majora's mask - i hate being timed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

muscle_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 muscle_shark
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

I hate being timed with the 3 day limit. You cant explore thoroughly which i think is one of the main integral parts that makes zelda so great. even playing the song of time backwards, it still sucks.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

Sorry you feel that way, personally its probably my favorite Zelda, adter A Link to the Past that is.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

you know you can use the inverted song of time to slow the clock down right?

MM is one of my favorite zeldas too 8)

CanadianEh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 CanadianEh
Member since 2002 • 7173 Posts
There's plenty of time to explore various places fully, you're just doing it wrong. The game is all about time management, and if you can't handle that then you probably wouldn't like it.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#5 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Yes, you need to know how to manage your time. There is plenty of time to do a lot of stuff. I like to take some three-day cycles just to do side-quests and explore without worrying about dungeons.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I never minded being timed. I thought it was a neat concept for sure.

I don't understand though... people seemed to love PH, and that had a lot of timed events in it, but MM always has it's share of people who don't care for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#7 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

If you're losing a lot of time, there is always the next set of three days to go back and try exploring that thing as well. Oh, and the next three days after that. ...And the next three days after that... That would be nice.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

Wow, this is one of the saddest and most incorrect things I have ever read. It's pretty apparent that what you're saying is that you've played and enjoyed Ocarina of Timelike all of us, and probably Wind Waker and Twilight Princess but missed Majora's Mask and are now going back and playing it. The three day time system used in the game is disorienting at first but it is actually f'n brilliant. If you'd played it when it came out you'd understand how revolutionary the idea was. TRUST ME that when you get it, you will fully understand how awesome it is and how much of you're regular Zelda epic adventure it really is.

To sum up: for the love of god man! Be a man and stick it out! This game ROCKS! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Avatar image for Nintendo_Fan128
Nintendo_Fan128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Nintendo_Fan128
Member since 2006 • 4270 Posts

I never cared too much about the time limit because it gives you plenty of time to do everything. I've never ran out of time (well, only ONE time, in the Great Bay Temple)

I hate being timed with the 3 day limit. You cant explore thoroughly which i think is one of the main integral parts that makes zelda so great. even playing the song of time backwards, it still sucks.

muscle_shark

shoryuken_

lol

Avatar image for Derekgilreath93
Derekgilreath93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 Derekgilreath93
Member since 2008 • 5125 Posts
well if it was not time it would be easer to play :P
Boni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Boni
Member since 2005 • 921 Posts
I have to get this game, I heard so many great things about it, I don't really mind the 3 day thing.
Derekgilreath93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Derekgilreath93
lol ya well you do get a song to slow down time but you have to find were to get it :P
shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

I have to get this game, I heard so many great things about it, I don't really mind the 3 day thing.Boni

yea definitely give this game a try, its probably the most unique zelda ever created

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts

shoryuken_
It barely slows the time at all IMO
Boni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Boni
Member since 2005 • 921 Posts
I've heard so many good things about it, and it will be nice to play a different LoZ.
Derekgilreath93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Derekgilreath93
ya it is a good game and does take some time to play it but is still one great game
MFmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#17 MFmotion
Member since 2008 • 176 Posts

Majora's Mask is awesome, but I agree with you in some way. Although I still love the game. _.-_

captkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 captkiwi
Member since 2009 • 137 Posts
I played it after it first came out and I hated being timed too because I didn't know how to slow time. I remember going through the same first dungeon five or six times before completing it hoping for some type of save feature afterwards. When that didn't happen I gave up and stopped playing until I finally realized how to slow time, but by that time I was to fed up with the game. I'm now playing it again on the vc properly and now think it is one of the best Zelda games yet. There is plenty to do, and each section of the game has a particular focus to it which I like.
TropicalGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TropicalGuy
Member since 2004 • 394 Posts
I didnt know how to slow time either, damn!!! I gave up after the goron boss.
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

I liked the time limit! It was cool to see things go differently depending on what you did 8)

reinchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 reinchester
Member since 2004 • 363 Posts

shoryuken_

This. If you slow time down you can easily get the first 2 dungeons done. Wiki says that it is normally a 54 minute time limit for the 3 days, inverted i think slows it down to a 1/4 of that speed. So a little under 3 hours time is available.

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts
I didnt know how to slow time either, damn!!! I gave up after the goron boss.TropicalGuy
the goron boss was easy lol
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#23 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

i never understand how people diss majora's mask for being timed. You're actually not timed. During the 3 days you have you should try to get some kind of progress. Don't feel bad if you don't finish in the time limit. You can reset the timer whenever you want to and so there will be some dungeons and areas that you will not be able to complete in the 3 days, although it is technically possible to do so.

