LOL update Erased my SD card

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wiimark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wiimark
Member since 2007 • 100 Posts

thats pretty funny. i have been making backups of the games i buy. they are mine i paid for them. so anyway i go in and look at my sd card and all my games was erased. in fact the entire card was erased. all games now say you cannot copy to sd card except the n64 games. so all you folks who are running out of room forget about switching games back and forth. you will have to actually delete and redownload every time you want to swap games.

aside from making the sd card already more useless redownloading every time to switch games is lame. dont they understand that folks are running out of room. apparently not if they would do this.

what if i had a picture sd in there or backups of my family on that sd card. not cool at all. ps this card has never been removed. so it wasnt me "accidentally" erasing it.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts
It actually sounds like the card was corrupted. This can happen if you interrupt the power while it's trying to write, and also some off-brands will go blank for no apparent reason whatsoever.
wiimark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wiimark
the card was not corrupted. you cannot copy certain games anymore wich i had no problem copying beforehand. the only games you can copy now are n64. before i had a backup of every game i had owned. they did it intentionally
chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6281 Posts

the card was not corrupted. you cannot copy certain games anymore wich i had no problem copying beforehand. the only games you can copy now are n64. before i had a backup of every game i had owned. they did it intentionallywiimark

This kind of makes since since N64 games are the only ones that are actually big enough that you would need to copy to a SD card for storage. The rest of the games use so little that you probably don't ever need to.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

That sucks. I don't know what else to say about that.

Hopefully Nintendo makes ONE channel to put all the VC games in.
Just one channel, with a master list. I really don't like the whole one game per channel thing. It looks sloppy, and is inconvenient for people who own alot of VC games.

chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6281 Posts

Just one channel, with a master list. I really don't like the whole one game per channel thing. It looks sloppy, and is inconvenient for people who own alot of VC games.

Conjuration

What I want nintendo to do is to just allow you to play your VC games of the SD cards instead of forcing you to store them in the small 512mb internal storage.

Comon I have a 2gb SD stick which is being used for nothing.

wiimark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wiimark
i did not signup for thier service before i started downloading vc games. so i cant just redownload if something happens to my games. i own like 200 dollers worth of games now i have no way of backing up and no way of redownloading. if one day i accidently poof the clear menu its all done. 200+ dollars worth of vc down the toilet. i paid for them yet im not allowed to own them.
rjs927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 rjs927
Member since 2007 • 547 Posts

i did not signup for thier service before i started downloading vc games. so i cant just redownload if something happens to my games. i own like 200 dollers worth of games now i have no way of backing up and no way of redownloading. if one day i accidently poof the clear menu its all done. 200+ dollars worth of vc down the toilet. i paid for them yet im not allowed to own them.wiimark

What service? All you have to do is download the games and you can redownload them after that.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

This isn't true or Nintendo hates you

Either way it's only happening to you

I just checked my SD card (everything is still on it)and even copied Kirby over to it. Everything went just fine.

Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

It actually sounds like the card was corrupted. This can happen if you interrupt the power while it's trying to write, and also some off-brands will go blank for no apparent reason whatsoever.ThePlothole

Yeah, my SanDisk reformated and erased itself. I can't get to work. My comp doesn't recognize it, and my phone can't reformat it (it was a microSD with a SD card adapter). Meh, it was only a 512, now I have a 2GB for my phone. I'm gonna get one specifically for the Wii though :).

wiimark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wiimark

mike tysona puch out - this file cannot be copied.

super mario brothers - this file cannot be copied.

dungeon exploror - this file cannot be copied.

kid icarus - this file cannot be copied.

only n 64 games copy. that is copyright protection. not something i am doing

Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts

Conjuration

Yeah that would be good, but it would still take up the same amount of room. (maybe even more)

Besides you can also just delete the game you aren't using at the moment and redownload it for free. But I think you all knew this by now. lol

But anyway... Sorry to hear your files on the SD card got deleted.

mattyftm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mattyftm
Member since 2005 • 7306 Posts

mike tysona puch out - this file cannot be copied.

super mario brothers - this file cannot be copied.

dungeon exploror - this file cannot be copied.

kid icarus - this file cannot be copied.

only n 64 games copy. that is copyright protection. not something i am doing

wiimark

The legend of zleda - the data has been coppied

Link to the past - the data has been coppied

Bonk's adventure - the data has been coppied

Super mario 64 - the data has been coppied

thats one game from every system I own a game from on the VC, and they all work. Its definately just you. It sounds like the SD card has been corrupted. reformat it, it should fix it.

wiimark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wiimark

just reformated the sd card real quick on my laptop. same result. only n64 games copy. no others will copy. i must have an update you dont/ whens the last time you updated.

how can i redownload btw. just out of curiosity

just another test i pulled the sd card out of my camera with the same result. unable to copy any game except n64 games.

mattyftm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mattyftm

just reformated the sd card real quick on my laptop. same result. only n64 games copy. no others will copy. i must have an update you dont/ whens the last time you updated.

how can i redownload btw. just out of curiosity

wiimark

Just go onto the wii shop channel and select the game and it will redownload free of charge if you have allready paid for it.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

I have the absolute latest patch (just updated today), and was also successfully able to copy games from several systems (Bonk for the TG, Sonic for the Genesis, and SMW for the SNES).

wiimark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wiimark

i see what i did. its the wrong section. it has to do with certain games and saved files. this was obvious when i looked at the file size and everything was the wrong size. it was not the copying of the game itself. i was wrong. it does look like a corrupted sd card that started the whole issue.

japanesegoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 japanesegoth
Member since 2004 • 2164 Posts
in other words, you got pwned
hiho24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 hiho24
Member since 2005 • 4052 Posts
The update didnt erase my backed up games/saves. :|
mattyftm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mattyftm

in other words, you got pwnedjapanesegoth

But who Pwned him - that is the question. Nintendo, the SD card manfacturer or himself???

wiimark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wiimark

in other words, you got pwnedjapanesegoth

in every crevis. plus upsidedown and sideways.

Mck2175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mck2175
Member since 2003 • 159 Posts
Oh man that would suck