Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34565 Posts

Seriously? Nintendo makes the best damn game in long time, and no one talks about it on the Nintendo forum? This forum tries to compete with my grandma on who's most dead.

Thoughts?

I'm currently on floor 10, and so far it's been awesome. Graphics, sound, animations, level design - top notch. The gameplay is better than LM has ever been. This is Nintendo, man. Only thing that's been able to stop me playing is my girlfriend who's annoyed she isn't playing.

Awesome game, highly recommended, don't sleep on it!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#2 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@Litchie: I'm sure it's a pretty decent game. A buddy of mine was super-excited for it and has been playing since it released.

I think there has been a lot coming out this year, and people are feeling it in their wallets. Pokemon comes out in a couple of days, and that's what I've been looking forward to.

You're absolutely right about this forum. I barely try to get any conversations going on now since people rarely want to respond. Fact of the matter is, most GS conversation happens in System Wars and the political boards now.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Nintendo has a hit with number three for sure. Each floor has its own unique ecosystem which are quite interesting and inviting. What pleases me is how this game is much more than sucking up ghosts. The floor design is superb with so many nuances from the rest. Seeing achievements in the game shocked me as I honestly can not recall playing other Nintendo first party games with such an implemented feature.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts
@Litchie said:

Seriously? Nintendo makes the best damn game in long time, and no one talks about it on the Nintendo forum?

Getting it as a holiday present later in the year. As such find only ass-hats give impressions to games they're ignorant about.

Plenty do that already here on the forums and I do not wish to join their ranks.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Litchie

@Solaryellow said:

Nintendo has a hit with number three for sure. Each floor has its own unique ecosystem which are quite interesting and inviting. What pleases me is how this game is much more than sucking up ghosts. The floor design is superb with so many nuances from the rest. Seeing achievements in the game shocked me as I honestly can not recall playing other Nintendo first party games with such an implemented feature.

Yeah, I didn't doubt it would be a good game, but I was really surprised by it. Got way more than I was expecting.

@RSM-HQ said:
@Litchie said:

Seriously? Nintendo makes the best damn game in long time, and no one talks about it on the Nintendo forum?

Getting it as a holiday present later in the year.

You're in for a treat. For some reason, this game feels like a perfect game to play during the holidays.

I'm on the last floor now. Sadness.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RSM-HQ

@Litchie: Thought the last one on 3DS was pretty good so hoping for at least, more of the same.

Hope they improved the controls however with it being on Switch.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

ive had it for a week and havent played it.

hate to say it but multiplayer gaming has become more entertaining to me than getting immersed in a single player game. been playing overwatch and paladins every day.

i will get to it soon though. ill post thoughts here.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I can't say much, got it on launch date but haven't been able to play it, I'm saturated with work right now but I have been expecting it for a long time, love Luigi's mansion since the GC.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Just made it to floor 4. Playing co-op. I absolutely love the interactive detail and animations.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#11 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Really want to play it at some stage. Haven't played a Luigi's Mansion game before but I guess that doesn't matter too much.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Litchie

@speeny: Doesn't matter at all dude. Might even be a good thing.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Litchie

@trugs26: Yeah, almost feels like playing a Pixar movie.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Litchie said:

@speeny: Doesn't matter at all dude. Might even be a good thing.

Yeah I agree... I played a bit of each on the Gamecube and 3DS, but never finished them.

But this game is easily the best in the series, and is a perfect point to jump in.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

Yea Luigi is always the underdog but this game is a hit for the Switch imo. I'm on floor 7 and its just been a fun ride so far. It's hard to put down with so many nuances in the levels practically begging for exploration.

I'm not expecting much when it comes to replay value but I'll definitely attempt to 100% the floors before retiring it

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Not being able to invert the camera and aiming ruined the game.

It's an uncontrollable mess.

Won't play until that's fixed

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@Nuck81: That is ridiculous that they don't have that option...

DList4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DList4ever
Member since 2019 • 213 Posts

@cejay0813: I kinda thought the same thing but then when I was done, I was like, I gotta keep this somehow! It was just way too much fun for me to just send it to the box of trade ins. This game was just way too beautifully done and had way too many laughs to just play it once and chuck it like that.

I've since tucked it oh-so-carefully away until next Oct when I've had an entire year to forget as much of the puzzles as I can. I figure I'll make it my own little Halloween tradition for a few years. Other people read certain books or watch certain movies for certain holidays, why not a game?

DList4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DList4ever
Member since 2019 • 213 Posts

@Litchie: IKR?! lol.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RSM-HQ

I've only sunk a few hours in so far and gotta say it plays almost identical to Dark Moon on 3DS yet way easier.

Which. . . Isn't a complement honestly. Sorry to anyone who skipped the 3DS and thought this was new and exciting.

Was hoping for better controls considering what they have to work with. Outside of that muscle memory struggle it's certainly more of the same, just shinier.

Get the feeling I'll just end up slogging through the game after I'm done with Way of the Passive Fist and Ninja Warriors. Which I'm having far more fun with.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2a4f5973528
deactivated-5f2a4f5973528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5f2a4f5973528
Member since 2019 • 32 Posts

Previewing the game a bit (while avoiding spoilers) and sounds like things only go up after the first part. I hope this is the case anyway as so far it's been quite tame and slow. And the "ghost battles better get harder, as that slam movement makes them way too easy for now.

I'll try to remember and come back to add to this post as I progress...