mario football???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by redsoox24 (126 posts) -

does anybody else out there want to see a mario football game where you can choose from all mario characters and make one awesome football team and possibly have it online.

i no there is madden but i would like to see this. anyone else

#2 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -
We're international here

Football like soccer or football like NFL?
#3 Posted by redsoox24 (126 posts) -
like nfl they already are making soccer
#4 Posted by redsoox24 (126 posts) -
sry for the confusion
#5 Posted by Duckman5 (18934 posts) -
We're international here

Jaysonguy
Well he means like NFL otherwise he would have said "Futbol" It's only pronounced "Football"
#6 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -
Yeah that's why I asked, no prob

I think it would be interesting, American football and hockey never get Mario games. I wonder if that's because Nintendo feels those markets are saturated enough by EA and 2K or of they just don't want to make them.
#7 Posted by zachdragon (1707 posts) -
We wont see it they only do the sports that are worldwide
#8 Posted by Xythos09 (2458 posts) -
I honestly don't want to see it, but if it happens, then I wouldn't mind.
#9 Posted by rbrown3 (4148 posts) -
We wont see it they only do the sports that are worldwidezachdragon
American Football is worldwide, ever heard of NFL Europe? And NFL plays exhibition games all over the world. I just heard today that they are planning to play 8 regular season games in 2008 all over Europe, and I there is talk of having one of those games in Egypt
Avatar image for Viewtiful_Joker
#10 Posted by Viewtiful_Joker (670 posts) -
[QUOTE="zachdragon"]We wont see it they only do the sports that are worldwiderbrown3
American Football is worldwide, ever heard of NFL Europe? And NFL plays exhibition games all over the world. I just heard today that they are planning to play 8 regular season games in 2008 all over Europe, and I there is talk of having one of those games in Egypt

Not to mention Eyeshield 21's stranglehold over japan.
#11 Posted by Arnalion (3316 posts) -
[QUOTE="zachdragon"]We wont see it they only do the sports that are worldwiderbrown3

The sport is like non existing. It's that small.
Avatar image for nintendomaruigi
#12 Posted by nintendomaruigi (496 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]We're international here

Duckman5
Well he means like NFL otherwise he would have said "Futbol" It's only pronounced "Football"

t  Its spelled "football" and pronounced "football" in numerous countrys. Anyhoo im mixed but id buy it im shure thay would do somthing to make it good, just dont let Namco get ahold of it!!
#13 Posted by rbrown3 (4148 posts) -
[QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="zachdragon"]We wont see it they only do the sports that are worldwideArnalion

The sport is like non existing. It's that small.

If you consider "non existing" being generating more money than rougly 100 entire countries then you are correct. However, that is not small, so that makes you wrong, you just don't enjoy american football, therefore you choose to belittle it
#14 Posted by DTM_haloLEG3ND (730 posts) -
there arnt really enough people
#15 Posted by coonana (5909 posts) -

As long as they do it right. I mean look at all the sports ganes they botch up. Soccer, Basketball, and so on. The only ones they do right is Mario Golf and Tennis.

Here is my idea for their Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, American Football Mario games:

1) There has to be full teams (they cant have one main character with a bunch of goombas on the team). They need to have to have matching teams like Mario team, DK team, Bowser team, and so on. There can be side characters on the team but they cant all be side character like Super Mario Strikers.

2) Items like mushrooms, coins, bombs, and all those should not be too intrusive. They need to find a careful balance on how they incorporate these items.

3) Each character has a special ability and they all have varying stats (stamina, accuracy....).

4) Online play, System Link Up, 4 player splitscreen, and all the works. Sports games are limited as it is give it as much replay value as possible.

5) Mini games should be relevant.

6) So far all Mario Sports games have been Second Part meaning Nintendo only publishes the game and some lazy dev uses Mario's franchise popularity to push a sluggish product. If Nintendo cannot find a dev that is willing to make a game that lives up to the tremendous potential that a Mario Sports game can be then NINTENDO SHOULD MAKE IT FIRST PARTY DEVELOPMENT.

7) They need to use lots of Nintendo franchise characters like DK, Kirby, and teams that make up smaller franchises like Kid Icarus, Ness and people like that all on one team. ALso hopefully some third party franchises like SONIC!!!

What do you think? I think this would make a great set of sports games.  

#16 Posted by redsoox24 (126 posts) -

As long as they do it right. I mean look at all the sports ganes they botch up. Soccer, Basketball, and so on. The only ones they do right is Mario Golf and Tennis.

Here is my idea for their Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, American Football Mario games:

1) There has to be full teams (they cant have one main character with a bunch of goombas on the team). They need to have to have matching teams like Mario team, DK team, Bowser team, and so on. There can be side characters on the team but they cant all be side character like Super Mario Strikers.

2) Items like mushrooms, coins, bombs, and all those should not be too intrusive. They need to find a careful balance on how they incorporate these items.

3) Each character has a special ability and they all have varying stats (stamina, accuracy....).

4) Online play, System Link Up, 4 player splitscreen, and all the works. Sports games are limited as it is give it as much replay value as possible.

5) Mini games should be relevant.

6) So far all Mario Sports games have been Second Part meaning Nintendo only publishes the game and some lazy dev uses Mario's franchise popularity to push a sluggish product. If Nintendo cannot find a dev that is willing to make a game that lives up to the tremendous potential that a Mario Sports game can be then NINTENDO SHOULD MAKE IT FIRST PARTY DEVELOPMENT.

