Little King's Story -Wii's best new third party title?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Popadophalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Popadophalis
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts

So Little King story has been out in Europe and Japan for a while now and has been getting rave reviews. I've owned it for a week and can say its probably one of the deepest most enjoyable third party games released on the console that isn't a port.

So with the game coming out in America very soon how many of you are actually going to pick the title up?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
i should be pre-ordering very soon. i just bought infamous, so i need some break from buying games. then again, my paycheck's this sunday, so ill be pre-ordering next week or so.
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

I wish! I don't know how i will be able to afford Metroid Prime Trilogy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M, Pikmin 3, Zelda Wii(if 2010 release) Red Steel 2, Wii Sports Resort, and New Super Mario Brothers Wii! At the most i can Take out New Super Mario Brothers wii, and Red Steel 2...but the rest are MUST haves. Metroid Prime Trilogy is an absolute steel! 50$ for something that should cost you 90 or 100$. If you Pre-Order it you also get free stuff...that remindes me! I have to get Pikmin 2 NPC! I'm spending all my money by the end of 2010!

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

Yes, probably the best Wii game this year. Can't wait.

Shy_Guy_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#5 Shy_Guy_Red
Member since 2006 • 17138 Posts

According to Gamerankings it's the 2nd best 3rd party 09 wii title. ;) Only Tiger Woods beats it.

And can't wait for this.

Makedonijo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Makedonijo
Member since 2007 • 351 Posts

maybe best reviews but personally... and im not alone on this think the conduit was the best new third party title

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#7 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
I've had it since release here in Australia and it hasn't left my Wii since the day I bought it. It's remarkably good.
Shayde_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Shayde_Shadow
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts

I finished it back in June, and it is simply amazing.

Popadophalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Popadophalis
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
I've had it since release here in Australia and it hasn't left my Wii since the day I bought it. It's remarkably good.so_hai
It really is, the only improvement that they could have made would have been pointer controls...
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
[QUOTE="so_hai"]I've had it since release here in Australia and it hasn't left my Wii since the day I bought it. It's remarkably good.Popadophalis
It really is, the only improvement that they could have made would have been pointer controls...

And that is huge IMHO. Controls are everything in a game. I will be picking this game up, but won't be pre-ordering.
steizgr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 steizgr8
Member since 2007 • 559 Posts

Very easily the best Wii game so far this year. Maybe the whole year? :shock:

The only games I imagine that might be better are MP Trilogy for the price and NSMBWii for the mario goodness.

MadSavage22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 MadSavage22
Member since 2009 • 587 Posts

Ive seen it and heard about it but I dont know exatly what it is...what can you safely call this game?? How is it as good as you say?

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17858 Posts

Ive seen it and heard about it but I dont know exatly what it is...what can you safely call this game?? How is it as good as you say?

MadSavage22
have you played pikmin? its like pikmin...but with town development, a bigger vartiety of units and a bit more crazy added. loosely its a strategy game....but not like Command and conquer strategy....its different to that. its certainly the best game ive played on my wii this year anyway. my only complaint really is that they didnt have pointer controls for some bizarre reason so targeting stuff is a bit of a pain. clearly the dev didnt think that through. but overall id definately recommend it to anyone.
MadSavage22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MadSavage22

[QUOTE="MadSavage22"]

osan0

have you played pikmin? its like pikmin...but with town development, a bigger vartiety of units and a bit more crazy added. loosely its a strategy game....but not like Command and conquer strategy....its different to that. its certainly the best game ive played on my wii this year anyway. my only complaint really is that they didnt have pointer controls for some bizarre reason so targeting stuff is a bit of a pain. clearly the dev didnt think that through. but overall id definately recommend it to anyone.

Ive never played Pikmin either...so what do you do now??

hansolo14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hansolo14
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

maybe best reviews but personally... and im not alone on this think the conduit was the best new third party title

Makedonijo

jajaja LKS is by far better than the Noobduit

but personally... and im not alone on this think the conduit was the best new third party title

uh?have you already completed LKS to compare it?

MadSavage22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MadSavage22

[QUOTE="Makedonijo"]

hansolo14

but personally... and im not alone on this think the conduit was the best new third party title

I think its all personal prefrence. LKS may not be his cup o tea along with others so of course in there eyes The Conduit will be better...but to other LKS will obviously be better...so yeah you cant blame him for liking what he likes.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
I'll most certainly be getting it, though I'm not quite sure if it is "The best third-party support". After all, they don't even use the IR, something that makes complete sense and would have been easy to program.
hansolo14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hansolo14

I'll most certainly be getting it, though I'm not quite sure if it is "The best third-party support". After all, they don't even use the IR, something that makes complete sense and would have been easy to program.Head_of_games

IMO is better with no pointer, cause you have to get closer to attack and take some risk, with pointer I think itcould turn a point/click adventure

not the case, this one require skills ;)

OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 OniStrat
Member since 2003 • 1800 Posts

Little King's Story is the best Third party title on the Wii, yes. I pretty much love everything about it.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

[QUOTE="Makedonijo"]

hansolo14

Oh no! He has a different opinion than you! Burn him!

