Looking forward to Crystal Bearers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts

If you aren't looking forward to Crystal Bearers or have any doubts, simply check out the Crystal Bearers website. They've actually put a ton of stuff into the game. There's a huge, detailed open world and other stuff to do outside of missions. I may not get it Day 1 but I will be eventually. My game list is already big as it is for Wii. Are you looking forward to it?

ChildOfGaming7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ChildOfGaming7
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts

I'll get it if I get some money for chirstmas. The GI review may have bashed it, but it can't be horrible!!

neon_tetra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 neon_tetra
Member since 2005 • 345 Posts

I really want to get this game but it doesn't come out until next year over here :(

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
it does look fun and good but only time will tell sadly i am out of funds this month and next i have to get 2 games so its unlikely i'll get it then
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff51/brunobrs/crystalbearersheader.jpg

does that answer your question? :P

Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
There may be some games that I want to get first next year, but I am going to be getting it. It looks like a very good game.
vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

I'm probably gonna get it..but there are other games that i wanna get first.

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Definitely. It's looking pretty awesome, and while it isn't going to be as kickass as FFXIII, it's gonna be a lot of fun. Looking forward to it.

sundown19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sundown19
Member since 2004 • 418 Posts

Just got my January issue of Game Informer, and The Crystal Bearers bears a 5.5.

"And you thought Dirge of Cerberus was stupid!"

"...it is a generic action game through and through..."

"...a mishmash of awful mechanics delivered alongside a predictable and obvious story."

"...the dialogue is particularly heinous, with stilted and wooden exchanges that make you wince..."

"...Crystal Bearers hits its target graphical style...unfortunately, you would actually have to play the game to enjoy the art, and that is something I just can't recommend to anyone."

Isn't Game Informer usually pretty generous with their reviews? If they gave it a 5.5, what's GameSpot going to give it? Man, this sucks...I really wanted this game to be good...

Shy_Guy_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#10 Shy_Guy_Red
Member since 2006 • 17138 Posts

I'm not sure about this game actually, at first I really wanted it and I still sorta do, and I probably will get, but not immeadietly, the few reviews it has gotten seem to state that the game has lots of problems, so I'll wait for more reviews and put it under the "Buy if you can get it for a good price" column.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

The only FF im looking forward to now is 13.

Never really got into the crystal thing, sorry :|

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

Just got my January issue of Game Informer, and The Crystal Bearers bears a 5.5.

"...a mishmash of awful mechanics delivered alongside a predictable and obvious story."

"...the dialogue is particularly heinous, with stilted and wooden exchanges that make you wince..."

"...Crystal Bearers hits its target graphical style...unfortunately, you would actually have to play the game to enjoy the art, and that is something I just can't recommend to anyone."

Isn't Game Informer usually pretty generous with their reviews? If they gave it a 5.5, what's GameSpot going to give it? Man, this sucks...I really wanted this game to be good...

sundown19
the game got a pretty good score from famitsu, which, by the way, says everything they claim to be bad is actually good. so they say the story's good, the gameplay's good, etc.
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

[QUOTE="sundown19"]

BrunoBRS

the game got a pretty good score from famitsu, which, by the way, says everything they claim to be bad is actually good. so they say the story's good, the gameplay's good, etc.

Yeah, Famitsu is the only gaming publication whose scores I actually consider taking seriously.

tidusjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tidusjeff
Member since 2003 • 713 Posts
I wouldn't say FFXII deserved a 40/40 but a 39/40 instead. As for crystal bearers I'm open enough to play it.
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="sundown19"]

Khadaj32

Yeah, Famitsu is the only gaming publication whose scores I actually consider taking seriously.

I've always been a fan of Famitsu. They just gave Bayonetta a perfect score (kinda makes you wish we got multiplats) and I've had a chance to play that game and it was awesome! I'd trust them with what they say aboutCC :)

GameInformer I wouldn't trust so much review wise. I peronally like that magazine for the articles/preiviews and just the overall format and layout is the best of any game magazine imo. But their reviews tend to be super critical and exagerated ime.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Not really looks like a fail sadly but who knows?

bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts

I know I'll get it eventually. I'm saving my holiday money for NMH2 and TvC in January.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#18 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I WANT! but...Tatsunoko comes in a month... :(

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Honestly, I'm not expecting a good game. I'm expecting a flop.

suntaice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 suntaice
Member since 2006 • 786 Posts

The only FF im looking forward to now is 13.

Never really got into the crystal thing, sorry :|

kenakuma

Same, I also don't like the main character in this game.

greenarcher02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 greenarcher02
Member since 2009 • 988 Posts
i can definitely see this flop.... people who are purist fans of the main series won't buy it... that's a lot
Joeker96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Joeker96
Member since 2009 • 828 Posts

I've never played a crystal chronicles game but I really want this it looks great and the world is huge. And the boss battle are intense, 100 ft spiked black dragon, anyone?

blueydwlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blueydwlf
Member since 2007 • 385 Posts

Im psyched for it and its a day one for me. Aside from GI Ive heard nothing but good things about this game.

game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 game-ster23
Member since 2009 • 17328 Posts

It looks really good.