What do you think? I think this would make a great set of sports games.  

coonana
sounds good to me
#17 Posted by Libralesso (576 posts) -
i want mario boxing
#18 Posted by the_hsoj (1289 posts) -
no already enough Mario rehashes.
#19 Posted by Ritter8point0 (222 posts) -
if they made it like old blitz or nfl street or something it would be cool i think
#20 Posted by SirSpudly (4045 posts) -
i want mario boxingLibralesso

Wii sports was originally designed with Mario characters, but as Miyamoto said at GDC the Mii pattern held up better than generic Mario figures.  This means that Nintendo may be thinking of introducing all sports in the Mii pattern (with real-life locations) in favor of the tired Mario series line of sports.  I know Super Mario Strikers is already in production, but doesn't it seem unusual that Mario Tennis Wii is nowhere to be found?
     If Nintendo combined more popular characters (like Pac-Man in Super Mario Kart GP2) and Mii's into games, it would increase playability as well as fun-factor of unlocking new ways to play a game.  Think of Mii's as the new DK mode; a feagure thats simple to copy, but difficult to outdo.  Lets hope the competition (and third party) picks up on this as quickly as gamers have.
#21 Posted by coonana (5909 posts) -
Now that Miis are there to make simple sports games Nintendo doesnt have to make games like SUper Mario Strikers oberly simple with basic controls tiny fields and no rules. Now they can do the opposite because the Miis are those type of games now.
#22 Posted by skine99 (3130 posts) -

does anybody else out there want to see a mario football game where you can choose from all mario characters and make one awesome football team and possibly have it online.

redsoox24
OMG FINALLY SOMEONE WHO SHARES MY VISION!!! I'd love that 8)
#23 Posted by coonana (5909 posts) -
[QUOTE="redsoox24"]

skine99

they probably will make this game but they will ruin it and make it terrible so dont get your hopes up.

#24 Posted by skine99 (3130 posts) -
[QUOTE="skine99"][QUOTE="redsoox24"]

coonana

they probably will make this game but they will ruin it and make it terrible so dont get your hopes up.

:cry: Youve crushed my hopes and dreams :lol:
Avatar image for DestroyAllNoobs
#27 Posted by DestroyAllNoobs (62 posts) -

coonana

Yeah...that's most probable to happen. You're then going to see Mario Football: Extra Point or something like that (a 2nd part) and that's when that sport gets crappy with Mario. IMO, though, they must have made an american football game instead of the golf second part.

EDIT: Three times the same msg. My bad

#28 Posted by coonana (5909 posts) -
[QUOTE="coonana"][QUOTE="skine99"][QUOTE="redsoox24"]

skine99

:cry: Youve crushed my hopes and dreams :lol:

you dont have to believe me if that is what you mean by your post. Just wait for the review to come out on the game. I guarentee you if it is made by hudson or one of those lazy devs they will make as crappy as all the other Mario Sports games.

#29 Posted by jsd360 (177 posts) -
Out of all the Mario sports games this is the one I have always wanted. I hope they make one someday.
#30 Posted by 00Joseph00 (1578 posts) -
It would be interesting.
#31 Posted by FPSjohn (993 posts) -
Please let there be no more mario sports games. These games should be in the hands of real athletes, not a greasy yet studly plumber.
#32 Posted by hyrueprince11 (5722 posts) -
don´t give nintendo ideas for a new mario sport game
#33 Posted by alpax (696 posts) -
How would they find a way to put in enough characters to an get 11 on 11 matchup going?
#34 Posted by jg4xchamp (61799 posts) -
no,no,no,no. i hate those wierd arcade type football games i like them to be more realistic.
#35 Posted by killerkop (2187 posts) -

coonana
I whole heartedly disagree. The Camelot Sports games are my least favorite from the series. They feel generic and void of character. Where as Super Mario Strikers and Mario Superstar Baseball are cream of the crop of the Mario Sports series. IMHO.
#36 Posted by fraz1776 (2269 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]We're international here

Duckman5

It's not spelt futbol!!!! It was invented in Britain and we spell it Football. Where did people bring this Futbol crap up from?? I hadn't even heard of it till I came on here

#37 Posted by PikaPichu (17813 posts) -

[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]We're international here

fraz1776

It's not spelt futbol!!!! It was invented in Britain and we spell it Football. Where did people bring this Futbol crap up from?? I hadn't even heard of it till I came on here

Because that's how it's spelled in hispanic language. Soccer and Football are distinguished by 'futbol' and 'futbol americano' respectively.
#38 Posted by sonic_spark (5690 posts) -

coonana

Considering how all the other Mario sports games are great, I'll disagree with you.

#39 Posted by coonana (5909 posts) -
[QUOTE="coonana"]

killerkop

I whole heartedly disagree. The Camelot Sports games are my least favorite from the series. They feel generic and void of character. Where as Super Mario Strikers and Mario Superstar Baseball are cream of the crop of the Mario Sports series. IMHO.

Well reviews and sales dont lie when both count against a game that game game being Mario Gold and Mario Tennis scoring and selling much better. Granted they are easier to develop being more of passive type sports but if your gonna do games like soccer and  and baseball where LOADS of potential are but wasted that pisses me off.

#40 Posted by StarFoxCOM (5605 posts) -
Mario football nah i could imgine donkey kong tackleing peach
#41 Posted by 2good2betrue (7791 posts) -

redsoox24
i have been thinking about that ever since i was born, i could just imagine being luigi and running down the field to get stopped by a chain chomp. I really could imagine them doing this. Bigger characters like bowser could be more powerful and truck people while poeple like kirby can have speed. I think if they did, it would be more like backyard football, and not the football where yo have linemen and all of that.