MadWorld vs No More Heroes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Brawl578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Brawl578
Member since 2008 • 895 Posts

MadWorld vs No More Heroes

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Madworld is much better.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

No More Heroes, combat felt more satisfying and i liked its story and style better.

k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts

No More Heroes was longer, funnier, and overall better. MadWorld was more polished, but No More Heroes at least added more things to do as it went on. The only variations in MadWorld were the Bloodbath Challenges, which were not enough. No More Heroes offered new side jobs, and the boss fights were more unique and interesting.

No More Heroes gets my vote.

On an unrelated note, this is my first post on this board in months. You probably don't even recognize me now.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 kardine
Member since 2008 • 2863 Posts

NMH was longer even if you do not count the overworld and fetch quests but Madworld was betetr overall I think. I do not place pure raw length of a game as the only factor. Madworld had great motion controls, better graphics, the fighting had a method to its madness.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
The only place No More Heroes beats MadWorld is length. MadWorld is better in every other way.
Forumposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Forumposter
Member since 2008 • 847 Posts
NMH, madworld fails at being funny... stupid narrators
tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

It might be because I just finished it but I have to go with Madworld. No More Heroes was great but I had much more fun with Madworld. The combat was more satisfying imo and I preferred the boss fights. The bosses in No More Heroes were more interesting though.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kardine
NMH, madworld fails at being funny... stupid narratorsForumposter
More like some of the best commentators I have seen in a game. They are a must have if there ever was a sequel.
riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

madworld

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

No More Heroes.

Better main character, better bosses, actually fun. No More Heroes does new things never seen before and tries to push games to a new level in story and gameplay. MadWorld is a casualised God Hand with a different art design with a Gear of War character thrown in.

Madworld is constantly good but it never goes further. NMH can sometimes be extremely dull in one hour but the next will be the best and most refreshing gameplay you played this gen. In Madworld you do the same thing over and over again, in NMH you constantly awaits what the game will do next and you can't wait to see what's around the next corner.

Take Mario Vs Ratchet.

Ratchet is always fun to play but doesn't come close to Mario. This is how I see Madworld Vs No More Heroes.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JLF1

[QUOTE="Forumposter"]NMH, madworld fails at being funny... stupid narratorskardine
More like some of the best commentators I have seen in a game. They are a must have if there ever was a sequel.

They are very fun but there is far to little script in the game.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kardine

[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="Forumposter"]NMH, madworld fails at being funny... stupid narratorsJLF1

what is there is masterful

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JLF1

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

[QUOTE="kardine"] More like some of the best commentators I have seen in a game. They are a must have if there ever was a sequel.kardine

True but it makes the second play through a little boring.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kardine

[QUOTE="kardine"]

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

JLF1

True but it makes the second play through a little boring.

Though I admit there should be more commenating I do not think they have to do as much for multiple playthroughs to be completely different.

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts

No More Heroes.

Better main character, better bosses, actually fun. No More Heroes does new things never seen before and tries to push games to a new level in story and gameplay. MadWorld is a casualised God Hand with a different art design with a Gear of War character thrown in.

Madworld is constantly good but it never goes further. NMH can sometimes be extremely dull in one hour but the next will be the best and most refreshing gameplay you played this gen. In Madworld you do the same thing over and over again, in NMH you constantly awaits what the game will do next and you can't wait to see what's around the next corner.

Take Mario Vs Ratchet.

Ratchet is always fun to play but doesn't come close to Mario. This is how I see Madworld Vs No More Heroes.

JLF1

this.. i got bored of madworld very quick , its the same thing over and over and over again.

Keenzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Keenzach
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts

dude madworld roflpwns no more heroes.

Coffiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Coffiez
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
NMH was really fun,still haven't played Mad World seems brutal
thegamemonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 thegamemonkey
Member since 2007 • 3234 Posts

You don't have to mow lawns in Madworld. Therefore, it trumps NMH.

Avatar image for RatchetJunkie20
RatchetJunkie20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RatchetJunkie20
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts

I honestly wish I could take part in this discussion but I can't I've only played NMH! Not that I can't afford Madworld (I have a job) it's just I'm too cheap to pay $50 for one game. I guess I could wait until a used copy comes out or when my birthday rolls around. Hee-hee.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

I love both games :P i cant pick 1, each does something so different and unique and has something to love.

god i cant wait for NMH2 and im hoping for madworld 2

jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts

No More Heroes.

Take Mario Vs Ratchet.

JLF1

Its the "best and most refreshing gameplay" part that I really have a problem with.

No More Heroes was a great game, but not for its gameplay. The actual combat, minigame, and bike riding segments were about as tedious as tedious can get. While the bosses were all incredibly unique and interesting characters, the fights would drag on and on while you slowly chipped away at their health and they kept throwing the same easily avoidable attacks at you.

I loved No More Heroes, and I anxiously await Desperate Struggle. But MadWorld's gameplay is just much stronger and more varied than NMH. Heck, personally I'd give MadWorld the edge against NMH in everything except story, but even then MadWorld is no slouch.

superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

madworld is easily superior in gameplay and graphics but no more heroes ahs a better story overall madworld is easily better