Mario Kart = pwnd

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BurnoutAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BurnoutAddict
Member since 2006 • 1373 Posts
Okay, maybe not fully, but check this out. Hopefully more people will buy it/play online than the first DS game. Instant buy for me.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
Looks like a pretty good game but also looks like a generic racer. In my opinion I don't think it would out-do Mario Kart. Mario Kart online experience is so addicting when you find good racers that don't hack or snake.
BurnoutAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BurnoutAddict
But on the DS? You always see these game on the PSP, but never on the DS. I think the ability to make your own tracks adds a great level of depth and can't wait to remake tracks from some of my favorite racers.
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts
yea i also exited for Grid, if they do it right... the online imo sold it for me, i just hope they add leaderboards, custom tracks, like custom puzzles in prof layton, but overall i just hope its a solid game, playes well and looks good, unlike Burnout or NFS on DS, grid does look promising
Sorreltail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sorreltail
Member since 2008 • 293 Posts
I love mario kart .. that looks good though.
mac906

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mac906
Member since 2005 • 22536 Posts
It looks like a very generic racer to me. :(
BurnoutAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BurnoutAddict
Everything can't be Mario Kart, Burnout, or Ridge Racer.
Syao4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Syao4
Member since 2005 • 523 Posts

This game seems awfully boring,all you do is press the D-Pad.

BurnoutAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BurnoutAddict
You kinda do that in all racing games, including Mario Kart. It's called steering. You do it to move the vehicle the direction you wish it to go.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

There's already a realistic game where you can build your own tracks and race online.

Race Driver

BurnoutAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BurnoutAddict
This is the second Race Driver game on the DS. That's why I held off on getting the first one, as I knew this was coming.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

This is the second Race Driver game on the DS. That's why I held off on getting the first one, as I knew this was coming.BurnoutAddict

Huh?

So you knew the first one came out but you never picked it up because you knew they'd be making another?

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

[QUOTE="BurnoutAddict"]This is the second Race Driver game on the DS. That's why I held off on getting the first one, as I knew this was coming.Jaysonguy

Huh?

So you knew the first one came out but you never picked it up because you knew they'd be making another?

nowadays things tend to be that way :|

BurnoutAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BurnoutAddict

[QUOTE="BurnoutAddict"]This is the second Race Driver game on the DS. That's why I held off on getting the first one, as I knew this was coming.Jaysonguy

Huh?

The developers said not to long after the game came out (I was waiting for reviews, was satisfied, but then waited for money), they said that they were working on a second game. I figured that I might as well wait.

nezardm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nezardm
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts
How can you evenuly try to compare this crap in the same category with mario cart! this is just another stupid gangester night racer in da hood at the back of the law and da streets :roll: isnt there like a million games like this out there? jesus...
skreetpreacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#16 skreetpreacha
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts

well, I just tried out Gt4 on my PS2 and was utterly bored by the "realism" of it, by going extremely slow, taking extremely long to brake, accelerate and slow down to 20 MPH for every corner. This game looks alot like a "realistic" racing game like Gran Turismo, which some people like, but it's not for me, and doesn't have near the mass appeal as Mario Kart.

Archale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 Archale
Member since 2006 • 2129 Posts
Wow, it looks awesome, yet a game can't be judged by how it looks :). Normally I dispise racing games(maskot racers are a whole other thing....)but this one actually looks appealing, I wonder how'll it play out
BurnoutAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BurnoutAddict
Meh, w/e. I've never cared at all for Mario Kart. Unless they totally jacked it up, this will surely be better than the first.
foreversai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 foreversai
Member since 2004 • 1801 Posts

GRID is good, but it looks and i suppose it will be, like most of the other generic racers like NFS, etc.
The ability to make your own race track sounds pretty cool though, but i don't know how much that can contribute to online play, will people be able to download the map you've made, and use it for multiplayer online?
And anyways, racers like this can't really compare to Mario Kart. Mario Kart has a drift system that generic racers dont use, it adds a different type of skill needed and there's the fun item system to it as well.
(which adds in some strategy to whether you really wanna lead all the way or not or stay in middle ranks for better items, etc)
I'd say Mario Kart is more of a party racing game, which i would say is more fun then generic racing games, but at the same time requires skill and some tactic/strategy.

Pro-Styler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pro-Styler
Member since 2008 • 301 Posts

How can you evenuly try to compare this crap in the same category with mario cart! this is just another stupid gangester night racer in da hood at the back of the law and da streets :roll: isnt there like a million games like this out there? jesus...nezardm

OMG you disrespectin daa homie gangsters, man imma pimp and ill pop one in your head, you a player hater. (jk, lol)

yes your right it is just another game in "da hood" as you would say. But there are barely any of these games on the DS that have become something worth playing (need for speed carbon was a failure :( ) Thats why there is a moderate amount of hype around this game. Also you made an assumption, you judged a book by its cover, which isnt a good decision.

It may not even be in the same league as Mario Kart but all games have there good qualities

BurnoutAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BurnoutAddict

[QUOTE="nezardm"]How can you evenuly try to compare this crap in the same category with mario cart! this is just another stupid gangester night racer in da hood at the back of the law and da streets :roll: isnt there like a million games like this out there? jesus...Pro-Styler

OMG you disrespectin daa homie gangsters, man imma pimp and ill pop one in your head, you a player hater. (jk, lol)

yes your right it is just another game in "da hood" as you would say. But there are barely any of these games on the DS that have become something worth playing (need for speed carbon was a failure :( ) Thats why there is a moderate amount of hype around this game. Also you made an assumption, you judged a book by its cover, which isnt a good decision.

It may not even be in the same league as Mario Kart but all games have there good qualities

... "Da hood"!? You obviously know of NFS and Mario Kart as the only racers out there. Aside from those boss neon lights (in Japan races only), the TOCA/Race Driver series has nothing in common with the Need For Speed series.

Also, I'm not judging a book by it's cover. I'm judging it by the first game on the DS, which came out last year. One would assume that the devs have fixed the two problems with the first game (easy AI and graphically wonky turns).