Mario Party 8 Rating question?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xMAVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xMAVx
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
it didnt score that well with GS rating. but is it still a good game? cause i was planning to get it for small get togethers and all but the rating is really hurting my judgement with it. help when you guys can. thanks
DrDeath10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DrDeath10
Member since 2005 • 689 Posts
It all really depends on whether you've enjoyed previous installments of the Mario Party series.  If you do like it, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun playing it with a group of your friends.  If you've grown tired of the Mario Party franchise, I would recommend you look for another game.
creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
I think it's probebly a great game depending on how many other mario party games you have played. I for example last only played mario party 2 (yeeeep....been a loong time, lol) so even if mario party 8 on the Wii is very similar to the ones on the NGC then it's still new and wonderful to me, maybe
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#4 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
It depends how many you have played if you haven't played alot of Mario Party games then get it. If you have though you might want to get something else.
xMAVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xMAVx
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
ive only played the ones on n64 and i miss hurting the palm of my hand from rotatiing the joystick so many times XD
f5lesnar2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#6 f5lesnar2000
Member since 2003 • 5649 Posts
I got it yesterday, and its honestly not as bad as they make it out to be. The graphics dont look like something out of Smash Bros Brawl but they're good nonetheless. They coulda done some tweaking with the wii remote integration, some moments are just awkward, overall its a better game than they portray. Also may note I'm one of the people who hasnt played a MarioParty since the first ones
DarkForse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DarkForse
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts
gamespot does not like anythin without blood,first person shooter,or alas great graphics, games are not mature in any way thats the truth, its FUN,QUIRKY,WELL PRESENTED,GOOD FOR ALL AGES, but sadly it doesnt have the MASTER CHEIF ohh well it shouldve eyy 6.5 (perfect oh im soo good)
mno00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 mno00
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
hey well i had played 1,2,3,4,5,and7 and I own 1, 2, 5, and 7  and 8 of course, and yes they are new minigames that few look like MP7 but all mario party's had little remakes, if you already own wario ware for wii change it for mario party becouse it is the same thing but it is not that fast,  if you have friends that like mario and you enjoy challenging them to know who's the best then buy it, it is not good for solo playing
Guckyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Guckyy
Member since 2007 • 1227 Posts
Why do you have a question mark at the end of the title?
ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts

gamespot does not like anythin without blood,first person shooter,or alas great graphics, games are not mature in any way thats the truth, its FUN,QUIRKY,WELL PRESENTED,GOOD FOR ALL AGES, but sadly it doesnt have the MASTER CHEIF ohh well it shouldve eyy 6.5 (perfect oh im soo good)DarkForse

you're an ignorant moron. report me i don't care. you're just a fanboy.

and as a rebuttle to your statement

Wario Ware got a 9.1, matching Rainbow Six:Vegas, which by your definition is the only type of game that people who work for gamespot like.

Mario Party 8 sucks because its the 7th sequel to a concept that never was perfect in the first place. You might like it because you don't look for depth in a game but to the other people who don't go "OOOH PRETTY COLORS" at the tv screen, the shallow gameplay might not be enough.

I think ill stop now before i go even further.

SithJedi66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SithJedi66
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts
Its fun with a group of people
stilfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stilfro
Member since 2005 • 372 Posts
I've played it the past two nights in a row. Last night I stayed up til 1:30 playing it even though I needed to get up early for work. I just couldn't put the remote down.
BonesNFG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 BonesNFG
Member since 2007 • 356 Posts

ive only played the ones on n64 and i miss hurting the palm of my hand from rotatiing the joystick so many times XDxMAVx

I miss that feeling also... I like mario party 8 but it all depends on how often u play with other people and how well u like the other games