c_e (42 posts) -
mature would be feel the magic. :?
#39 Posted by Indigo_Eyes (25 posts) -

Therisia

Project Rub

Assassin's Creed

Ace Attorney series

There r heaps just google stuff like adventure ds games or mystery ds games. Also there are alot of good anime ones (not sure if in English)

#40 Posted by MKOHLER2009 (261 posts) -

Phoenix Wright series, Hotel Dusk Room 215, Trace Memory, and the Lost In Blue series are all good for a more mature audience.

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
#41 Posted by Soulreavercross (19890 posts) -
Let's leave dead outdated threads alone.