Mario RPG corrupted?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sirGiZZalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sirGiZZalot
Member since 2005 • 130 Posts

does this happen to anyone?

Everytime i press the Home button while playing Mario RPG (VC) the wii freezes. When i load up the game when i turn it on again i get a message saying that the datat is corrupted and cannot be used. Everytime this happens i have to start the game over. last time i was in trhe middle of the Booster wedding... this is getting unbelievably frustrating.

If this has happened to anyone, have you found a solution where you don't have to erase the save data in order to play the game again?

Thanks for the help in advance

Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts
just delete the game and redownload it. Your save data is a seperately stored file, so no owrries on losing your saved game.
sirGiZZalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sirGiZZalot

yeah i tried that, didn't do a damn thing.

If there was only a way to get around the "save state" that is activated with the home button. If i can access my saved file without going directly to the save state then i'd be able to bypass the problem.

Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mike1978Smith
I would delete both the game and the save data, then redownload the game. If you still have the same problem, then just don't hit the home key while playing it. Just usethe in-game save feature and reset the Wii to out of the game.
sirGiZZalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sirGiZZalot
i guess it couldn't hurt to try again. But man, sometimes its just a knee jerk and i press it by mistake. It would be good to not have to worry about it at all.
shark2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shark2k6
Member since 2006 • 1512 Posts

Yeah, I would delete the saved file also. Could be that Mario RPG is not corrupted but the actual save data got corrupted. Computers can be finicky sometimes and it could just be something with the saved data. If that does not work I would give Nintendo a call and ask them about it. Let us know if deleting the save data works out or not.

-Shark2k

sirGiZZalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sirGiZZalot

no, i've deleted the save data several times. Thats the only way i can get the game to start again at all. I've re-downloaded, twice and deleted my save file 3 times (soon to be four). THis game is just messed up. I will call nintendo though. It is quite odd because i have never had a problem with my Wii before this. All of my other VC games (over 24) have never had a problem remotely similiar to this.

Do you have the game aswell?

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts
i have the game and when i press the home button and then go back into the game it just starts me wherever i was. My suggestion would be to not press the home button. Always save it then turn the wii system off.
Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mike1978Smith

no, i've deleted the save data several times. Thats the only way i can get the game to start again at all. I've re-downloaded, twice and deleted my save file 3 times (soon to be four). THis game is just messed up. I will call nintendo though. It is quite odd because i have never had a problem with my Wii before this. All of my other VC games (over 24) have never had a problem remotely similiar to this.

Do you have the game aswell?

sirGiZZalot

have you had both the save data andthe game deleted at the same time? Or are you just deleting one at a time and tryign again? It could be that whatever is causing the problem keeps transferring back and forth between the two files. Make sure you delete BOTH save data and the game before redownloading the game and trying again.

If you're still having issues after that, then I suggest backing up your data (not SMRPG!) on an SD card and formatting your Wii.

SSlater413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SSlater413
Member since 2008 • 514 Posts
I haven't had any problems with Mario RPG.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#11 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
I didn't have any problems but I heard about the issues and I am keeping a backup save on my SD card just in case.
tommy--F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tommy--F
Member since 2008 • 502 Posts
ask Nintendo? I dunno. Mine's fine
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
I use have to save my state all the time; never froze. You might have a bunk download. I would call nintendo, they are great with customer service. Your Wii isn't modded is it?
CharlieStinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CharlieStinks
Member since 2006 • 198 Posts
i played my copy for like 4 days straight and finished it, no problems here. i did notice a few very minor graphics glitches, but i'm pretty sure it was like that on the original version.
Karstux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Karstux
Member since 2006 • 80 Posts
Same problem I got. I guess il have to ring customer support unless anyone has the answer. My Wii is certainly the real thing with no mods brought in 07 in Uk
skyenc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 skyenc
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I just called Nintendo. They said it's a problem with the game save data... I quote: "Someone dropped the ball on this one." So, all you can do is delete both the channel and the save data and hope it doesn't happen again. Annoying! I was so close to finishing!
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#17 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
never happened to me before :? or any game for the matter
inflammable01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 inflammable01
Member since 2007 • 1374 Posts
I've never had that problem with Mario RPG or any other VC game (I have about 11). Sorry to hear. If I were you, I'd call Nintendo's customer service like some have already suggested.
mals96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 mals96
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

yh i agree call nintendo's services