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
I'm quite shocked at how much I'm enjoying this. It seemed very shallow and short when playing for the first hour, but the game just gets deeper and deeper every time I play it. The graphics aren't technically great, but artistic it's pure delicious eyecandy. It sort of gave me a nostalgic feeling because the bittersweet graphics reminded me of playing Golden Sun on the GBA for the very first time. The music is great as well. And generally the game just feels right. It shows class in both programming and design, even in the menu's and opening credits. My only gripe with it is that the controls can be a bit clunky at times, and they should've gone with something like the New Play Control Pikmin games, because the game doesn't use motion sensing which is a shame. Especially the targetting is a lot (and I mean a LOT) better in Pikmin for the Wii. Still it's a great game and I really really hope it sells well. :) It certainly deserves it!
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I'm not sure I'm getting it for the Wii but I'm totally picking it up at some point

It'll be a solid title no matter where it's played. The Wii gets it's version first so people who can't wait had better warm up their Wiimotes

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sgt_Crow

I'm not sure I'm getting it for the Wii but I'm totally picking it up at some point

It'll be a solid title no matter where it's played. The Wii gets it's version first so people who can't wait had better warm up their Wiimotes

Jaysonguy

You got me confused.
This game isn't coming out on other platforms, is it?

TheSmitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 TheSmitto
Member since 2008 • 1898 Posts

Jaysonguy

Hmmmm...Is this playing at the fact that it doesn't use pointer controls, or that xseed is going to be porting games over?8)

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Sgt_Crow

You got me confused.
This game isn't coming out on other platforms, is it?

The game could see availability elsewhere

It's such a solid title that Wii owners should be very excited it's on the console

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sgt_Crow

It's such a solid title that Wii owners should be very excited it's on the console

Jaysonguy

'Could' see isn't enough though.
Why wait for the small possibility on another console if you can play it now?

You don't seem very excited it's on the Wii. :P

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Sgt_Crow

'Could' see isn't enough though.
Why wait for the small possibility on another console if you can play it now?

You don't seem very excited it's on the Wii. :P

No, I'm excited

It's a great game and everyone should have a chance to play it.

I mean you can't be friends with Haz and NOT buy the game (since he loves the game more then puppies and other small baby animals)

Darkmagcite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Darkmagcite
Member since 2008 • 460 Posts
I'm glad you're really enjoying it. I really can't wait for the game honestly; it's a light hearted mix of fantasy and Pikmin and I really think it's going to be great. It's just something that will bring me memories of Pikmin and the Fire Emblem series, and it's just hyping me up for Pikmin 3. :)
Avatar image for 228623477423185005978085524869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 228623477423185005978085524869
Member since 2009 • 604 Posts

I'm glad you're really enjoying it. I really can't wait for the game honestly; it's a light hearted mix of fantasy and Pikmin and I really think it's going to be great. It's just something that will bring me memories of Pikmin and the Fire Emblem series, and it's just hyping me up for Pikmin 3. :) Darkmagcite

No, good sir! Don't be fooled! That's what they want you to think... This game is devious. Devious as the devil himself, I say! lol

Gotta love being a kid and have dozens of wives. This game is so full of win it hurts. :P

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]I'll most certainly be getting it, though I'm not quite sure if it is "The best third-party support". After all, they don't even use the IR, something that makes complete sense and would have been easy to program.hansolo14

IMO is better with no pointer, cause you have to get closer to attack and take some risk, with pointer I think itcould turn a point/click adventure

not the case, this one require skills ;)

The developers would just need to make a few small adjustments to counteract any changes. If the controls don't work well, I'm not going to like the game so hopefully it's not a big deal.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

Thiswill bemy summer game.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

Jaysonguy
I see you've come up with your latest contrary-to-what-everyone-thinks idea. Unless you can give me some proof that the game will, or even MAY, be ported I think I'll have to once again call you crazy.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Head_of_games

I see you've come up with your latest contrary-to-what-everyone-thinks idea. Unless you can give me some proof that the game will, or even MAY, be ported I think I'll have to once again call you crazy.

You're going to want to keep up on the headlines

THIS IS DAYS OLD

hansolo14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hansolo14

[QUOTE="hansolo14"]

[QUOTE="Makedonijo"]

TaMuK711

Oh no! He has a different opinion than you! Burn him!

go go go!!