Mario Galaxy on 3DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hanzpumpsYOUup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hanzpumpsYOUup
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts
What are your thoughts on the possibility that mario galaxy (ies) would be released on the 3DS at some point in the future? Now that the 3DS is beefed up in terms of graphics capabilities, does it seem like more of a possibility? Since it took 8 years to see Mario 64 on the handheld, maybe I am a bit too optimistic in thinking they could make this happen... I'd like to hear your thoughts
cjek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cjek
Member since 2003 • 14327 Posts
You're not being too optimistic. The DS was underpowered in terms of hardware for 2004/2005, and the Wii was underpowered for 2006. The 3DS on the other hand is certainly not underpowered and would be able to handle Galaxy and Sunshine pretty easily in my opinion, based on what we've seen of the device so far. In fact these are two of my most desired titles for the 3DS, but they haven't even been announced so who knows. And Wind Waker.. give me that too please :)
Avatar image for TotodilePwnsYou
TotodilePwnsYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 TotodilePwnsYou
Member since 2011 • 63 Posts

I could definitely see a new Super Mario Galaxy 3DS happening. Sunshine, I wouldn't hold my breathe, but it'd be cool if it happened.

Eliteshadow413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Eliteshadow413
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts

When you say Mario Galaxy you don't mean the original one right? I think they should make a new Mario Galaxy I mean we already have enough ports coming to the 3DS IMO

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy 3D is a rather obvious title.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts

When you say Mario Galaxy you don't mean the original one right? I think they should make a new Mario Galaxy I mean we already have enough ports coming to the 3DS IMO

Eliteshadow413
Thats how I feel. We don't want the 3DS to turn out like the PSP where every good game is a port that we've already played. Thats why i'm not so excited for an Ocarina of Time remake. I would rather have a brand new Wind Waker sequel.
yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 yellonet
Member since 2004 • 7768 Posts

I hope they're done with the 'galaxy' thing and bring us a real open-world 3D Mario.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

We don't want the 3DS to turn out like the PSP where every good game is a port that we've already played. Thats why i'm not so excited for an Ocarina of Time remake. I would rather have a brand new Wind Waker sequel.riariases

The thing to remember about ports is that not everybody has played the original.

hanzpumpsYOUup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hanzpumpsYOUup
good point. I am one of those that will not have played the original to its entirety. I actually like what they did with the Mario 64DS, because it was basically a port but had enough new stuff in there to keep it interesting for those of us who played the original....
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 riariases

[QUOTE="riariases"]We don't want the 3DS to turn out like the PSP where every good game is a port that we've already played. Thats why i'm not so excited for an Ocarina of Time remake. I would rather have a brand new Wind Waker sequel.dzimm

The thing to remember about ports is that not everybody has played the original.

Thats true but i'd still rather have original titles most of the time.
zmanrwks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 zmanrwks
Member since 2010 • 12562 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy could probably run well on the 3DS, however I have doubts they will port it to the 3D handheld anytime soon. It would also seem pointless to me though.

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

[QUOTE="Eliteshadow413"]

riariases

Thats how I feel. We don't want the 3DS to turn out like the PSP where every good game is a port that we've already played. Thats why i'm not so excited for an Ocarina of Time remake. I would rather have a brand new Wind Waker sequel.

Theres already been two Wind Waker sequels.

I don't see SMG on the 3DS it dosen't really make sense. 2D mario is going to be first

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

It could be done for sure, but do we really want another Galexy (port or new)? I feel I would rather want to see a new Mario game, obviously bringing innovation to game play (like the main mario games have always done, and besides 3D, lol).

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 riariases
[QUOTE="LaytonsCat"]

[QUOTE="riariases"][QUOTE="Eliteshadow413"]

I don't see SMG on the 3DS it dosen't really make sense. 2D mario is going to be first

I know that, I just meant they should continue with te story line.
hiturheartx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hiturheartx
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
A brand new Galaxy that features unique 3D functions would be awesome.
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

[QUOTE="LaytonsCat"]

[QUOTE="riariases"] Thats how I feel. We don't want the 3DS to turn out like the PSP where every good game is a port that we've already played. Thats why i'm not so excited for an Ocarina of Time remake. I would rather have a brand new Wind Waker sequel.riariases

then you should have said it. I'm honestly not sure of there ever being a 3D mario 3DS game

hanzpumpsYOUup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hanzpumpsYOUup

[QUOTE="riariases"][QUOTE="LaytonsCat"]

LaytonsCat

then you should have said it. I'm honestly not sure of there ever being a 3D mario 3DS game

Why dont you think Nintendo would make a 3DS mario installment?
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I don't think the should do a remake/re-release of SMG, but a new game (SMG3?) with the same engine on 3DS could only be awesome.

As for remakes though no, the only games I would like to see remade for the 3DS apart from what is already coming is Luigi's Mansion and Zelda Wind Waker.

LetsPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LetsPlayer
Member since 2010 • 198 Posts
Possible: Touch Screen replaces use of Wii-mote. Definite reduction of Graphics is imminent.