It is a tough game though so I can see how a lot of people are frustrated with it. It is also one of the best gaming experiences ever made.

GAMESHARQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GAMESHARQ
Member since 2008 • 5988 Posts

muscle_shark

That's why I never got Majoras Mask. I hate time limits.

cow_whisperer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cow_whisperer
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts

I liked the time it allows for events/sidequests on certain days but not others e.g. on the 3rd day the miner destroys the boulder blocking the way into the ranch allowing you to get the bunny mask without having to wait until you can get a powder keg.

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

I played Majora's Mask when I just started gaming, and I hated the timing too. I just finished Ocarina of Time and loved that I could explore all I want, but here was this game that limited everything. When I got into it I of course discovered the Song of Time, but I still didn't like the idea. So I gave up on the game.

Now of course it's been almost a decade. So my views have changed and matured slightly, and I am really looking forward to getting Majora's Mask on the Virtual Console when I can. The way they use the time is pretty smart, having certain things happen on certain days, and there were tons of side-quests. You could do one thing one day, then do another the same day by reversing time. I honestly still have some worries... When I played it I remembered the game was so eerie and freaky. I hate having those vibes in games, but I guess I'll have to deal with it like a man... :lol:

muscle_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 muscle_shark

To gripe again on this issue - I was in woodfall temple, and had collected the master key, bow, map and compass. I didnt think I had enough time to beat the boss, so I just used the song of soaring to take me out of the dungeon. I used the song of time so I could restart at day 1 and when I get back to the dungeon my master key is gone? Now I have to go through the whole thing to get it again. This seriously pisses me off, why would nintendo make such a stupid policy?

fluffy_kins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 fluffy_kins
Member since 2006 • 2553 Posts

dont play the game then, muscle. I'm sick of people complaining about a time limit that is hardly hampering to the experience. If you can't handle it, well... turn off the game! :)

muscle_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 muscle_shark

Now that I seem to have gotten the hang of it the time factor isnt that big of a deal, but taking away my master key and the faeries i had collected in the temple is gay No reason for nintendo to add something like that other than to grief the players.

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
This is exactly why I have only played this game a little at my friend's house, even though I really like the LoZ games :?.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

Majora's Mask is a great Zelda game that I've played 3-4 times on the N64 but that doesn't mean the game or rather the whole core of the game isn't slightly flawed.

It's not the best zelda in any way but it's still a game I think every zelda fan must at least try.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

dont play the game then, muscle. I'm sick of people complaining about a time limit that is hardly hampering to the experience. If you can't handle it, well... turn off the game! :)

fluffy_kins

That flawed excuse could be added to any flawed game.

The TC is not alone in thinking this game has it's flaws. He didn't say this game was bad or broken, only that the constant backtracking and slaps in the face on the player from Nintendo again and again can be irritating.

He probably should turn off the game but not because he is bad at it but because Nintendo failed to deliver a satisfying game to him.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
Majora's Mask is made so you can explore the world in that three days limit. Just focus on one area.
Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
That's what makes MM the greatest Zelda to date imo. :) I usually don't like time-based stuff but this game pulled it of perfectly.
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

To gripe again on this issue - I was in woodfall temple, and had collected the master key, bow, map and compass. I didnt think I had enough time to beat the boss, so I just used the song of soaring to take me out of the dungeon. I used the song of time so I could restart at day 1 and when I get back to the dungeon my master key is gone? Now I have to go through the whole thing to get it again. This seriously pisses me off, why would nintendo make such a stupid policy?

muscle_shark

Well the idea is that everything you did in that three day span is lost/never happened.. because well, when you go back in time, nothing has happened yet.

Although, if you do beat a dungeon- go back in time- and for whatever sidequest have to beat the boss you just beat but you went back in time- you still have to fight him again- but you can warp right through him via the warp at the beginning of the temple.

fluffy_kins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 fluffy_kins
Member since 2006 • 2553 Posts

[QUOTE="fluffy_kins"]

JLF1

That flawed excuse could be added to any flawed game.

The TC is not alone in thinking this game has it's flaws. He didn't say this game was bad or broken, only that the constant backtracking and slaps in the face on the player from Nintendo again and again can be irritating.

He probably should turn off the game but not because he is bad at it but because Nintendo failed to deliver a satisfying game to him.

exactly. I never said he was bad at it, but if he doesn't enjoy the game for what it is, then what's the point in playing?

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

muscle_shark

play the song of time backward for slow days

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#38 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

There can be alot of pressure when playing against the clock.