Mario Kart speculation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts

With Mario Kart Wii out in the world these days, this has got me already excited for the next portable installment to the series. What could they possibly add to make it more awesome than it's already become? What new characters could they include? What should some of the courses be? Any new items you think would be awesome?

Personally, I just want to see Diddy Kong and Funky Kong make it to the small screen.

ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ECG_24
Member since 2008 • 1653 Posts
I think the next handheld will have motion sensing so you may control it in a similar way to the Wii wheel. That would move the screen though so it might not be the best choice. I wouldn't change Mario Kart much, just update the graphics, perfect the online play, add voice chat, bring back multiplayer grand prix and you've got a winner.
Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

I think the next handheld will have motion sensing so you may control it in a similar way to the Wii wheel. That would move the screen though so it might not be the best choice. I wouldn't change Mario Kart much, just update the graphics, perfect the online play, add voice chat, bring back multiplayer grand prix and you've got a winner.ECG_24

Hopefully ignore every they put on Mario Kart Wii (like how MK DS was nothing like Double Dash).

Make a true sequal of Mario Kart DS with more missions, a story mode, get rid of rankings for GPs and leave them just for missions, no blue shells, 12 player battle that doesn't force you into teams, stunt mode, co-op GP.

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts
I dont want to be the bringer of bad news but I think the next portable mario kart will show up at nintendo's next handheld console, that would probably be around 3 or less years from now
Legend_of_Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Legend_of_Geno
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts
yeah u would need a new console for that. unless they did an expansion pack... which is very very unlikely
drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 drummer131

Yeah, that's what I meant. The next handheld.

What, you guys thought I was talking about a sequel to MKDS for the DS??? Nah.

Now I was thinking. I think DK's level should include one of those big cannon thingies. There hasn't been one of those on a handheld MK and I think that'd be sweet.

myols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 myols
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts

^ You get shot out of a Cannon on Airship Fortress on MK: DS.

If they do make another Mario Kart for the DS, I would like it to maybe have a difficulty mode. I can easily breeze through all 4 GP types, so I would like to be able to challenge myself. However, it shouldn't be mandatory or effect the overall game. It sounds confusing, but it is rather simply. You get the same results from playing on both difficulties, it simply makes for a good challenge. Not sure how that would work for online play, as some people might try and win lots of races in easy groups when they should be playing in the harder, etc.

Other than that, more Grand Prixs? I'm not trying to be selfish, but even two more Grand Prixs isn't asking much on top of the eight. I mean, half the cups used recycled maps anyways. Would it be so hard to make 4 new maps, and recycle four more old ones :roll:.

Blazevoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Blazevoir
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
Stop snaking, more stages, more missions, More kars, like bikes perhaps. more GP's 12 people races. Stunts would be great.
vatterott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 vatterott
Member since 2006 • 1842 Posts
In game voice chat (online), and 6 player online.
drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 drummer131

^ You get shot out of a Cannon on Airship Fortress on MK: DS.

myols

hehe, so you do! Goes to show ya how long it's been since I've played that level.

drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 drummer131

Cool idea for a new course: A level that involves landing on Switch "pads". You know, instead of the Switch "button" things you jumped on in Super Mario World, you could have pads. They change the actual path the track takes.

Or, you could have a level that's like a roller coaster. You get shot up to the top and then it's all downhill from there. You could have boost pads that allow for actual corkscrews, they've already done loops so we know those are possible, you could have the track itself slant to the left or right, like how the Rainbow Road track has done at times in the past...

AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

I'd like to see less filler tracks that are more like chores to get through than fun; and of course, more creative tracks.

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts

no more snes and gba tracks, sure nostalgia is good but please its time to leave this tracks in the past

also Id wish for the "BLUE SHELL OF DEATH" to appear less frequently

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
- The blue shell better travel on the ground like it used to and fall in holes or gaps if there are any. - Not so many babies - A RAINBOW CUP... am I the only one who wouldn't think that'd be sweet? - FULL control of drifting, not the stupid BS MK Wii used :? Those are some of the things I want
superluigi96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 superluigi96
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts

-A RAINBOW CUP... am I the only one who wouldn't think that'd be sweet?ZumaJones07

I was half-expecting there to be one on Mario Kart DS when I first saw that there'd be retro tracks on it. But I'd absolutely love to drive all the Rainbow Roads in the same title.

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

More people online at a time would be good...6 or 8, maybe.

Someone above said no more SNES/GBA tracks...I'd say have less, anyway. Most of them are flat and boring.

And somehow, the computer needs to keep track of the last several tracks played online, so you don't get the same one over and over, because some jerk picks Rainbow Road every time. Same for the next console Mario Kart to come out.

REPEATED TRACKS ONLINE SUCK!

wiretoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wiretoss
Member since 2006 • 3030 Posts

Someone above said no more SNES/GBA tracks...I'd say have less, anyway. Most of them are flat and boring.

And somehow, the computer needs to keep track of the last several tracks played online, so you don't get the same one over and over, because some jerk picks Rainbow Road every time. Same for the next console Mario Kart to come out.

ItsEvolution

Figure 8
Figure 8
Figure 8
Figure 8

ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ECG_24
Member since 2008 • 1653 Posts
[QUOTE="ItsEvolution"]

wiretoss

Figure 8
Figure 8
Figure 8
Figure 8

That was the ultimate snaking track, that's why. I remember it always made my thumbs sore.

drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 drummer131
hmm, I like the idea of the Rainbow Cup. We do, after all, have what, six of them now?
Pro-Styler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Pro-Styler
Member since 2008 • 301 Posts
I dont know about new characters but as posted before i hope theres a rainbow Cup, and also an idea for a race track could be Princess Peaches Secret slide from Super Mario 64.
energysnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 energysnake
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts
The ONLY thing i would change to the existing game is better online support, I was really disapoined when i found out there was no online battle mode. They BETTER NOT add the stunt system to it though, its just a waste,i in my opinion the stunts make the game feel "dumbed down" IE less class more flash. Other wise though, the game is fine the way it is, I dont think it needs any more characters or karts but maby some more new tracks, definatly more old tracks though (were's my Toad's Turnpike and Daisy's Cruse Ship?) Oh and a rainbow cup would be friggen awesome with all the rainbow roads from all the games.
Avatar image for SquareEnixRules
SquareEnixRules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SquareEnixRules
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I think they should make some kind of Mario kart Double Dash for the DS because there isnt much else they could improve on the original.

Blazevoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blazevoir
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
^ Yes! I liked DD.
drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 drummer131

^ Yes! I liked DD.Blazevoir

Me too. It's pretty much my favorite MK besides MKDS. I've loved it since I first got it.