Mario Kart - can't unlock Toadette

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tammyisblessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tammyisblessed
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I've been trying to unlock Toadette for my kids. I've played all 32 time trials but she won't show up. I've tried exiting the game (even removing the disk), still nothing. Do they have to all be completed in one session? Or do they have to be done in a certain order?

Please help!

Thanks!

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
sounds weird. I dont have her either. But if its in one session, then GG...
Resimaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Resimaniac
Member since 2008 • 683 Posts

I've been trying to unlock Toadette for my kids. I've played all 32 time trials but she won't show up. I've tried exiting the game (even removing the disk), still nothing. Do they have to all be completed in one session? Or do they have to be done in a certain order?

Please help!

Thanks!

tammyisblessed
OK if you completed all 32 (Different) time trials just play another Cup to unlock toadette
tammyisblessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tammyisblessed

Tried that, it still didn't work.

I doublechecked that I did all 32 different time trials by going into each one and checking if a Player "ghost" was there. They all had player "ghosts" available so that should mean I didn't miss any right?

Resimaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Resimaniac
Member since 2008 • 683 Posts
hmm.. Well, I've unlocked Toadette months ago I don't remember very well. I THINK you have to beat the set time/ghosts for it to count
Zelda_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 Zelda_89
Member since 2009 • 410 Posts
i think you need to beat all the expert ghosts
sicteliko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 sicteliko
Member since 2005 • 479 Posts

i think you need to beat all the expert ghostsZelda_89

No, you don't need to do that. Just playing time trials on all 32 tracks should do it. I don't know what's causing the problem...maybe you haven't unlocked all tracks?

sicteliko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sicteliko
Also, the unlocking of characters and tracks is license dependent...so if you've driven those time trials on your license, Toadette might not show up on one of your children's.
tammyisblessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tammyisblessed

We all use the same license, so that's not the problem.

Am I doublechecking correctly? If I have raced it properly it will give a Player option to play against (instead of just the Nin option). Correct?

sicteliko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sicteliko

We all use the same license, so that's not the problem.

Am I doublechecking correctly? If I have raced it properly it will give a Player option to play against (instead of just the Nin option). Correct?

tammyisblessed
Yeah, but you can check it easier. When selecting the Time Trial option, select a character and then in the next screen where you have to select a track, you can move over the tracks with the cursor and you should see a time in the bottom-right corner. If it says --:--:-- there, you haven't set a time on that track yet.
tammyisblessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tammyisblessed

Thanks!

I doublechecked and I had played them all. I played one of them again - and then it worked!! Weird - but I'm just glad we finally have her.

Now to get a star rank on mirror cups - ugh, I think that one's hopeless. Where do I go for tips on that?

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts

Thanks!

I doublechecked and I had played them all. I played one of them again - and then it worked!! Weird - but I'm just glad we finally have her.

Now to get a star rank on mirror cups - ugh, I think that one's hopeless. Where do I go for tips on that?

tammyisblessed
You just have to run a clean race. Don't mess up too much and place first on most courses to score closely to 60 points by the end of the cups. And use a fast character(baby daisy, daisy, funky kong) with a quick bike(bullet, mach, bowser bike).
tammyisblessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tammyisblessed

Thanks for the tips.

That blue spidy-shell drives me nuts! That thing always gets me.

I didn't realize you could get a one-star rating without getting 60 points. But I just did it on Mushroom Cup with 57! 1 down, 7 to go.