Mario Kart DS similar to Crash Bandicoot?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

greengloop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 greengloop
Member since 2004 • 285 Posts
I remember playing soem game called Crash Bandicoot or soemthing with my friend on the PlayStation. So I was wondering if Mario Kart DS is similar to it and what major differences there are in gameplay? For those who ahve played both, which one do you think is more fun?
travt-down

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 travt-down
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts

Excuse me for a second, my head just exploded....

K

Better now. You are thinking of Crash Team Racing which was a kart racer using characters from the Crash Bandicoot series of games on the PS1. Crash Bandicoot was HUGE in the PS days. And yes all kart racers have similarities. Arcadey, weapons, loose physics, etc.

Avatar image for UltimateXShadow
UltimateXShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 UltimateXShadow
Member since 2005 • 2312 Posts

Do you mean Crash Team Racing? It does bear similarities to Mario Kart 64, so you may enjoy playing it.

EDIT: O.K., I was beaten to the punch. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Crash team racing does bare some similaritys to mario kart DS, if your looking for an adventure mode like it had you might b better off wiht diddy kong racing DS
laurensnaudts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 laurensnaudts
Member since 2003 • 398 Posts

If you liked Crash team racing (my first contact with arcade, fun kartgames) you should really buy Mario Kart Ds.

DokiXAdvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 DokiXAdvance
Member since 2008 • 90 Posts
Crash Team Racing was one of my all time favorite games back on the PlayStation. I also love Mario Kart DS. They have lots of similarities so I think you'll enjoy it if you liked CTR.
greengloop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 greengloop
Member since 2004 • 285 Posts
I didnt really like crash team racing that much. It was alright o play once in a while but it wasnt somehting I would buy. Do you think Mario Kart would be any better? How cna I try it out?
Yadish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 Yadish
Member since 2005 • 821 Posts

Well given the fact that Mario Kart is portable it gives it a bit of an edge, The only thing I like better about Crash Team Racing was the story mode, but other than that Mario is better in all other aspects. Mario Kart also has online.

Archale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Archale
Member since 2006 • 2129 Posts
Yep, Crash racing was a great PSX racer(Back then, you could have said Crash was Sony's unnofficial mascot), and although he has become multiplatform(Since the PS2/GC/XBOX era, actually) his racing games are still competing against Mario's. Anyways, the point is, the racing games are similar, so if you liked any Crash Racer, you'll enjoy MK DS.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
That game was a rip off of Mario Kart, so yeah.
podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts
If you enjoyed Crash Team Racing (I did when I used to play my PS all the time :D) then you will definitely enjoy Mario Kart DS
burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Crash Team Racing is one of my favourite games of all time. I do not like Mario Kart DS at all. If you like CTR is does NOT mean you will definitely like Mario Kart. They aren't anywhere near as similar as people say they are. Track design is very different, CTR has the airtime boost feature, has alot more 3D tracks with more jumps and things. The powerslide is very different in both games. Personally I hate MK's powerslide and absolutely love CTRs. MK doesn't have much of a single player when compared to CTR because CTR has the adventure mode. The weapons are near enough the same in both games but thats the closest similarity I'd say they have. They dont play anything alike imo.

Personally I love CTR and hate MKDS but each to their own. Like I said they aren't really that similar and different people will like different things. Basically I fell into the trap of buying MKDS because I love CTR and I thought they would be similar. I just feel I should warn you that they aren't that similar before you buy it and realise you dont like it like I did. If you have a Wii you can download the demo using the DS download feature.

vatterott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 vatterott
Member since 2006 • 1842 Posts
MK DS is more fun. If you have wireless internet, it's a must.